Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

urgendly needed Reform of the chest picking game

I understand that chest picking for items like "Fisher's rope" and "Culinarian's torque" has to be a game. But if we have to guess number by ourselfs or calculators on the net, SE should atleast give us the chance to guess it down to 1 number 90% of the time.

I witness that the hunches/hints really often leave you a choice of more than 5 or 6 numbers. And compared to the rare drop chance of 4% of the items you/i aim for, this game model is so damn out of date. And really frustrating.

So if SE is wanting us to do events like this i beg them: Please reform this minigame. Make it common for us to find the right number.

Thank you!
    (4)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 11-28-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Player
    At the very least, remove 100% redundant hints from what's possible.. If I get "You have a feeling the second number is 6" then I should never see "You have a feeling the second number is even" right afterwards. -_-;;;
    (2)

That's part of the fun/intrigue. Yes, it can be painful, but given the power of the torques in particular, it makes sense.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    That's part of the fun/intrigue. Yes, it can be painful, but given the power of the torques in particular, it makes sense.
    Getting duplicate hints is in no way fun nor intriguing. Nothing out of the boxes is useful for combat these days, no reason not to give the math whizzes a break and remove the non-hints at least.
    (3)

Player
    Yes please, remove the double hints! SE shall implent an algorithm, that blocks hints or hunches, that don't help us towards the final correct number. The aim should be to help us player to open the lock. Not to kill our nerves.

It doesn't help when you get a range of numbers as a hint, but it's just the range of number you already know and it doesn't help you at all... .
    A useful addition would be, if you get "One of the digits is 5" and it's 55, that you get a hint, that both can be or are 5. On this hint you think that "only" 1 number can be 5.
    Also when you know its either 16 or 18, the hint "the second number is even", or "the first is odd" shouldn't appear.
    And they should remove: "You were unable to glean anything from anything from your examination of the lock." That's no support.

I hope this threat does help us on that matter.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 11-30-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If you go thf, you get unlimited hints with keys, you can open any and all boxes 100% of the time, with some effort, so don't count on any change.
    (0)

Player
    How many keys do you want to keep with you? How many do you want to synthesis, if you can, when the world support is low? Or what, if killing mobs with thief takes long than killing as a mage?
    I don't feel like targeting ever next mob, when doing a Stonega II helps as good. I have Thief since September 2004. But doing this with Red Mage is more efficient.
    And all i want is a fair system to help us open the lock. Why is that such a problem? And why do people support the old system? It is so outdated and everyknow knows it.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Because there are more important things. (we) already did it. now (you) get to suffer through it like (we) did. (You) get entitled to everything being easier. Priorities.
    (0)

Player
    Priorities... .
    If you use that as a killer instrument nothing will change and you can stop playing.
    Hallelujah.
    The fight versus extremism and against war has priority. Let's stop playing then! ^^*
    (2)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You just have to open enough chests to understand the mini game. I open quite literally 90% or more of my chests. Sometimes the hints just aren't there. Sometimes it comes down to learning how the system usually works which means alot of failures. Like for example, "first number is either 2,3,4" and "second is 7,8,9" well then in that case I go with 47 because I have learned that quite commonly the correct answer is going to be the last digit for first digit and the first digit for second digit. It might be 38, it might be 29. It depends on the other hints. In particular, the odd and even hints. Another example is after a hint or two I sometimes decide I have enough hints and start my guessing at the mid way point. My last hint was between 20 and 30 so I choose 25 and I get a higher hint, I go 29. Then 27. Then hit my mark at either 26 or 28 with two guesses left. It depends how many guesses I have. It's a gamble, but it usually pays off and I don't waste chances on useless hints. I could give a dozen examples but really it's just better to learn through experience. But I can say for certain that the chests I rarely fail to crack, all probably had the FRICKIN TORQUES I WANTED #%#@$^$%&
    (3)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast