Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    If you go thf, you get unlimited hints with keys, you can open any and all boxes 100% of the time, with some effort, so don't count on any change.
    I thought keys sometimes failed and wasted a chance.

Edit: wiki half agrees with fails

Quote Originally Posted by ffxiclopedia
    Multiple tools may be used, however there is a low rate of success after the first.
    Source
    (1)
    Last edited by Catmato; 12-01-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The mini-game isnt hard at all, I rarely cant open a chest. Feels unnecessary to make it easier.
    (1)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Player
    Wait, are we talking about chests that drop from normal mobs while exping or dungeon caskets?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    Wait, are we talking about chests that drop from normal mobs while exping or dungeon caskets?
    You can only get the KI gear from the brown chests you have to unlock, in the old school areas.
    (0)

Considering chests and coffers in dungeons don't give hints, it should be safe to assume we're talking about treasure caskets that drop from mobs.
    (0)

Player
    GoV/FoV boxes. The ones with a sometimes impossible hint system. Hints like "last digit is 7" followed immediately by "last digit is odd." ><;;

I believe that adjusting the algorithm to eliminate sequences like my example is all that the OP (and myself) are asking for.
    (0)

Player
    I understand the system a bit better now.
    But that's the point. Sometimes the hints just aren't there.
    But when i know that the first number is either 7, 8 or 9, then i don't need another hint,
    that tell me, the combination is greater than 70. That counts for almost all of the combo.
    The system just needs a little overhaul. Some little intelligent, to just not give out the unuseful hints. :/
    And why the hell can't i glean any information sometimes? That option is just unnecessary.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Some boxes should require guessing.

If every clue was progressively useful, you would never need more than 3. That makes it uninteresting... You need to be able to fail once in a while.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Some boxes should require guessing.

If every clue was progressively useful, you would never need more than 3. That makes it uninteresting... You need to be able to fail once in a while.
    "Once in awhile". lol.

It seems that every stupid chest in Sky only gives you 4 chances, and 3 hints are not enough when you almost always get redundant hints, which wastes one of your precious chances.

Nearly every chest will do something like this:

"Second digit is 4, 5, or 6."
    "Second digit is even."
    "The combination is 70+."

Uh, okay, I've got a 1-in-6 chance of guessing it. nice.

Or my personal favorite:

"One of the digits is 6."
    "The second digit is 6, 7, or 8."
    "The first digit is even."

Okay, that could be 66, 67, 68, 26, 46, or 86. But with 4 chances, I only get 1 guess.

Now, if the Sky chests gave 6 like other areas' chests do... well that would be different.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 01-22-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There's tricks to it, usually when they give you shit clues like that, its a double number. IE 66.

Whenever it's possible, you think you got a redundant clue "one of them is 6" and then "the second digit is" the first clue was the first number. Not foolproof, but again, with 3 progressive clues it would be impossible to fail. Can't have that.

Put in a little effort for your item.

(ive gotten every single chest item in the game, twice, every torque, every skill+ even the gear that used to be useful)

You can also flat out guess and when you guess, you get a "free" clue with your guess. If possible clues haven't narrowed your field sufficiently, throw out a random "54" and you'll get that field cut in half "high or lower than 54". Sometimes this is the better mathematical option than a clue.

Also, as previously stated, when you go on THF you get 1 additional clue 100% of the time. And additional clues if you're desperate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Domille; 01-22-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast