Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post

Also not sure why you said "campaigns aren't going away" then stated you agree they're trash.
    Because I live in reality. You can complain about something that will never happen or you can deal with it and ask for it to be adjusted in ways that it becomes less intrusive and flows with the game better. Devs are never going to remove content, especially something like campaigns.

Most people are not going to bother with Walk of Echoes (Welp), they'd rather wait for a campaign. It's the same principle as CP, you can CP during non campaigns (I do it myself!), but the amount of people interested into it compared to the people that feel like "they are wasting time, better just wait for campaign" is far less.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Weekly rotating campaigns are a big improvement, I agree.
    (0)

Greetings,

Thanks for the feedback about the materials needed from Voidwatch to upgrade relic armor to item level 119.

To start, I’d like to share the development team’s thought process about item drops from battle content. Essentially, obtaining rewards is split into two different categories: shared rewards that you lot on with other party members and personal loot drops. Voidwatch, as many of you are all aware, falls into the latter category. In the former situation, you could be lotting against 17 other people when an item drops, and personal rewards have been balanced the way they are at the moment since you do not need to worry about losing the item because of a roll. There is also a possibility that all members of an alliance can obtain the same item at the same time. Therefore, increasing the drop rate of these materials could potentially flood the market.

Considering the stats on the upgraded relic gear, the development team feels there is proper balance and think that addressing the drop rates directly would be difficult to accomplish without disturbing this balance.

With that said, however, they have made Voidwatch much more accessible for solo players/low-man groups and removed a lot of the hurdles for participating in this content. While many players have chosen to focus on Voidwatch only during campaign periods due to the light alignment boosts, it’s possible to farm these materials by using just a single cell, and we encourage you to use these if you are finding that there are no materials on the auction house.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's always funny to hear them talk about "balance" when it's quite clear there is nothing even close to resembling balance.

To say that relic 119 is so good that it should be harder* to get is eyerollingly ridiculous.
    (5)

Camate,

The devs need to realize VW is no longer fun in any way, and is merely a chore. Outside of campaigns, and even during, this is left to RNG.

Unlike most events, a single person can go several hours in VW and get no or little progress.

I once soloed 60 Qilins, during campaign, and got 18 total HMP from two pouches.
    (10)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Camate,

The devs need to realize VW is no longer fun in any way, and is merely a chore. Outside of campaigns, and even during, this is left to RNG.

Unlike most events, a single person can go several hours in VW and get no or little progress.

I once soloed 60 Qilins, during campaign, and got 18 total HMP from two pouches.

This is exactly the issue right here - no one does this content in alliances and in huge amounts anymore. Especially outside of campaign.
    The devs need to realize it is dated content. :[
    I don't understand any balance issues from having more players in 119 Relic armor. Anyone else?
    (1)

Player
    What damage could there be if the upgrade materials DID flood the market? As others have said, their primary use nowadays is being consumed in the reforging process which awards r/ex equipment. Would it really be a bad thing for reforged relic 119 armor to be more accessible to the playerbase? I'm rather curious about what the dev team's perceived risks would be in making a change to the drop rates. Is the decision based solely on the items' usefulness in the relic reforging process, or are the handful of synergy recipes (for non-ilvl gear) that also use the reforging items also being weighed in? As someone w/ capped synergy on 2x characters, I have absolutely no objections to any increases in reforging item availability, as the affected recipes are all loss synths of obsolete gear to begin with. ^^

Also, to be clear, we are only asking for increases in the drop rate / availability of the following specifically named items:

Voidwrought Plate / Kaggen's Cuticle / Akvan's Pennon / Pil's Tuille / Hahava's Mail / Celaeno's Cloth

As a 110+ leathercrafter, I would LOVE it if you increased drop rates on still-otherwise-relevant drops like Sealord Skin, but that is not what we are asking for in this thread. Just in case there was a minor miscommunication about the subject and items similar to the skin were being included in the decision. If they were, please reconsider this request but for only the items named above.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

The main problem is, while not a "problem" by general definition is regardless of what players perceive, game balance is seen completely differently from the eyes of the ones actually running it and maintaining it.

