Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Item Levels 120+

Could we get any teasers as to how high SE is planning to push equipment item level at this time?

I am hearing from JP side that 119 is not the end - we should look forward to higher levels.

Just curious.
    (2)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's far to late to go up in ilvl after spending 4 full years at 119.

I wanted iIncrease 2 years ago. At this point I'd just literally die laughing if they made i129. Do you understand the volume of rage that would happen.

It'll be the best day ever if the announce it, there isn't enough popcorn on earth.

((yes, I was there from the release. the 75> 80+ jump wont compare. the 99 to igarbage wont compare. the shitstorm of trillions spent on reisen augs would be of biblical proportions.))
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 11-29-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Ilvl doesn't need to go up.
    Unless you want to wait 5 years for there to be an actual amount of content to do in that new ilvl.
    (1)

Never say never! It could happen. Hey, I remember when people said we will never go past 75, get BLU, or even get a new expansion pack, but it all happened.
    (1)

Player
    If you compare stats, we basically already have higher than 119 ilvl stuff. There are 3-4 distinct tiers of 119 weapons (compare the skill+ numbers) but all tagged "ilvl 119". I wouldn't be surprised if they just retagged stuff to reflect their actual stats.. but then again, we'd probably see in the patch notes:

Item level equipment now reflect their effective ilvl.
    * Player level is still capped at 99 and ilvl at 119 for combat purposes.

<,<;;
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I could see them holding off just to avoid the headache of dealing with the few things that actually care about ilvl directly. Plus if they do armor then they'd have to do weapons and ammo and that would cause all kinds of headaches
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Haha, I'm not saying I want it to happen guys, nor am I saying that it should.

I'm more or less asking for confirmation since friends on the JP side are telling me that SE has stated that it will be increased - just a matter of when.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    Haha, I'm not saying I want it to happen guys, nor am I saying that it should.

I'm more or less asking for confirmation since friends on the JP side are telling me that SE has stated that it will be increased - just a matter of when.
    I'm pretty sure they explicitly stated that they have no intention of raising the actual ilvl cap during the summer AMA on reddit. Plans could change, but we probably won't get even a hint out of the devs until dev cycle starts over in March/April. I could see them doing something along the lines of a cosmetic shift like I said above, but sincerely doubt we're going to see any sort of impact on combat.
    (0)

Player
    No thanks, high level raise it's the death of good itemization.

One of the best thing about FFXI, even today, it's the incredible amount of upgrade and side upgrade that make years of content viable.
    (2)

Item levels were a mistake. Abolish item levels!
    (3)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast