Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Devs still balancing drops around the idea that some content you can get more drops doing with 18 people vs lotting against 17.... ha cmon most new content either is pt only or punishes you severely for bringing more people and most old content people gunna solo anyways. You guys looking thru the rose tinted goggles of yesteryear where huge lss with tons of extra bodies were everywhere
    (1)

After doing these fights for a few days with the Rubicund and Cobalt Cells, I have to say that this isn't enough.
    My set-up was: SMN/SCH with August, Iroha II, Shantotto II, Apururu, and Koru-Moru
    24 against Kaggen without using the cluster to weaken him: I managed to trigger his weaknesses on a few fights with being lucky that my Spirit or I had the Black Magic, it happened to be an Avatar BP, Provoke, or Flash. Even on my best of fights I managed to get 1 Heavy Metal Plate, not even the item I wanted. On a few Fights August got taken out because I was trying to wait on my Spirit to cast something. There needs to be something more than those cells or having to wait for a campaign to get these items. And that's not even counting the fact that some NMs are completely immune to certain triggers, at least in Abyssea you could set the window to avoid those.

I stand by my original ideas of a VW/Abyssea BLM to trigger Weakness, Allow for swapping of Trusts, add the BRD Triggers songs to Ulmia, add all the trusts WS to the trigger list, and allow the /fume command to be used by ANYONE on that enmity lift. It not about winning it's about hitting those weaknesses. I can easily wipe the floor just about any Mob without using those clusters, but that's not going to get me anything.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 01-10-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    After doing these fights for a few days with the Rubicund and Cobalt Cells, I have to say that this isn't enough.
    My set-up was: SMN/SCH with August, Iroha II, Shantotto II, Apururu, and Koru-Moru
    24 against Kaggen without using the cluster to weaken him: I managed to trigger his weaknesses on a few fights with being lucky that my Spirit or I had the Black Magic, it happened to be an Avatar BP, Provoke, or Flash. Even on my best of fights I managed to get 1 Heavy Metal Plate, not even the item I wanted. On a few Fights August got taken out because I was trying to wait on my Spirit to cast something. There needs to be something more than those cells or having to wait for a campaign to get these items. And that's not even counting the fact that some NMs are completely immune to certain triggers, at least in Abyssea you could set the window to avoid those.

I stand by my original ideas of a VW/Abyssea BLM to trigger Weakness, Allow for swapping of Trusts, add the BRD Triggers songs to Ulmia, add all the trusts WS to the trigger list, and allow the /fume command to be used by ANYONE on that enmity lift. It not about winning it's about hitting those weaknesses. I can easily wipe the floor just about any Mob without using those clusters, but that's not going to get me anything.
    Exactly - even with cells the drop rate is horrendous.

However, I will note this: they did an adjustment awhile back where trusts will do the same emote the player does. So, if you use /fume, every other trust will also use /fume. I think that is a possible correction they added for weakness changing?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    Exactly - even with cells the drop rate is horrendous.

However, I will note this: they did an adjustment awhile back where trusts will do the same emote the player does. So, if you use /fume, every other trust will also use /fume. I think that is a possible correction they added for weakness changing?

I've not seen them use the emote when I did /fume but if that's the case, that would be an amazing thing

Edit: I just went outside and did a test. Indeed, some of the trusts do mimic the /fume emote... The problem - August, Gessho, and Mnejing do not. I'll try to see if I can do Kaggen again with Amchuchu and see if that works, but there definitely needs to be changed to have all the trusts be able to /fume then.

Edit 2: So Far - August, Gessho, Mnejing, AAEV, Cid, Aldo, Prishe (II), Maat, Tenzen(II), Selh'teus, Nashmeira (II), Luzaf, Excenmille [S], Lehko, Lilisette (II), Ingrid II, Balamor, Chacharoon, Darrcuiln, Morimar, Teodor, AAGK, Abenzio, Babban, Gilgamesh, Lion, Iroha, Fablinix, Shantotto II, Ovjang, Rosulatia, Mumor II, Ullegore, King of Hearts, Ulmia, Arciela (II), And All the Geo-Trusts can't use /fume at all

Edit 3: Just fought Kaggen again - Amchuchu as the tank, I used /fume while engaged and Disengaged and couldn't get the weaknesses to shift. Trusts can't trigger that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 01-11-2017 at 03:36 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I've not seen them use the emote when I did /fume but if that's the case, that would be an amazing thing

Edit: I just went outside and did a test. Indeed, some of the trusts do mimic the /fume emote... The problem - August, Gessho, and Mnejing do not. I'll try to see if I can do Kaggen again with Amchuchu and see if that works, but there definitely needs to be changed to have all the trusts be able to /fume then.

Edit 2: So Far - August, Gessho, Mnejing, AAEV, Cid, Aldo, Prishe (II), Maat, Tenzen(II), Selh'teus, Nashmeira (II), Luzaf, Excenmille [S], Lehko, Lilisette (II), Ingrid II, Balamor, Chacharoon, Darrcuiln, Morimar, Teodor, AAGK, Abenzio, Babban, Gilgamesh, Lion, Iroha, Fablinix, Shantotto II, Ovjang, Rosulatia, Mumor II, Ullegore, King of Hearts, Ulmia, Arciela (II), And All the Geo-Trusts can't use /fume at all

Edit 3: Just fought Kaggen again - Amchuchu as the tank, I used /fume while engaged and Disengaged and couldn't get the weaknesses to shift. Trusts can't trigger that.
    So basically unique character models can't /emote
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Just checking to cover bases, but you waited 5 minutes to /fume right? I also thought they had added something to allow us to /fume even if trusts were holding hate.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Just checking to cover bases, but you waited 5 minutes to /fume right? I also thought they had added something to allow us to /fume even if trusts were holding hate.
    Rhapsody in Mauve dropped it to 30 seconds.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Rhapsody in Mauve dropped it to 30 seconds.
    Wow, if I knew that then I must have forgotten. Thanks.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    So basically unique character models can't /emote
    Some. Ingrid/Shantotto/Mumor 1 can Fume, but their 2 forms can't. Joachim can fume but Ulmia. Which would make since since she doesn't take offensive actions, but Koru/Cherukiki can do it. What about Trion and Excenmille Adult - they're unique and can do it. Apururu can even do it and she's a UC Trust. It just seems to be weird that so many can but others can't.

There's so many things that can be done to fix this, but it doesn't seem to be on their radar
    (0)

Player
    Even if you manage to get a trust to /fume, they don't seem to count towards the weakness reset. -_-;; I'm still trying to figure out what the point was of updating the system last year so they would copy your emotes because of this.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast