Thread: Trust Haste

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Could argue:

Fact: everything would be faster if the trusts had gear haste.

Fact: they're fine as they are.

As slow or not, they are fine now, doesn't mean there is no room for improvement.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They should probably look into nerfing some of the mage trusts but making DD ones more appealing(read: actually usable) in higher tier content. You're kinda forced to play DD's if you want to lowman/solo higher end content because the only trusts that do anything are mages/supports.

.Koru being able to do nearly everything a RDM main can bring is insulting and feels awful as a RDM player.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-18-2016 at 12:30 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    They should probably look into nerfing some of the mage trusts but making DD ones more appealing(read: actually usable) in higher tier content. You're kinda forced to play DD's if you want to lowman/solo higher end content because the only trusts that do anything are mages/supports.

.Koru being able to do nearly everything a RDM main can bring is insulting and feels awful as a RDM player.
    Koru can't nuke, can't melee (and can't sc), and his enfeebles/buffs are not as potent/accurate as a real RDM... But compared to other mage trusts, he does cover more of what the job is capable of. Nothing which calls for nerfs of any kind though.

On higher level stuff, even mages will do nothing but stand around if their macc is deemed too low to reliably land nukes/debuffs. The only reason that mages/supports perform better on higher stuff is because we're using them for only buffs/MBs and tend to favor the magic-melee trusts due to how they can't really miss. If you want things to be evened out, then the best solution would be to simply raise all trust accuracy/macc ratings. Again, no need for nerfs.

BTW, why do you expect trusts to allow us to solo "higher end content" anyway? I'm pretty sure that the devs have gone on record several times that they are not intended to be as good as players and not intended to allow us to solo everything in the game. Why do so many players default to "solo mode mentality" when we're playing a MMO? That middle "M" stands for "Multiplayer" after all.. It makes perfect sense that there is content that you can't do solo+trusts.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well, let's be honest. Square threw away "multiplayer" when they made trust. I don't know what the CORRECT answer was, but trust slammed the coffin shut on multiplayer for anything that isn't impossible to do w/ trust.

It was getting hard to get help, and trust alleviated some of that problem, but yeah, I'll take trusts over players any chance I can get. I know Koru is ALWAYS going to haste me. I know Yoran is ALWAYS going to erase me. I know Zeid is ALWAYS going to (try) to stun tp moves and bad magic.

Players can be flaky. They can afk. They screw up. They're not always online.

Trusts fix all those problems too. Well, if they had customization settings (gambits) they'd be better....

You shouldn't be able to do the highest content with trusts, sure. But even if trusts have 100% haste and 100% accuracy it's not going to improve ability to kill the highest content.

It'll just fix the low end. And dramatically speed it up. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Whats wrong with letting people solo everything up to say i130? Mercs lose money? I can't think of any negative. At first pops would be congested, but it'd balance out because there's no reason to keep doing the content (to sell) if everyone can do it without NEEDING to buy it.

If every player in the entire game could suddenly solo all Escha t3 mobs, the whole player base would be better for it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 12-18-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I don't have any interest playing with the majority of people in this game because they want to run comps like 5 mages+ a paladin and no one gets to have fun playing a video game.

So I stick to lowman situations where we have fun playing with people who don't play in the most boring way imaginable.
    (0)

Player
    You'd be surprised how much of a difference certain Cheers make.
    I use the "Lunar Wyrm" Cheer that gives Trust: FC+20% macc+10%, so my mages will cast on things that other players' won't. (Sometimes it feels like YO's cures go off so fast he gets a bit confused tho <_<)
    There is another one that gives Trust: acc+10% racc+10%, have you tried using that when you want to use melee trusts?

Personally, I actually prefer trusts that don't feed TP to the target. Slightly slower kills sometimes, but the increased safety margin of less TP move spam is well worth doing a 3-4min kill instead of a 2-3min kill where Trust healers are going to have a harder time keeping up.

As far as clvl goes, I actually think they are about right as is. It's not a Good Thing to remove what few obstacles there are to prevent soloing 130+ content. Even without using the melee Cheer, my melee trusts have annoyingly high accuracy on Apex Crabs/Bats and frequently interrupt my self-scs, and those are lv127-130. The semi-recent mob agi:eva nerf did a pretty good job of increasing the number of things they could not-whiff on. I don't see a reason why we should be able to easily solo everything up thru Escha-Ruaun T3s, which is about the clvl that some seem to be asking for.

I'm happy about the haste buff, don't get me wrong. It will at least reduce recast timers for the ones I use for my style of play. Not going to gripe about a general acc/racc/macc buff either if they decided to give us one too. As long as total contribution is not comparable to a real player, I'll be happy. ^^ If it became better to use Trusts vs real players in 130+ clvl though, we'll have a serious problem.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello~!!

We brought this up with the development team, and while I can’t inform you of the time frame or haste values at the moment,
    they are going to look into adding gear haste to trusts.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Completely forgot this minor detail, but uh, yeah, when you finally get around to giving (all) the trusts haste. Don't forget to give snapshot to the rangers. And celerity/fast cast to the mages.

let's get this done in one go, let's not have to complain 3 separate times.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I know Koru is ALWAYS going to haste me.
    Unless you're soloing (dual wield club) as a WHM, for some reason :\
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Unless you're soloing (dual wield club) as a WHM, for some reason :\
    For "irregular" soloing, use KingofHearts. King will always haste2 and fresh2 no matter what job you're on. RNG solo, whmja solo, blu, cor, geo.

The statement was more to the fact that random shout party member may or not care enough to haste me. kuro doesn't have the luxury of not doing his job.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    COR doesn't get haste2 from koru even though corsair should be meleeing almost 100% of the time in parties.
    It sucks.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast