Hybrid View

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Relic reforged +1 inaccessability of materials

Hello, for upgrading our relic reforged armors to +1 it requires materials from voidwatch.

However, voidwatch is not content that is done by anyone unless a campaign is going up, and there actually isn't any of the materials on the AH as well as no way to farm them yourself because you need lights which requires bringing 8+ people to content no one has any interest in unless a campaign is happening.

Not only are these reforged items outdated, generally not useful for many jobs, but they're also 2-4x the price of NQ abjuration gear(you could also probably pay someone to merc you better gear for cheaper, especially abjurations) but the materials needed for them aren't even available on many servers auction houses or even obtainable via your own farming or /yelling for the items.

Can something be done to fix this? Making us do VW, an event no one does, to upgrade our old outdated armor seems silly. Some of the gear is nice "stopgap" gear for returning players, or "macro pieces", but with the lack of accessbility to actually obtaining these items, very little, if any, are worth trying to get.

Can something please be done to remedy this? Perhaps update voidwatch to the current game(even scaling the mobs up) so it's scaled to ilvl and works like other content aka scales with number of players past 3 and the light system removed entirely? I don't know, but it's really disheartening to know that relic reforged armor is something I have to ignore entirely for any job I want to play simply because of the voidwatch materials required.
    (0)

is it really that bad on Valefor? We always have materials up on Asura...

My advice is to make sure you get lots of materials when they do login campaigns with them (which they do every few months)

And buy extras on AH during login campaign.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    is it really that bad on Valefor? We always have materials up on Asura...
    It's bad everywhere except Asura, seeing as everyone and their galka packed into it lol Same issue happens with the abjuration gear on other servers, not enough people, so rarely any in stock and when they are, they're millions for a NQ
    (2)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 12-02-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That isn't really a solution.
    This gear isn't even good, by the time a login campaign/VW campaign comes around again I'll have no use for the gear except for some niche macro pieces.

An example:
    The +1 RDM boots are a nice nuking/enfeebling piece for someone new/returning. However, the cost is so high you might as well get someone to merc you higher tier gear which is cheaper and stronger.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    That isn't really a solution.
    This gear isn't even good, by the time a login campaign/VW campaign comes around again I'll have no use for the gear except for some niche macro pieces.

An example:
    The +1 RDM boots are a nice nuking/enfeebling piece for someone new/returning. However, the cost is so high you might as well get someone to merc you higher tier gear which is cheaper and stronger.
    Well, sounds like you have a solution. Pay someone to merc items that are cheaper and stronger.

Really though, if there are zero items on the AH, why not shout for a few people to do VW with you? I mean, is there just no one on the server at all? You could make gil instead of spending it.

Heck, you could do VW for the items, sell them on the AH, and THEN pay someone to merc items that are better and stronger

People will still buy the relic upgrade materials because a lot of relic gear is used in macros.

I mean, I know it's not ideal but they needed to have a reason for people to do VW so that people can get empyrean weapons. So, that's why relic items use VW items. To help give extra incentive to do voidwatch.

And voidwatch is super easy - you can literally take anyone with any kind of gear - heck they don't even need to be 99 to contribute. Get some folks who are trying to get from 90 to 99, pop some monsters, get them levels and maybe some gil... use a few weakening items if you need to... a group of 4-6 players should have no problem hitting procs. And if you get bad luck with procs, just kill it and pop another RQ....

I mean I don't see a reason not to say, add the items to ambuscade list of stuff to buy - but even if they did I'd feel like just doing VW would be the better route.

I mean, isn't the point of the game to play it? So why not do content to get the items you need?
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 12-02-2016 at 07:39 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I moved to Asura from Fenrir and it was breath of fresh air, actual people around, shouts, and stuff on and selling fast on the AH.

I dont know why I didn't move from such a dead server sooner. Much better gaming experience.
    (2)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It was a comparison, it's silly that you can get a much stronger item for potentially less gil than relic reforged because the materials required for them are from content NO ONE does and are highly inaccessible to players because of the lights system.

You're not really going to get the VW drops without finding people to come proc for you, which isn't something that actually happens without them being close friends or mules. VW's drop system was designed around doing them with an 18 person alliance and their drop rates on items(and the lights system) shows this very well.

It's also painfully boring to sit there and try to proc something that dies in 1 or two weapon skills in high tier gear.

The entire point is, relic +1's materials are extremely inaccessible and from content no one does, as well as not being farmable(unles a campaign is going on, which are bad design in themselves) and the materials required or their form(s) of obtainable them need to be re-evaluated to fit the current state of the game.

It's that or completely redesign VW to fit the current state of the game - small lowman groups. Don't keep a form of content(and make it drop items required for other stuff you might and probably do need on certain jobs) in the game that's designed around 18 man alliances while the rest of the entire game isn't. It makes no sense and is just frustrating to try to get items from that content if you do happen to(painfully) need items from it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-02-2016 at 07:51 AM.

okay, cause any time I've shouted for voidwatch I've gotten a few people pretty quick... so that is not my experience. Maybe you should consider switching to a more active server.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That also isn't a solution, costs money, and isn't a place I want to be.
    It also doesn't fix the problem of "proccing things that die in 1-2 ws that pose no challenge isn't fun".

I have not tried shouting, but VW materials are not really accessible. Have you actually done VW and tried to farm the drops? I did VW back in the day, and you didn't exactly easily farm anything that dropped from them, you're talking 100+ kills to get a single material for a single reforge +1 piece.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-02-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Is it really that bad? I came back to FFXI early last year, after quitting in early 2013, I remember farming VW for the relic upgrade gear on DRG and being able to proc, I don't think i had much in the way of ilvl gear and can't remember struggling too much to get drops solo. Chapters were more of a problem for me back then...

Maybe it was the lack of ilvl gear that helped, as the fights certainly lasted longer than 1 or 2 weapon skills (I remember doing voidwrought, pil, akvan, hahava and celaeno for sure).

But, you are right, it is outdated content, so maybe they could increase the drop rate a smidge
    (1)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast