Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Crafting as a Whole - Kits, Keys Items, and Gripes

Many have likely seen the push and pull in the general forums about my feelings with the current grounds of crafting.

I personally would like to see the crafting kits 70, 80, and 90 added with a hard cap at 100 for them. Giving people the option to progress where in some cases they can't, would be amazing.

As I've suggested, I feel that these kits also need to be tucked away behind the RoE, requiring the completion of Craft related quests to gain access to them. The reset timer could be JPM forcing people to not rest on their laurels if they want to continue that route.

I can't speak for other crafts because my main focus has been Cooking, but personally I find the region locking of certain food stuff also annoying. Most of the time, I can't grind enough in a region to maintain the control and the Northlands and most of the regions on Bastok's side often fall to Beastman's control.

Which brings me to my next item:
    Please add more items in general to the Monster Rearing section.
    As such: Derfland Pears can only be purchased if that region is controlled by players. A good solution is to add a Goobbue to the list of rearing mobs so that you can purchase the pear and others like it to the players and those that take the time to raise a monster.

But even then the Rearing Catalog should be expanded to help more crafts: Add Skeletons ( 1.) this could be horrifically funny if they made mini-Skeletons, 2.) It would give players something of the Macabre to add to their place.), Ghosts, Ruzors, etc. Include Beastmen like the Goblins (Which would make me happy because I could finally find those stupid Onions D:<) Lamia, Trolls, Gnoles, Imps. You could have a whole venue of things that could be included and the Beastmen could offer combo KIs for crafting like Woodworking and Bonecraft, or Smithing and Goldsmithing.

Maybe require the ability to unlock Beastmen raising is to raise a bunch of other combos of monsters like how Monstrosity requires you to combo things to unlock stronger Monsters.

These are just some of my ideas, and these can be retool or how ever to make them work.

Like I said, Cooking has been my craft and I can only speak second hand of peoples inability to get items, but I know I've been struggling for a long time to find things I wanted to make.

Also, I want to address the second part of crafting which is the harvesting part: There need to be something that can be done about the whole fatigue part of gathering materials. You don't face that problem when slaughtering enemies. I understand that bots were/are a problem, but there needs to be something to combat the fatigue if someone wants to have just a harvesting day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 11-29-2016 at 03:01 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Derfland Pears can only be purchased if that region is controlled by players.
    Simple solution is to grow them in your mog house. From 6-8 pots you can harvest stacks with ease.
    (0)

That's not really a solution, because you have no guarantee that they will be what pops out (Mind you some of the recipes do only have those pears, but I've no clue if those lists are actually complete or not) and if you have a certain Mogification too many pots will shift it if you have them on the bottom floor. Plus, what if you can't login for a time? All your hard work is lost because they'll die. I mean, I'm about to go out of town for a week, and no clue if the Wi-fi at my hotel is gonna be enough to let me actually play this. >_>; And let's be honest, who really wants to add more clutter to an already filled inventory with pots?
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 11-29-2016 at 02:50 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    I'll leave the kits alone for now XD

Mog Garden though... It doesn't really make much sense to be able to raise beastmen of any sort. We already have a cactuar though, so goobue shouldn't be a problem. ^^ I'm all for adding to the list of raise-able critters in general. I was quite sad that we don't get tigers, birds (of any sort), bats, vermin, etc.. There are still tons of families that haven't been touched and no reason not to continue adding that we have been made aware of as far as I know.

There are also a few low level items that are really only relevant for MG, and should be made available somehow.. Like Revival Roots -_-;; Or lower the requirements to get the upgrade KIs for furrows... 512 harvests for rank7 is exceedingly brutal, especially compared to the way the rest of the garden works. If you don't know that you should be growing fast growing trash and harvesting once per day along with the rest of your garden, then you are looking at what.. about 6 months? A year? There are no warnings or explanations in-game that furrows work differently in practice than the other nodes, so the majority of players who are "doing it wrong" don't have any reason to know otherwise.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 11-29-2016 at 01:24 PM.

I just think crafting should be such that anyone can get to 100 without a whole lot of nonsense at this point in the game's life. Honestly you shouldn't need to rear a specific monster or anything. It's irritating and boring enough to craft as it is without travelling to multiple cities to get ingredients for crafting recipes that result in an item with zero profitability.

