Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should mules/additional characters still have a extra fee?

Hey all, I'm pretty sure what SE's stance on this probably is. However, I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the matter. How do you guys feel about SE still charging for additional characters at this state of the game? Is it something that you're okay with or do you feel like it's something that SE should drop? Also, what do you feel would be the pros and cons to dropping the extra fee?

As side note, this thread is simply for discussion only and in no way at the moment suggesting nor requesting SE to drop said fees.
    (0)

We got charged $2/month per additional mog wardrobe, no way I see them dropping the extra character fee.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Why would they drop a good source of income when people still buy them? That makes no sense. Especially for something that isn't really required and is optional.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    We got charged $2/month per additional mog wardrobe, no way I see them dropping the extra character fee.
    You got the option of paying $2.00 for it.
    (0)

Well it's pretty apparent and obvious that they're not going to drop it. This falls right into the same category as the cost to play the game.

The question was how do you feel about the additional fees of extra characters/content IDs.

For example: I would love it if they waived the fees.

Why?

Pros
    - This allows a player to freely have access to their mules without worrying if they can afford every single mule for that month.
    - To go along with the mentioned above, players won't find themselves in that oh crap moment when you need to grab a specific item they need from a mule, but couldn't afford to reactivate that particular mule/extra character for that month.

Now here's why even though I would love the idea, I think that it would be a bad thing.

Cons
    - As previously mentioned, waiving the costs of additional characters on an account would mean less money/profit for the game.
    - Even if they did waive the cost, there's a possibility that SE would lower the number of characters that we can have on one account.

Now I'm sure there's more, but that's the main few pros and cons I can think of. Again curious to see how the rest of the playerbase feels about the additional fees for extra characters. Especially when there are those of us who don't agree with still having to pay full price for the game nor for additional storage.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They're literally double dipping. And you know how many people pay more than the 12.95 the game costs? There's no way in hell they're going to give that up.

They're literally incentivize buying mules with the login campaign. You're literally buying gil when you buy mules:
    "For the low low price of $1 per mule account you get 5k login point which you can use to sell free items to the ah and get free gil!"

So all these people are paying 12.95 + $15 + 4$ to make virtual currency. They're never going to give that up.

Mules aren't even used for gear/items anymore, they exist to do logins and marbles and ah.

If you had 15 mules last month for ethereal squama, you made ~4m per account x15

You paid $15 to make ~60m gil.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 11-27-2016 at 11:41 PM.

The main current benefits are being able to have multiple max level crafts, and to be able to have more than 7 items on the AH at once. If they could ease those limitations, mules wouldn't be so useful.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Evogolist View Post
    - This allows a player to freely have access to their mules without worrying if they can afford every single mule for that month.
    If a player can't afford such a small amount per month then they should stop playing MMO's and spend the time addressing their life.
    (1)

Eh, would I like something for free that I currently pay for?

Yes I would.

Is it going to happen? No.

Would it be good for the game?

Probably not - as the less money the game makes the sooner it goes offline.

So is this something I'll be asking for? No.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    If they dropped the fees on additional characters, I would have four accounts instead of two. :x
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast