Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    That's really more of a general game design goal. To keep us plugging and grinding away. They don't have the resources anymore for constant large amounts of content creation so are interested in creating content such that it wont be "beaten" for awhile to give them time to come up with something new. It's not something that is problem with specific content but is a by product of the state the game has been in for awhile and would expect it in some form from any content.

That said players learn and adapt and get better at farming things and often can end up outpacing the expectation and we've only had a handful of reports of people doing single runs. And heck some of them have already done full clears. People already found a free run room. I fully expect this to get figured out and people farming several cards a run or how to chain runs. I'm more concerned with the mats since so far looks like only from guild npc at a high price. Would be taking huge chunks of gil out of the economy millions at a time if no other source is found which will probably have a decent effect on player to player transactions/how people farm gil
    Here's the thing:
    Daily chores make people quit faster than "beating the game" does, especially when they can't even help their friends our to do the content.

These people end up quitting in disgust and anger, and will greatly reduce their chances of coming back.

Quitting because you "beat the game" makes you quit happy and fullfilled, with a sense of accomplishment, and will probably return to play the game.

You NEVER want to make people quit in anger due to gates/burn out, that only makes them never want to return to your game.
    (4)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-14-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm not even sure if people would shout for omen. Would be better for them to just go with linkshell members or friends.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    I'm not even sure if people would shout for omen. Would be better for them to just go with linkshell members or friends.
    And, that's a problem. Things need to be available to shout groups, this really isn't.

(It obviously -is- but the punishment for failing is too steep with a 20 hour lock)

It's always good rewards: bad design. Or bad rewards: good design. or bad rewards: bad design (lol).

As I was typing, realized a half solution. If you don't complete the content you don't lose KI, just like ambuscade. That'd be more reasonable. You can still only do it once(if you win), but failure isn't a kick in the teeth.
    (4)
    Last edited by Vae; 12-14-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    And, that's a problem. Things need to be available to shout groups, this really isn't.

(It obviously -is- but the punishment for failing is too steep with a 20 hour lock)

It's always good rewards: bad design. Or bad rewards: good design. or bad rewards: bad design (lol).

As I was typing, realized a half solution. If you don't complete the content you don't lose KI, just like ambuscade. That'd be more reasonable. You can still only do it once(if you win), but failure isn't a kick in the teeth.
    Yes, this would help a lot too. It would make it so people don't just static/run with geared players or the best jobs.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-14-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Doesn't that not work since supposedly you can get more than one card per run?
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, but unlimited cards for +2 isn't really a big deal. It's the drops from the bosses to make +3 that matter.
    (1)

So I did Omen.

I am not fond of it. The 20 hour cooldown makes me want to be entirely too selective about who I want to come with. That's not fun. In ambuscade, I honestly don't care if a few people aren't perfect or quite up to the group's level as long as the rest can handle it. I've 4 or 5-manned plenty of ambuscades and given some random job a token role ("Hey feint will help us" / "Defensive buffs never hurt" / even so far as letting a blm help cure)

I think something on the order of 3 hours would be far better. I have two groups of friends that I keep separate because they play for very different reasons. (The 'whatever it takes' crowd vs the 'it is my $12.95, I'll play how I like" crowd) and I don't feel like I can adequately participate in this with both.

Edit: Less than 3 hours would also be fine. At least 1 hour though.
    (10)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 12-14-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You also have to remember there's servers with like, < 300 people on at any given time.
    You CANNOT have 20 hour lock outs in a game with < 300 player populations on at any given time on 75% of the servers. It doesn't work.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    So I did Omen.

I am not fond of it. The 20 hour cooldown makes me want to be entirely too selective about who I want to come with. That's not fun. In ambuscade, I honestly don't care if a few people aren't perfect or quite up to the group's level as long as the rest can handle it. I've 4 or 5-manned plenty of ambuscades and given some random job a token role ("Hey feint will help us" / "Defensive buffs never hurt" / even so far as letting a blm help cure)
    Yeah, the fact that the content has sub-objectives and failure means you essentially wasted 20 hours will make people much less tolerant toward mistake and less geared/capable people.

Can't really blame them though.
    (5)

So, I was meaning to ask. Is it 20 hours from when you use the KI or when you get the KI?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast