Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

New reforged "rumor"

So rumor is, merits. Multiple thousands. Rumor is always right these days, so let me say this right now.

There is not even 1% chance I will ever even consider doing this content if you think I'm going to an npc 75 merits at a time for 5000 merits per piece.

Straight up no.

There is already a very low chance I'll bother regardless but 75 merits at a time. Hell no.

Using merits is fine, I don't have any issue with that. The issue I will have is with how they are held/collected.
    (6)
    Last edited by Vae; 11-26-2016 at 12:06 AM.

If they did something like this they should allow us to "turn on" collecting merits for the piece and not have to turn them in... cause yeah... having to turn them in 75 at a time would be eye-bleedingly bad
    (7)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Unless this rumor came from someone in the know (and not alot of those talk publically) or a link to something at least semi official I'd really take it with a few grains of salt.
    (3)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Every rumor so fare this year has been true, so I'm complaining in advance.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Not sure about all of them but I do know a few did come from someone who claims to be in the know. But think they are English side so idk.

I could totally see 1k or like Olor said something where you stored them or like how they did with relic trials have you wear them for so much xp. Those would be grindy but semi reasonable
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As long as I can Skip Vagary and still upgrade my Empyrean, then I'm "almost" ok with this, as long as if you've got a +2 version you get a nice discount on points to upgrade
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Isn't there already an NPC that does what the OP is complaining about in risenjima or something?

At any rate, whether I put any stock in a rumor or not kind of depends on where it comes from. This is the first I've heard about this "rumor" so without hearing where he heard it from I'd take it with a giant grain of salt.
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Isn't there already an NPC that does what the OP is complaining about in risenjima or something?
    That's why I'm complaining about it. That system is garbage. And if they think I'm going to keep doing that for hundreds of thousands of merits, can KMA.

I -refuse- to keep doing that and buying an (item) from that goblin for 5k to upgrade Artifact gear.
    (3)
    Last edited by Vae; 11-27-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Store yes. And it does offer stuff at completely ridiculous cost (like 5k for a dusk stone+2 or 25k for the old legion/vw shiny weapons lol) but I don't remember seeing anyone but me really bring it up because it's so ridiculous and old content that no one even cares.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    As long as I can Skip Vagary and still upgrade my Empyrean, then I'm "almost" ok with this, as long as if you've got a +2 version you get a nice discount on points to upgrade
    There has been zero mention of any further upgrades to relic or empyrean reforges. Only artifact armor at this point. I have a feeling the primary purpose is to add augs to AF so they more closely line up with the other two. The odds of them giving us a way to bypass the upgrade-unlock stage is probably slightly lower than winning the Mog Bonanza. Not gonna happen in other words. >_<;;

There is a very easy and elegant solution to raising the held merit cap too, in case the devs see this:

Change the merit category to increase your merit cap. Instead of cap+1 per upgrade, change it to +5 or +10 (or even higher! Don't think anyone is dumb enough to complain if you give us more.)
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast