Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't think it's as complex a change as you believe it is. Since neither of us know, we'll have to agree to disagree.

In fairness, we were both typing about the double use of diffusion at the same time (I didn't want to add a second post), but as I said above, make diffusion not usable in town and that solves that (UL buffs are lost upon zone change anyway). That might require a little programming effort, though pup / bst call-pet JAs are already programmed so.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 12-13-2016 at 03:36 AM.

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Why? Its not really necessary considering there is a moogle 5 feet away.
    (1)

Because losing buffs each time is annoying, basically. QoL adjustment, that's all.

I know 5 feet isn't you being literal but it's further than buff range.

Edit: Point is, it becomes tedious to do again and again and again.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 12-13-2016 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Because losing buffs each time is annoying, basically. QoL adjustment, that's all.

I know 5 feet isn't you being literal but it's further than buff range.

Edit: Point is, it becomes tedious to do again and again and again.
    While I'd be all for such a change as I've made more than a few of those trips back and forth to the nomad moogles, I find something amusing about trying to remove a repetitive aspect from an already incredibly repetitive event. If only I could have my memory purged every time I entered Ambuscade...

(0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    For it to apply a JA reset automatically, it would be a system level change, and if I'm right and there is no existing content where that already happens, would have to be done from scratch.
    I rather doubt it is anywhere as simple a process as you are thinking it should be.. In that case, the simplest solution would be to add a Super Revitalizer temp item to our inventories on entry. This would actually be a more fair way of implementation since there are some jobs that have mandatory use JAs that are fundamentally impossible to prebuff outside, like BST > Call Beast for example.

Best example of balance breaking I can come up with against this idea would be Diffusion/Unbridled Learning. If JAs were reset on entry, a BLU could prebuff everyone with a Diffusion+Mighty Guard, then inside Diffusion+Carcharian Verve/Harden Shell/Erratic Flutter... That would have a rather significant impact on flow of battle. You could bump that up to all of the above w/ only 2x BLU in the party. Yeah... Seems like it would be a great idea to lock us all into pld+whm+4x blu for every Ambuscade ever at that point ><;;;
    An easy fix to this is to remove mighty guard from Bluemage.
    Which should happen anyways.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure entertaining the idea of doing this to save a few seconds is more tedious to the programmers lol
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Afania;588812]Same reason why lock buff were nerfed. We used lock the embrava and No.11s in 2012 then it's nerfed. [quote]

Which was gamebreaking at the time.

Maybe there's other JA that lowers difficulty by having access to it twice that I'm not aware of.
    There isn't.

As for protect/shell wipe thing, if it doesn't wipe then you can get pro/shell V without a mage in pt, in other words you get buffs without having the job in party.
    Like by having the RUN or PLD cast them, most the good buffs are on a short timer and require a mage/enhancer.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2