For example if us players have our way and what we feel is "balanced", everything would be handed to us, we'd have everything done within 3 hours of glameplay and there would be no need to ever create new content ever again because, well, for "balance" we'd want the market flooded with everything we want or need, so if there's a surplus of everything..why even bother making new content or adjusting any content ever again?

For the developers and realistically as common sense dictates, you don't want to flood a game with high tier items (insert your own personal opinion) or change the progression path too significantly, something that XIV suffers from and people are very vocal about for a reason. So yeah it sucks there's a limit on the items due to player population, but whether it has a monetary value or not, you'd still be flooding the game with more items than anticpated.

Believe it or not, developers of MMOs actually have a "set amount" of items they want to get introduced and circulated over x period of time. So while we as players want it and want it now, there does indeed have to be a balance in that regard, whether we like it or not. That's why they tend to nerf or buff drop rates, not to mess with us but because it's either too fast or slow based around their outline. VW is definitely outdated and still heavily RNG, but at this point in time, if they just outright buff drops, there's still monetary value to some of the drops, even more so with how low the player population is, so economy is always a concern developers have which again, whether or not we like it..is a thing.

The most I can see done is introducing the items in other content overtime, but not to a 'flood the market' amount.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

The flipside is that the devs they call 119 reforged powerful and it no longer is. If relic comes to Omen, okay, but relic is nice for the ability enhancement mostly.

So relic reforged will be a step towards powerful gear that in its final form will be difficult/expensive/tedious to obtain. Easing the lower accessibility does no harm.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    The main problem is, while not a "problem" by general definition is regardless of what players perceive, game balance is seen completely differently from the eyes of the ones actually running it and maintaining it.

For example if us players have our way and what we feel is "balanced", everything would be handed to us, we'd have everything done within 3 hours of glameplay and there would be no need to ever create new content ever again because, well, for "balance" we'd want the market flooded with everything we want or need, so if there's a surplus of everything..why even bother making new content or adjusting any content ever again?

For the developers and realistically as common sense dictates, you don't want to flood a game with high tier items (insert your own personal opinion) or change the progression path too significantly, something that XIV suffers from and people are very vocal about for a reason. So yeah it sucks there's a limit on the items due to player population, but whether it has a monetary value or not, you'd still be flooding the game with more items than anticpated.

Believe it or not, developers of MMOs actually have a "set amount" of items they want to get introduced and circulated over x period of time. So while we as players want it and want it now, there does indeed have to be a balance in that regard, whether we like it or not. That's why they tend to nerf or buff drop rates, not to mess with us but because it's either too fast or slow based around their outline. VW is definitely outdated and still heavily RNG, but at this point in time, if they just outright buff drops, there's still monetary value to some of the drops, even more so with how low the player population is, so economy is always a concern developers have which again, whether or not we like it..is a thing.

The most I can see done is introducing the items in other content overtime, but not to a 'flood the market' amount.
    I, as a player, would not want the situation you are proposing, which would be a non-balance game world. There is a vast difference between requesting an easing in the difficulty of a required process compared to nerfing the game wholesale. I don't think anyone here's asked for the items to be put on NPC vendors for cheap... We don't want zero-difficulty content, only an adjustment to reduce frustration levels caused by miniscule drop rates.

The only monetary value for the directly related drops are connected to the reforging process. There is no current crafting value in the upgrade items since the synergy recipes they are used for produce obsolete non-ilvl equipment. There should be no harm done if the drop rates were increased for the upgrade items only which would bring the benefit of aiding newer/returning players in getting their required macro pieces more easily.

I understand that the devs have different target numbers when it comes to content, but when you are talking about rather old content that is being repurposed for newer uses, those target numbers should be re-examined to make sure that they should or should not be adjusted. That is a standard part of development/maintenance for this type of game after all.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-08-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast