Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    I just want the AF/Relic/Empyrean to be rolled into a single piece of gear. It doesn't even need to have ambuscade-level welfare gear stats, it would just be really nice if I could condense 75 pieces of gear down into 25.

It would also be nice as a side-grade for returning players to Ambuscade. Combined AF/R/E armor wouldn't have the same accuracy or attack, or magic accuracy or magic attack, as Ambuscade gear, but the job-specific bonuses, combined with an alternate upgrade path for returning players to help them get into stuff, would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You wouldn't need all the acc/macc on the af gear if...get this, AMBUSCADE GEAR WAS AVAILABLE ANY MONTH OF THE YEAR.

Fix ambuscade gear and bring vouchers back forever.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by PristineChicken View Post
    I just want the AF/Relic/Empyrean to be rolled into a single piece of gear. It doesn't even need to have ambuscade-level welfare gear stats, it would just be really nice if I could condense 75 pieces of gear down into 25.

It would also be nice as a side-grade for returning players to Ambuscade. Combined AF/R/E armor wouldn't have the same accuracy or attack, or magic accuracy or magic attack, as Ambuscade gear, but the job-specific bonuses, combined with an alternate upgrade path for returning players to help them get into stuff, would be nice.
    Combined sets don't really qualify as something that new/returnees would have access to though. You'd be looking at 11-14x upgrades to complete from base to combine-able stages. (AF=4-5 upgrades, relic=3-5 upgrades, empy=3-4 upgrades.) That's a pretty massive time/gil investment requirement to expect fresh meat to tackle for "side-grade" quality gear.

There is no way the devs would give us a way to bypass the current reforge system, or it's included unlock requirements. That means that you would still need to perform the upgrades to the max point on each, so there would be no cost/time savings from combining them and the grand total for benefits gained would only be inv+2 per piece (assuming you already had all 3 pieces AND assuming the final piece had the best of every single stat from its components.)

If you didn't have full sets already, then you would also be forced to acquire and upgrade all 3 sets in order to combine them. I know I definitely didn't bother with the vast majority of reforges because they didn't offer any benefit over normal 119 gear. This idea is definitely NOT a viable option for new/returnees to use while gearing up.

Also, I'd be really surprised if cramming all the augs from each set together onto a single set didn't cause major coding issues.. Item/Augment data space is not unlimited after all. There are also definitely better things that the devs could be working on other than trying to make a combined AF/relic/empy thing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    You wouldn't need all the acc/macc on the af gear if...get this, AMBUSCADE GEAR WAS AVAILABLE ANY MONTH OF THE YEAR.

Fix ambuscade gear and bring vouchers back forever.
    Each of the previous sets were available for a total of four months each. If you did not pay/play for four months, then you don't really have any right to complain about the availability of gear that that was available for 1/3 of a year, and likely to return annually.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Each of the previous sets were available for a total of four months each. If you did not pay/play for four months, then you don't really have any right to complain about the availability of gear that that was available for 1/3 of a year, and likely to return annually.
    Wait, are you actually serious?

I can complain about gear that isn't obtainable anymore that was only available for four months, in a game where THIS HAS NEVER BEEN A THING BEFORE.

I should not be punished for not playing a game for every year every month of the year and farming a single form of content 100+ times every month the past few months.

Like I said, this has NEVER EVER been a thing in this game, ever. Every other form of gear is available every single day since this games release in 2002. I did not need to stay subbed to a game and play when Sky come out or forever not be able to get my Byakko's Haidate back in 2005. This is the first time in this games history this has been a thing, and it's AWFUL design.

Like..FOUR WHOLE MONTHS and "will be back annually?" Guess how long every other piece of gear has been available? Since it was added to the game.

Just, no. You will NOT defend ambuscade's temporary gear. NO.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-01-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Wait, are you actually serious?

I can complain about gear that isn't obtainable anymore that was only available for four months, in a game where THIS HAS NEVER BEEN A THING BEFORE.

I should not be punished for not playing a game for every year every month of the year and farming a single form of content 100+ times every month the past few months.

Like I said, this has NEVER EVER been a thing in this game, ever. Every other form of gear is available every single day since this games release in 2002. I did not need to stay subbed to a game and play when Sky come out or forever not be able to get my Byakko's Haidate back in 2005. This is the first time in this games history this has been a thing, and it's AWFUL design.

Like..FOUR WHOLE MONTHS and "will be back annually?" Guess how long every other piece of gear has been available? Since it was added to the game.

Just, no. You will NOT defend ambuscade's temporary gear. NO.
    I see it in the same light as Trusts and Campaigns. Some ciphers are only available once a year since they're tied to seasonal events. Some campaigns are much more valued by the playerbase than others but rarely appear. That does not mean the devs are in the wrong for not making them always available. You are not being "punished" for not logging in. You are being "not rewarded" for logging in. Punishment would be losing something you already have.

For the record, I missed quite a bit of the Ambuscade sets on my second account since she wasn't quite up to the gearing req's for to join groups for VDs and I simply don't have the stomach to do the full grind twice every month on the lower difficulties. (This part could stand to see some adjustments since the fights themselves are usually not friendly to all jobs/roles.) And I am sad that I don't have all the +1 gear that I wanted, but I've got no valid argument against waiting 8 months to have another shot at it since I didn't put the work in for it the first go round. Especially since we all knew that the system would work on a monthly rotating basis since it was launched earlier this year.

Try to consider that we are already past the point where the game is officially "over". ^^;;
    The dev team is down to a skeleton crew, they can't make tons of new resources, but they are continuing to put out a lot more than what we expected when word of console service shutdown was announced. Building in time limitations increases how long content can stay relevant, which is far from a new concept even in this game. Remember once-per-week Dynamis lockouts? I do. When I compare 52 total attempts per year to get a certain equip while lotting against 18+ others to ~120 days of spammable farming access, it doesn't seem that irritating to me I guess.

We also don't have any definitive word on exactly how rewards will function after a year's up either.. While my gut is telling me that it will probably be a simple annual rotation since that would require nearly zero dev time to maintain, it is far from impossible that they couldn't shift it to only rotating vouchers once this dev cycle ends next March in order to make it even more newbie friendly.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    There's also never been content that reset points every month either or had new sets of gear every month. It's almost like this whole content was specifically designed like the campaigns to encourage people to stay active... but good news it looks like they are caving
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    There's also never been content that reset points every month either or had new sets of gear every month. It's almost like this whole content was specifically designed like the campaigns to encourage people to stay active... but good news it looks like they are caving
    I'd be more likely to stay active if I could make progress on my own time. But having to do essentially nothing but ambuscade for a month and still not get a +1 set is... actually demotivating.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I'd be more likely to stay active if I could make progress on my own time. But having to do essentially nothing but ambuscade for a month and still not get a +1 set is... actually demotivating.
    While the grind is real it seems it is more so for you. Are you solo a lot and not doing at least VD on regular?
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Yes, this is exactly the problem.
    The system that's supposed to make you stay active and subbed, actually does the complete opposite and burns you out from the game, makes you hate it, and makes you unsub.

Ambuscade needs to not be "temporary gear/points reset/monthly sets", the entire reward structure behind it will slowly kill the game.

This game has always been about pacing yourself, taking things at your own pace, slowly working towards things when YOU wanted to, and obtaining them over x months/years. Ambuscade turns this game into rush rush go go go go go go must meet cap go go go ff14/wow clone and that isn't healthy for the game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-02-2016 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    While the grind is real it seems it is more so for you. Are you solo a lot and not doing at least VD on regular?
    I don't feel confident enough in my gear yet to do VD groups. I've tried to do Difficult runs with other players but they always failed (and were hard to get people for). Often, even dropping down to Normal with other players was actually harder than just soloing N with trusts.

Maybe my gear is good enough, I don't know, it's hard to tell these days. I just don't want to ruin anyone's run by being a gimp.

I have mostly mid-high augmented taeon, some hard mode avatar and unity gear, and NQ ambuscade stuff. I have a couple escha T1 bits, a few abj gear ... but none of it gets me over 1000 base acc on any job.

I'd be over on a couple jobs if I could figure out how to make oboro let me augment my JSE weapons - but he won't (I am done RoV but he still won't)

So I generally solo E or N...
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 12-02-2016 at 06:34 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast