Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Player
    No, I don't agree. Escha has other ways to control NMs and fights. It's a different kind of content.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    No, I don't agree. Escha has other ways to control NMs and fights. It's a different kind of content.
    Sounds hypocritical to me. What happened "to passion, the hard work, the sense of achievement"?

Do you want just to spam escha/rei "until you get lucky"?
    (0)

Player
    I think everyone is looking at Omen the wrong way. Seriously, try watching the Freshly Picked. ^^;;

Even if you don't understand the words being said, you should still be able to pick up on intonation/pitch/etc, and it's pretty easy to tell the devs were really excited about Omen. If you understand the content of what they say, then it's pretty easy to understand that they were excited about giving us basically a "Hard Mode Only" event that has strict rules, harsh requirements, and far from winnable for soloers or those not already endgame geared. Any/all expectations that we'd be able to TrustSolo our way to wins were based on overly hopeful and misguided interpretations of what was said before it was released. (Given the clvl of the bosses, this also makes sense whether we like it or not. No one should be soloing 139 clvl bosses.) It was designed to present a challenge that players can't overcome or outmaneuver by rapidly/repeatedly banging our heads against a proverbial wall. BTW, I have failed spectacularly and consistently so far with Omen on 3x different mastered jobs with solid gear, and even so, I have no issues or disagreements with the throwback lockout. Even though I really want to upgrade multiple jobs' worth of AF. ~_~;;

I'll get 'em all done eventually. <.< It might not be for a few months in my case, but I'll get there. Probably riiiiiiight before they announce a reduction in the cooldown/lockout with my luck, but I'll get there. XD There is this rare thing called "patience" that does exist and is said to be a virtue after all. We've got enough instant-gratification content at this point, there's nothing wrong with getting the occasional "hard work and effort" type event.

I'm still predicting a major reduction in the lockout around March/April. Possibly a reduction in February (down to ~15-16hrs) to calm everyone down, but down to like... 10-12hrs by the April update. This timeframe fits in with their annual scheduling (which I've always assumed is tied to fiscal year,) would be good timing to release something major alongside it (like a new 'wing' for Omen to upgrade relic armor for instance,) and the 3-5mon range is usually when top-tier content starts getting nerfed to become accessible to 'casuals' in my MMO experience.
    (This is assuming that they have not already decided to call Omen "complete" before then and have no plans to continue or update it beyond what we have now.)
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    Sounds hypocritical to me. What happened "to passion, the hard work, the sense of achievement"?

Do you want just to spam escha/rei "until you get lucky"?
    Not hypocritical, Escha/Reisenjima has already a big filter. Pops. Specially the coffers from Incursion are annoying to get. There are more ways to filter content than just time. Omen happens to be time based. Escha doesn't. Work with the mechanics given. Someone here likes to twist words into a black/white setting. It's not black or white. Please stay in context.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The only Escha NMs that are limited by pops are Reisenjima T2s (Incursion grand coffers are annoying to get) and a handful of T4s (Teles comes to mind). You might be be able to make a case for Kirin or anything that uses Gravewood logs. Everything else is virtually unlimited.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    Not hypocritical, Escha/Reisenjima has already a big filter. Pops.
    No, really. T1 pops are basically infinite. Several best equipment drop from T1. Several merlinic pieces, vanya, heck even Almaric hands. Even the pops from several T2 and T3 are so easy to get that they may as well be.

Please stay in context.
    I am. I'm showing you that not even you like time based gates. You are being hypocritical. Why don't you want 20 hours filler for every T1. Where's the passion, the hard work, the sense of achievement?

Because no one like arbitrary lockdowns, given the change. No one goes "whoa, my experience surely would be better if I could do this event once every 20 hours".

In fact, if anything it acts as deterrent to do event, I'd imagine especially on low pop servers.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jin_Uzuki; 01-12-2017 at 03:26 AM.

Player
    Working and achieving stuff doesn't mean being active in a certain task. You also need to plan on how to approach an event. Throwing a bunch of people on a specific event is as dumb as anything that doesn't go along the lines of achievement or hard word.

I also never said I like the 20 hours cool down. In a sense you are making me the martyr of a claim without foundation.
    (0)

perhaps addtional KI or tradable items for the KI attained from fighting reisei T3-5 mobs or something. this will allow serious players to continue seriously. 20 hr lockout was probably added to prevent over crowding since the last boss's hp is thru the roof and takes a while one way or another. having to attain several items from T3-T5 mobs makes trying to get back in a little tricky, however should compesate to prevent over crowding
    (0)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13