Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I don't feel confident enough in my gear yet to do VD groups. I've tried to do Difficult runs with other players but they always failed (and were hard to get people for). Often, even dropping down to Normal with other players was actually harder than just soloing N with trusts.

Maybe my gear is good enough, I don't know, it's hard to tell these days. I just don't want to ruin anyone's run by being a gimp.

I have mostly mid-high augmented taeon, some hard mode avatar and unity gear, and NQ ambuscade stuff. I have a couple escha T1 bits, a few abj gear ... but none of it gets me over 1000 base acc on any job.

I'd be over on a couple jobs if I could figure out how to make oboro let me augment my JSE weapons - but he won't (I am done RoV but he still won't)

So I generally solo E or N...
    Ah that makes a bit of a difference. Though with a group should still be able to do VD. Like every month outside of birds normal VD has been soloable on pup and I think bst has solod every months normal VD. The gear requirement for normal VD is rather low for group play. You don't really need super good gear in a group until doing harder difficulties of intense. And well the grind of E or N in normal will take forever. It was designed to be a semi reasonable grind at VD normal and not bad on intense. Don't think they expected people to try to go for hq gear on E lol.

That acc seems really low though I need to go back to check my melees since I'm usually on tank jobs or full tanking but most jug pets get up to 1k or pretty close with just shiromochi and no pet acc gear or jp plus most the most the moves get an accuracy bonus and then there is run wild... Might just want to come back to bst until you get better geared up other jobs. Have you not gotten any of the previous sets? Cause they offer kind of ridiculous amounts of acc... think my RUN in Meghanada is hitting around 1200
    (1)
    Last edited by Urmom; 12-03-2016 at 03:23 AM.

I have full NQ Meghanada but iirc some of the pieces have lower acc than my Taeon (I have some max/close to max ACC augments). The NQ is quite a step down from HQ. Besides iirc I needed more haste so I couldn't use full set.

I have to double check but my thf gets close to 1000, like 980 or something. I could probably get over 1K on thf if I rerolled a few augments but I got tired of the skirmish money pit awhile ago. I've got a grounded mantle +1 for thf and a fully augmented dex/acc Rosmerta cape for blu (minus the new aug slots they added)... I could use a better acc neck... but not sure where else I'm supposed to get acc from, have acc ammo, acc ring, acc on my belt.... etc

I can't see myself giving up my epona's ring for 10 acc or something...
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 12-03-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Olor: Just to be clear, you have already received JSE weapons from Oboro? The only issue you are having is augments, correct? Not a single JSE weapon has the augment status? What are the dialogues he gives you when you:
    1. Talk to him
    2. Trade a JSE weapon to him
    3. Trade a JSE weapon AND a single PBR rock to him

I ran into some aug issues on my alt, and took some random combination of the above in order to get him to do it... He seems to be quite picky about his interactions with players, and there may be some sort of non-obvious required interaction sequence in order to get things rolling. (Like talking to the NPC next to Monisette before Monisette will allow you to do armor reforges.)
    (0)

If you're going to reforge the AF stuff, can you please change that God awful stat of Convert DMG of Avatar's element to MP on the SMNs hands to something useful?

No SMN outside of soloing is ever going to put themselves in range to be hit by an attack of an Enemy and a SMN will try their best to use an avatar of the opposing element to take elemental weakness into account to lessen the DMG their avatar takes.

Make it something useful like...

Avatar: Occ. Absorbs Elemental DMG of Avatars type
    or
    Avatar: Occ. Annuls Element DMG of Opposing Type
    or
    Avatar: Occ. Converts Elemental DMG to TP.

ANYTHING but the crap that's on there now. I've always hated those stupid hands for that sole stat. And they are the only piece I've refused to reforge of the SMN's attire. 12/15 - 119, 2/15 - 109, 1/15 - Stored in moogle....
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 12-09-2016 at 11:10 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    If you're going to reforge the AF stuff, can you please change that God awful stat of Convert DMG of Avatar's element to MP on the SMNs hands to something useful?

No SMN outside of soloing is ever going to put themselves in range to be hit by an attack of an Enemy and a SMN will try there best to use an avatar of the opposing element to take elemental weakness into account to lessen the DMG their avatar takes.

Make it something useful like...

Avatar: Occ. Absorbs Elemental DMG of Avatars type
    or
    Avatar: Occ. Annuls Element DMG of Opposing Type
    or
    Avatar: Occ. Converts Elemental DMG to TP.

ANYTHING but the crap that's on there now. I've always hated those stupid hands for that sole stat. And they are the only piece I've refused to reforge of the SMN's attire. 12/15 - 119, 2/15 - 109, 1/15 - Stored in moogle....
    Keep your fingers crossed, we'll find out the stats on new reforges in a few days. XD
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Keep your fingers crossed, we'll find out the stats on new reforges in a few days. XD
    I can't think of many of the other AFs that needed a change, but hopefully if they do, they will. I recall the Moogle Trials changing a few stats of things when the relics were upgraded... but I might be thinking of something else, it's been a bit
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I can't think of many of the other AFs that needed a change, but hopefully if they do, they will. I recall the Moogle Trials changing a few stats of things when the relics were upgraded... but I might be thinking of something else, it's been a bit
    I don't think any of the Magian Trials actually change any stats, only augment options. Probably including the augs in your totals in memory XD

WAR AF119+2 was shown off in today's FP#30. Looks like higher stats, a few new ones added on, but nothing "unique" removed, so odds are good the SMN hands won't be getting a makeover. We'll know for sure in 3 days I guess.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    And there were definite actual stat changes in af2+1 -> af2+2. Then after there was the trial for augments. For example warrior gained. Head : 7 def, 2 dex, 8 str, 2 parry skill and removed the +1 enmity. Quick look at the war set and most the stats just increased with some minor complete adds like another base stat or some acc/att and then all the enmity was removed

I remember there was a big hubbub because blm legs actually lost their day bonus.

Speaking of smn going from relic+1 to +2 was pretty big at the time. Not listing everything (like all gained def and mp) but... head: extra -2 bp delay, gained avatar 5 mab, the weather clause in the -3 prep was removed. Body: extra -2 bp delay, the day clause in the -3 prep was removed, gained an extra 2 avatar crit hit rate. Hands: 3 more smning skill, extra -2 bp delay. Legs: extra -2 bp delay, avatar enmity changed to avatar macc. Feet: extra -2 bp delay, avatar enmity changed to magical crit hit rate

Think some of the enmity stats were removed for the af119+2
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    And there were definite actual stat changes in af2+1 -> af2+2. Then after there was the trial for augments. For example warrior gained. Head : 7 def, 2 dex, 8 str, 2 parry skill and removed the +1 enmity. Quick look at the war set and most the stats just increased with some minor complete adds like another base stat or some acc/att and then all the enmity was removed

I remember there was a big hubbub because blm legs actually lost their day bonus.

Speaking of smn going from relic+1 to +2 was pretty big at the time. Not listing everything (like all gained def and mp) but... head: extra -2 bp delay, gained avatar 5 mab, the weather clause in the -3 prep was removed. Body: extra -2 bp delay, the day clause in the -3 prep was removed, gained an extra 2 avatar crit hit rate. Hands: 3 more smning skill, extra -2 bp delay. Legs: extra -2 bp delay, avatar enmity changed to avatar macc. Feet: extra -2 bp delay, avatar enmity changed to magical crit hit rate

Think some of the enmity stats were removed for the af119+2
    Looking at the new WAR set, enmity got removed from body/legs and head/hands got extra enmity which makes up a bit for the lost amounts, for a total of enmity-5 on the whole set compared to the current +1 version. Since WAR has moved out of the tanking role, seems like it's a good idea to me to lower enmity a bit and focus the enmity on the set onto fewer pieces to increase when they can be used safely.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3