Player

Chocobo Digging: Can we please SEE the stat?

Especially with stuff like December's double digging campaign, and the dev time spent adding dig loot to zones along whenever they add an area that mounts can be used in, isn't it about time that "Chocobo Digging Skill" be added to the character crafting skills window?

It's definitely a "skill", and definitely tracked by the system already, so why hasn't it been made visible already? The inability to SEE your own progress is probably one of the big turn-offs from doing it for a lot of players.
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The inability to SEE your own progress is probably one of the big turn-offs from doing it for a lot of players.
    This. I want to see the stat. Though I remember someone posting, many years ago, about a glitch when zoning that lets you see it. Off I go to find it!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    This. I want to see the stat. Though I remember someone posting, many years ago, about a glitch when zoning that lets you see it. Off I go to find it!
    The glitch was that if you checked your skills as soon as you zoned into your Mog House, before you were done loading in, you could see it listed. They already patched it long, long ago so that it wouldn't do that anymore..

I've never understood why it was hidden in the first place.
    (4)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I would also like to know if any "enhances skillup rate" gear has any effect on Chocobo Digging skillups.

It's clear that Sky Blue Racing Silks do this, but the many items all have the potential to interact with Chocobo Digging secretly and we would never know.

Also I would love to see clarification on exactly what the equipment "Chocobo Rope" does.

It's help text only says "Slightly raises Chocobo Digging skill"
    (2)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I was just thinking about all this, I even found an old guide that mentions hidden test items you need to dig up, is that all still accurate? can't even check your skill based on delay with this event so dont know if you need to go find the test item or not...
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Because the event removes the dig area delay, how are we supposed to i know if we've leveled up? The way to test before was the area delay, since it is 0 at the moment there is no way to tell. Wiki lists there is hidden rankup items that must be dug up. http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/C..._Digging_Guide

Actually seeing the skill level like we do for other crafts would help.
    (0)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    OH. MY. GOD. Chocobo Digging is just SO obfuscated that I have no idea what I'm doing with it, and it's really discouraging. Yes, PLEASE let us at least SEE the stat.
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    SE keeps adding chocobo digging to limited time events, please let us see the status of our level, instead of having to test every time we zone for the area delay to estimate our level.
    (0)