Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Then be happy with NQ. HQ isn't for everyone.
    It's not an ungodly grind if you played during the month the gear was new.

So what you meant is "HQ gear is for people who played during the month x gear was new", which was my entire post.

So sorry, no. Ambuscade system needs to be re-evaluated 3 months ago.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-01-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post

So what you meant is "HQ gear is for people who played during the month x gear was new", which was my entire post.
    No, that's not what I mean.

It's not an ungodly grind if you played during the month the gear was new
    Yes, it is.

So sorry, no. Ambuscade system needs to be re-evaluated 3 months ago.
    I'm not arguing against that.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ok, now, wait.

Last months ambuscade was incredibly easy, it wasn't grindy at all. just to get that out of the way. If you missed last month, you got screwed. 100%

2ndly, you get half the gallantry(or less!) as you get hallmarks. and the gallantry items don't have a total. So the grind is a larger "penalty" for missing "last month" that's really stupid. On top of the fact you can't get a previous set. That's incredibly stupid.

The ONLY reason vouchers aren't available every month, is cash grab.

You people need to start complaining more when square is CLEARLY reaching into your pockets. The fact that people can't get certain trusts 100% of the time is a huge slap in the face. Now gear too? How long until you realize what they're doing.

Are you all ready to go p2w, cause this is how it starts.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Agreed, Vae.

I made this thread because I was so confused there wasn't one about this gigantic horribly designed system that's supposed to make you feel greatly encouraged(forced) to log on and play the game every single month or you'll lose out on it forever. Between this, login campaigns and limited time trusts it's clearly obvious they're trying to copy f2p games (failed) system of "getting people to play the game/login".

You want to know what makes me not want to log in and play? When the game feels like a chore -which is exactly what TEMPORARY content with LIMITED rewards that I >>HAVE<< to spam every month or I can't ever get that gear again.

Fix the anti-player friendly reward system, please, square enix. I'm begging you. Your intentions behind it are very clear - you want to get people to log in and play, however, the actual design around it is causing the exact OPPOSITE of what you want it to do.

It will drive people away, if it hasn't already. Fix this awful system before it's too late.
    (1)

I don't mind the trusts, they return them frequently enough that I've never been without one I missed for very long.

Ambu is an issue. And they should add a way to let us carry some points over because right now it is demotivating. I don't want to spend the whole month doing nothing but ambuscade.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'd say the effects are more mixed than you think. There are definitely those that only really do much during campaigns they like or right after an update etc or just grind out a bunch a few months later after it's easier. And there was definitely some wondered what the point of logging each day was when they saw others leave for long periods to come back and catch up real quick. Se wanted to encourage those people to log in and for some it worked.

It's a little more onerous with ambuscade because unless you can get a group to do higher lvls of intense it's going to take around 50 runs with running back to get KI off of mobs people will steal off of you. But that's more an issue with the grind itself and the bar/annoying mechanics they set for intense and the way it is often designed to not be low manned

But rejoice SE has heard the crying and is thinking about it
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 12-02-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post

But rejoice SE has heard the crying and is thinking about it
    Really? I didn't see that... where is it?

Also, I am fine with there being advantages for being regularly subbed. Like I don't mind trusts etc because they rotate enough that it's not like you are not going to get them EVER without logging in every month...

I think the main advantage to logging in every month should be login campaigns. I know they definitely get me to sub where I otherwise wouldn't.

But Ambu literally makes me not want to play the game. Like I just couldn't even bear to do November's even though I have 99 BST 99 PUP and 99 SMN (the latter two which really could use some more gear)... because it is such a grind. It makes me hate the game. So I just stop logging in.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 12-02-2016 at 03:09 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Really? I didn't see that... where is it?
    jp dev post from like last night I Think
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    But Ambu literally makes me not want to play the game. Like I just couldn't even bear to do November's even though I have 99 BST 99 PUP and 99 SMN (the latter two which really could use some more gear)... because it is such a grind. It makes me hate the game. So I just stop logging in.
    Yeah that's where I see the problem/difference is. The grind. And the highly varying nature of it and well how it's often incredibly geared against low man intense is (which shouldn't be necessary with gallantry) . Like last month oh boy was a lot more friendly. Took a couple of days to figure out intense but once I did triboxing it on VD so ended up being like 10 runs plus the fooling around I did to learn to get full gear... so heck I went and kept farming till I had like 100k total hallmarks. Meanwhile I don't think there was a single other month I've been able to tribox an intense even on D. And some are kind of hard on normal so I'm forced to do normal or regular on VD which ends up being like 4x the grind for exactly the same rewards

And then there is the mechanics which take time to figure out on their own and often lead to a flavor of the month for jobs which have to be done before we can really start the grind that we only have a month to do <.<. While this month also having that rare cp campaign we want to do...
    (1)

We'll be bringing the gear vouchers back soon as a permanent reward option! We're hoping to add this in the version update to follow the December version update.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast