Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    The whole game would have to be overhauled to be brought up to DirectX11 or 12, which would require a lot of financial investment, and time with a full development staff, and revitalizing an old MMO to make it attractive to new players hardly ever works. It's a big risk with a low chance of payoff. FFXI Mobile has more chance to pull in new players, since it is releasing on a platform, and in countries, where a lot of people don't have an opinion of the game.
    They could also go the route of paying Nexon to use their Unreal Engine 4 mobile version of the game and simply optimize it for PC. Such a relaunch could give the game a whole new lease on life if accompanied with media exposure and a beefed up dev team. Wishful thinking of course, but the option is there if they believed they could rekindle enough interest in past subscribers along with drawing in new ones.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not sure why you quoted me? I've r ead and seen all this information before and it doesn't really seem like a response to my post.
    He's probably trying to imply that it IS a console game at heart.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    He's probably trying to imply that it IS a console game at heart.
    I can understand that, but it's not li ke I"m not aware of that- what I said is technically true. Yes, its a game built for PS2 running on a PC- but it's still a PC game in the absence of being available on consoles.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Did some tweaking on my Laptop, if you are having choppy frame rates try lowering the background resolution to the same resolution as your screen. Running through Juno, the results allowed significant improvement to where it was rendering every frame, instead of the choppiness I was getting. (Screen Resolution @ 1920 x 1080 / Background Resolution was @ 4096 x 4096, switched Background to 1920 x 1080 same as Screen Resolution)

960m 4GB, and 16GB System memory
    (1)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 11-22-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2