Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Can we get the Double Synthesis campaign back again?

I really do want to level a craft and we haven't had a double synthesis campaign in a long time.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    I really do want to level a craft and we haven't had a double synthesis campaign in a long time.
    Taken from another thread, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Campaigns have done more harm than good and if they are not adjusted or re-evaluated soon they will cause unfixable long term problems to the game.
    ...and this is why. Everyone now knows campaigns happen every month so we put off doing XYZ until the one that makes life easier on us swings around again, which is unfortunate. I want to get my crafts up, too, but don't find it worth my time considering how it's still a painfully slow, inventory draining process from 70 to 110. I'd rather they just find some sort of middle ground between the game as we know it and campaign conditions - we would still have to grind, which SE loves, but we would have to do less of it and get to do it whenever we want rather than on SE's limited time frames. The argument that such changes shouldn't be made because it would make the game easier is ridiculous considering campaigns have already done that. Most of the Master jobs and "ultimate" weapons running around exist only because of those campaigns.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Campaigns definitely have done more harm than good to this game lol. These days people complained about doing anything isn't "worth the time", refuse to do anything outside of campaign, then quit after getting 10 269 REMA weapons and 15 job master jobs, when back then we spent 6 months just to get 1 job to 75.

I've heard people tell me they have "nothing to do" in this game if CP campaign isn't active. I find it a bit ridiculous, personally.

I always viewed campaign as some sort of bonus, if it's up great, if not then that's fine. But apparently people don't think that way, most view campaign as "must have" to do anything, which is kinda sad tbh.
    (4)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So level one then?

Things were a lot harder in the old days leveling crafting and I managed it, and I'm talking about in the days when:

- No HP's around. You had to go from one town to the next to collect ingredients sometimes
    - Synthesis increase rates were slower
    - There was no such thing as 'Skill up food'

SE designed crafting as something to do while waiting around for a party or something. It wasn't created as a 'on your marks, get set, go' speed level to 110.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 12-07-2016 at 03:18 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Yeah I've randomly gotten 2 mules from nothing to 90-100 since Saturday just crafting while I watch tv. Don't even have the +rate gear/mog garden things. If you want to level you still can quite quickly. Plus gps are insanely fast these days
    (0)

Player
    I would like to note that 1-70 is now borderline guaranteed skillups. No campaign needed, and not sure how much doubling a 99% skillup rate is really going to make much of a difference :3
    (0)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It seems I got what I want. I win.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Synergy Still doesn't get double skill up rates. It's the only one that needs it. Synergy skilling is miserable. Synthesis skilling is tolerable. Failure.

Well, fishing is miserable too. But who cares about fishing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 12-20-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It seems I got what I want. I win.
    Yeah SE loves throwing out free stuff to people in a monthly sub MMO that gets almost no content updates so that people run out of things to do and quit even quicker.

Genius business strategy.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Synergy Still doesn't get double skill up rates. It's the only one that needs it. Synergy skilling is miserable. Synthesis skilling is tolerable. Failure.

Well, fishing is miserable too. But who cares about fishing.
    I am pretty sure that there is a dev post floating around that says that fishing IS affected by the skill up campaign, but yeah, synergy needs it more.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast