World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Experience Bug?

Date and time: 11/30, since 3pm Brazilian time
    Character name : Ryuc
    Locations: Escha Zi'tah, Buburima, Crawler's nest

I leveled my BLM from 43-50 earlier today in Escha Zi on the worms right near the entrance of the zone. I warped to Jeuno, switched to my level 43 RDM, hopped on the crystal tele back to Quifim and went straight back into Escha Zi to do it again. I started killing the IT worms, just as I had with my BLM, and I was only receiving 880~ exp per kill.
    This was my sixth job in the last few days I was fighting from 43-50 in Escha Zi with, and for each and every one I was getting far more exp than that. I haven't used any exp rings today on either my BLM or RDM, yet the exp was far lower on my RDM. I switched zones to Crawler's nest to try there and it was the same thing. Not sure why the exp took such a huge nose dive, but I was averaging in the 1700-2200 exp range for first chain kill IT mobs...and now it's stuck under 1000.

I went to check the exp rates on my 18 BST, and it seemed weird there, too. I was in Buburimu peninsula getting around 880 exp for Tough mobs as well as Incredibly Tough ones.

I hadn't used rings at all today. I think I have four of the 30% RoV buffs total.

I hope I didn't miss something obvious, but I searched online for any potential outside variables and couldn't really find any reason for why Tough and IT mobs would give same exp rates...seemed to cap my exp really low, too. Chain 5 was only 1200 exp or so on a VT..

thanks!
    Ryuc
    (1)

The exp campaign ended as of 11/30. I believe the drop you're experiencing is the expiration of this campaign.
    (1)

Character
    Ryuc
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    The exp campaign ended as of 11/30. I believe the drop you're experiencing is the expiration of this campaign.
    Yeah that's probably what it was. Just unlucky timing I suppose, since I had taken maybe two minutes total inbetween leveling the BLM to leveling the RDM. Seemed like a strange time in the middle of the day, too, but that could just be the time zone I'm in

Thanks for the reply
    (0)