Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    To be honest, I can't understand what SE's issue with showing accurate ilvl. So what if trusts get a little more powerful.

    Presently, melee trusts can't hit lower apex mobs, let alone anything remotely hard. Bards cast whatever they feel like and the healers run out of mp.
    My trusts hit crabs and bats in Dho with no problems, ever since the mob AGI:eva nerf a while back. Healers do fine as long as they have a source of refresh. Not due to cheer choice either because I'm using the trust:FC/macc one.. There are ways to work around trust issues for the most part. They might seem less efficient at first glance, but if what you are doing isn't working, then you might want to try out something different.

    The primary sticking point about raising the ilvl cap for the devs is most likely the issue of pDIF since each level a mob has over yours gives them eva+34. Since ilvl = player level as far as pDIF is concerned, any actual raise in the ilvl cap would lower acc req's significantly. If it was a mere 3 ilvl increase to 122, that would be 102 less accuracy you would need to cap against every single 119+ mob and NM. Increasing the cap to say, ilvl 129, would reduce acc req's by a whopping 340. ._.;;
    As a byproduct, it would also devalue existing gear since acc caps would be easier to reach and highest acc gear would be overkill / wasted stats for the min-maxers.
    ... That's why I'd expect any increased ilvls to be primarily cosmetic and actual ilvl to remain capped to 119.
    (0)

  2. #22
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    447
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The primary sticking point about raising the ilvl cap for the devs is most likely the issue of pDIF since each level a mob has over yours gives them eva+34. Since ilvl = player level as far as pDIF is concerned, any actual raise in the ilvl cap would lower acc req's significantly. If it was a mere 3 ilvl increase to 122, that would be 102 less accuracy you would need to cap against every single 119+ mob and NM. Increasing the cap to say, ilvl 129, would reduce acc req's by a whopping 340. ._.;;
    As a byproduct, it would also devalue existing gear since acc caps would be easier to reach and highest acc gear would be overkill / wasted stats for the min-maxers.
    ... That's why I'd expect any increased ilvls to be primarily cosmetic and actual ilvl to remain capped to 119.
    You are super mixing up terms here. pDif has nothing to do with evasion. One has to do with hit rate and one has to do with the dmg adjust from att/def ratio. I think you mean level correction which can effect both hit rate and pdif. And each additional level on the mob lowered your hit rate by 2 which was the equivalent to 4 evasion not 34 and not really adding to their evasion. Now mobs do gain a bit of straight evasion with their level as well but that's independent of level difference.

    And regardless they got rid of lvl correction except in older content which they halved. So on anything that matters just having a higher ilvl wont effect those things at all.

    Things that ilvl would actually effect:

    Trusts: Depending on how much this could be meh or as we saw the few days they were high level pretty awesome

    Pets: While not directly effected by your ilvl the base ilvl of wyerns and jugs are based on mainhand weapon and ammo/ranged for autos and avatars. While yes we are talking about af right now I really can't see them not including weapons just for completion and again because pets would be left out. This however leads to an issue. Pup and smn just got an semi expensive crafted piece 119 piece that made their pets stronger and completely invalidating it with a higher one would make much QQ

    Cure enmity: Cure enmity is based on level of the target and awhile back they adjusted to count ilvl. Raising ilvl would technically make cures give less enmity. However the effect is small/not completely mapped out because enmity is a joke these days.
    (0)

  3. #23
    Player Olor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    To be honest, I can't understand what SE's issue with showing accurate ilvl. So what if trusts get a little more powerful.

    Presently, melee trusts can't hit lower apex mobs, let alone anything remotely hard. Bards cast whatever they feel like and the healers run out of mp.
    I'd love to see my trust's levels rise a bit to match my own, better, gear... but... I don't see it happening. Wish it would though, then I might be able to solo myself a bit higher up the gear ladder.

    Melee trusts are completely useless currently.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

  4. #24
    Community Rep Camate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    With the announcement of further artifact reforging that is on the way with Omen in the December version update, it's natural to be curious whether or not the item level will be increased.
    As mentioned during the Reddit AMA, the development team is not planning to increase the item level cap past 119. They feel that even at item level 119, the equipment currently available, as well as equipment coming in the future, has a wide variety of options and power, which can be used as stepping stones for increasingly difficult content levels.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

  5. #25
    Player Vae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    244
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So basically, there's a 100% chance that we'll see ilvl 120+ cause nothing square has you say is ever correct.

    Just maybe not "this" set.
    (0)

  6. #26
    Player Shiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    705
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    With the announcement of further artifact reforging that is on the way with Omen in the December version update, it's natural to be curious whether or not the item level will be increased.
    As mentioned during the Reddit AMA, the development team is not planning to increase the item level cap past 119. They feel that even at item level 119, the equipment currently available, as well as equipment coming in the future, has a wide variety of options and power, which can be used as stepping stones for increasingly difficult content levels.
    Good news, thank you for the response.
    I enjoy no ilvl increase, I am glad the devs decided against using ilvl since it's a bad system.
    (0)

  7. #27
    Player Diavolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Melee trusts are completely useless currently.
    I wouldn't go that far. I tend to use Iroha II and/or AA GK for their ability to keep churning out SCs. Their damage isn't great, but the constant SCs ensure Shantotto II is able to burn mobs down quickly, so as long as whatever you're fighting isn't magic resistant they still serve their purpose.
    (1)

  8. #28
    Player Olor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. I tend to use Iroha II and/or AA GK for their ability to keep churning out SCs. Their damage isn't great, but the constant SCs ensure Shantotto II is able to burn mobs down quickly, so as long as whatever you're fighting isn't magic resistant they still serve their purpose.
    Good point, yes. They are still way weaker than they should be.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

  9. #29
    Player Vold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    891
    Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah I have to agree they are pretty weak. I know why that is but if you're gonna go 'in' on the NPC help idea, you may as well go all in. The game isn't getting any younger and I think we're at a point where players have made their choices to play with others or not.

    I guess I'm just tired of healer NPCs who waste MP but when you're in the red and they have MP, they suddenly twiddle their thumbs as if they're deep in tells talking the latest NPC dating drama or some damn thing...

    It's just the A.I. part of it all that I have complaints about. I don't mind the usual poor DD output. Bare minimum have NPCs plant themselves anywhere but right behind the trust tank and I'll shut up about trusts forever.

    All things considered, I don't see a problem with raising cap and trusts becoming stronger. SE is always going to do their adjustments if they don't like something. And a uh, say 10 level increase isn't going to suddenly make trusts amazing. They'll still run out of MP in under 5 minutes and they will still be made of paper to anything in what we call end game ._. It doesn't much matter whether they are 119 or 150. I'm certain they have nothing to do with SE keeping the cap at 119.
    (2)


    Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

  10. #30
    Player Vae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    244
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's interesting because even at ilvl 200 trust DD would/will still be garbage. They'd be durable enough to tank more than a wet paper-bag though.

    This thread really isn't about trusts though. but since it's going that way. Yeah, some BASIC AI improvements are REALLY warranted. The gambits from 12 would make trusts significantly more usable. The ability to turn off spells, would be absolutely phenomenal. And stacking up for breaths is ridiculous. Trusts need simple basic AI to simply move the hell away from the mages/tank.

    It's the lack of gear haste that make all dd trust completely unusable though. Yeah, people use them, and it's their sub money. But the reality is they're crap. Even the supports have unforgivable quirks. It's highly irritating to get ballads basically ANY time, being one of many examples.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast