Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
Don't forget pup!!! capped 87.5% pdt same for mdt with right frame and a bunch of bdt (not tested I think). Then bunches of mdb and regen. And weird alternative dmg mitigations attachments that factor separately like analyzer and steam jacket. Actually got it to where I could flat out eat quelling hammer from last months intense ambuscade while it was doing like 20k-30k to my normal non defensively geared characters. Granted they'd still die without overdrive or dawn mulsims and dmg was way lower with that setup but good way to get around things that are designed to definitely kill you.

Also run/pld af3 armors can be fun for 1 shot moves. Fun fact while taking dmg factors in things like dt/resist/sdt absorption doesn't

My favourite absorb was a Dynamis run during the Abyssea era, I believe we were getting to the tail end of Dynamis linkshells but I was utilising some PLD empyrean while tanking, a mob used Mijin Gakure at abnormally high HP, the whole alliance was either dead or heavily damaged but I absorbed it, actually just looked and I still have the screenshot I took of it on my ffxiah account. Not able to post it here though.