Crafting always kind of sucked but it's just ludicrous now in terms of the grindy pointlessness of leveling it. Yes, you can benefit once you've gone through that gauntlet of awfulness, but not enough to make the grind worth it really, especially when you can more easily make money farming currencies etc.

Some crafts, yes, you can make a ton of gil, but the time to grind them up... *shrugs* rather claw my own eyes out I think.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 11-29-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

I totally just want to see a baby Gnole or even a Soulflayer Not to mention that you could have the Beastmen be like a Boon to the garden with each having a special talent for one of the harvesting point. Like if you raise a baby Goblin to a Moblin you can use it's talent to get higher tier items from mining that had to do with Goldsmithing, or Raising a Yagudo would focus on harvesting from the ground instead of logging. As it stands you're basically raising Chacharoon though story elements and you have Susuroon and other NPC come work for you. But allowing them to be raised can also open an avenue of KIs that could allow for other items to be purchased, such as the Wild Onions, Goblin Masks, Poison Flour, etc from the Goblins or The Merrow scales or Lamia Skin from raising a Lamiae. Each Beastmen has some type of item that is related to one craft or another. The Lamiae drop Chimera Blood which is used in Elixir Vitae a level 88 Alchemy item, likewise the Imps also drop their wings for the exact same item.
    (1)

I'm fine with crafting as it is now, minus the kupo shield gutting markets (which may be fixed by upcoming crafting 'relic'). Kits should be usable up to 70 cap, so level 60 compatible, at the most imo.

Warning, personal opinion:
    Part of the fun of crafting for me was hunting down mats, ge
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    And I don't mind that either, but sometime you have limited time and can't go on an 8-10hr hunt for a low dropping item for leveling up your craft or don't have the other skills to harvest or fish for the things you need. I'm trying to express an outlet that can give people the most amount of options possible. It takes time to raise a monster as well, but at least you know that if you only had an hour; you could come feed it and interact with it and know that you at least made some type of progress.

Most people seem dead set against the prospects of adding kits, which is fine. It's in the same vain that I felt that Trusts were unneeded in Dynamis and Abyssea. SE still added them and gave people the choice to use them or not.

Giving more rearing mobs give people the chance to get items more quickly to make things they want, and kits give people the chance to plow through things if they feel that crafting is far too boring. When it boils down to it, this is a game and no one should have to feel upset or grieved. They're a point of relaxation and to remove stress. We want crafters, we need them to make some of the better items in the game. So, what does it matter if it took them less time to get to the same level of crafting that you and I have? We can take pride that we did it the long way, much like people did with the Promyvion clear, level capped fights, etc. It doesn't invalidate the achievements you've made.

Or even take it a step further: Make it so a crafting kit 70, 80, or 90 could sub in for an ingredient that's missing, but keeps the properties of the previous kits to make HQing items impossible. There's so many brilliant people that play this game, I know there has to be more idea that could fill a vault.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 11-29-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    I'm fine with crafting as it is now, minus the kupo shield gutting markets (which may be fixed by upcoming crafting 'relic'). Kits should be usable up to 70 cap, so level 60 compatible, at the most imo.

I fully expect the relic shield to impact the current market far more than what a handful (at most) of characters with a Kupo Shield were able to accomplish. The way the devs were talking in the FP.. I'm personally quite certain that it will be an "absolute" upgrade to Kupo Shield. "Strictly Better Stats" = More impact on what HQs will be possible = More impact on the market.
    At least it is going to be a supreme PITA so you won't have to worry about the market crashing while we all grind our shields out ^^;;
    (0)

I'd still like to see something done about crafting as well as harvesting fatigue. There shouldn't be any reason I can't harvest things all day if I want to.

I check frequently for the Cheval Salmon and the Gugru Tuna for the sublime sushi, but they aren't there in most cases. But today, I thought I'd try to get a few guild points to get my missing KIs, and they're asking for the Salmon Croupe.... Which requires the Cheval Salmon. So even if I wanted to just fish, my limit is 200. It's just frustrating I can't get or do what I want with crafting. The system is very much out of touch, get rid of fatigue.

Fishing should also get a chance for skilling with how fast you input the commands while playing the mini-game.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast