Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    My point is that I wasn't even aiming for an actual fish and it was still miserable. Items such as "Norg Shell" which are directly related to quests and/or missions, should not be that painful to acquire.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    My point is that I wasn't even aiming for an actual fish and it was still miserable. Items such as "Norg Shell" which are directly related to quests and/or missions, should not be that painful to acquire.
    They usually aren't, but I'm with you on that one. There are still quests/items and other trivial aspects of the game that can use some minor quality of life type adjustments to better reflect the times.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    They were fishing in SSG.

Certain items cause a LOT of fatigue in there, because of all the RMT bots that used to flood Coral Frags on the market.
    I don't recall specific items or types of fish causing more fatigue than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Was your mule less than 2 weeks old and below level 20? If so that fatigue is working as intended. Obviously that restriction was put in place during a time when botting was a lot more profitable so it really has no reason to exist anymore. Maybe your gripe has to do with fishing fatigue and not about the quest?

Now, if your mule was level 20 then I sympathize. I still think that you should be able to hit 200 fish per day if you meet the proper requirements but I haven't fished since Dipper Yuly was a thing.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I don't recall specific items or types of fish causing more fatigue than others.

Was your mule less than 2 weeks old and below level 20? If so that fatigue is working as intended. Obviously that restriction was put in place during a time when botting was a lot more profitable so it really has no reason to exist anymore. Maybe your gripe has to do with fishing fatigue and not about the quest?

Now, if your mule was level 20 then I sympathize. I still think that you should be able to hit 200 fish per day if you meet the proper requirements but I haven't fished since Dipper Yuly was a thing.
    My mule was 99DRG (118ilvl) and around 9 months old. ^^ So that explanation doesn't apply. I know that it's almost assuredly related to my skill starting at 0 when the zone has a higher skill cap, but still ><;; "Junk" should be EASIER to get than "fish".. Junk doesn't try to throw off your hook after all. lol The only other thing I can think of would be if there was a catch limit based on location and I was just hitting that wall, but I've never heard of having to rotate fishing spots while targeting the same fish. :/
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    because for some reason, they wanted Bonecrafting to be absolutely ridiculous to levelup.
    I'm pretty sure they just didn't want people to make money from fishing as it was easily exploitable. The bonecraft thing was just a coincidence.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    I'm pretty sure they just didn't want people to make money from fishing as it was easily exploitable. The bonecraft thing was just a coincidence.
    Well, see, there's a complete lack of viable items (or was at the time) around that level.

If Bonecrafting wasn't the target, then why were there no reasonable skillup recipes 80-100?

Half of them take Coral Fragments, and the other half takes junk from other crafts that are not easy or cheap to get (Darksteel, etc).

It is still somewhat annoying, because it takes hours of farming Wivres to get anywhere Lv80+. And even then, you hit ANOTHER wall when you need Raaz Tusks (not hard to get, but the mobs hurt) or Aht Urhgan Brass (lol).

And then, after that, have fun with those dragon talons... things that ONLY come off of NMs, BCNM, or rarely out of the Mog Garden.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3