Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The thing is, some of these promotional events can attract the attention of potential new players. However, it is hard for them to communicate with the staff to ask questions if the forum is so closed. I got word after asking the question that Camate does pay attention to /r/ffxi on Reddit though.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    As far as feedback, I personally don't care what someone who isn't playing the game thinks would make the game better. The best parts about XI are the roots its held on to (diversity between jobs, awesome job design, etc).

This......back then I've read opinions from people that obviously doesn't like FFXI, claiming gear swap system is crap or something like that.

I imagine I would never continue playing FFXI if I can no longer go out and collect 200 pieces of gears and build 50 different gear sets for my favorite job. Without gear swap system the game would be incredibly boring after you beat the content, since your favorite job would hit the performance ceiling after you beat the hardest boss in game.
    (1)

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    A bit early to think about, but with Camate leaving I'd still love to see this continue.
    (1)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I liked the idea of that livestream they did, but the problem is, is that they covered up the chat window, and they were talking about commands they were entering.

Just how are we supposed to know what they were doing? They were mumbling about "oh, yeah, this command here lets you change the look of your gear!" and I'm sitting here going "Uh, what command? I can't see the freaking chat log!"

They kept talking about stuff that appears in the chat log...... but they had the chat log covered up.

And they were obviously using things that were not accessible to players (for example, they had all the ciphers already on them instead of waiting for them to appear when doing the RoE quests).

IMO, you guys should take the stream... cut out the waiting parts, condense it, and re-release it on Youtube after edits, and display the commands/stuff on screen with captions so we know what's actually going on or something.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    I liked the idea of that livestream they did, but the problem is, is that they covered up the chat window, and they were talking about commands they were entering.

Just how are we supposed to know what they were doing? They were mumbling about "oh, yeah, this command here lets you change the look of your gear!" and I'm sitting here going "Uh, what command? I can't see the freaking chat log!"

They kept talking about stuff that appears in the chat log...... but they had the chat log covered up.

And they were obviously using things that were not accessible to players (for example, they had all the ciphers already on them instead of waiting for them to appear when doing the RoE quests).

IMO, you guys should take the stream... cut out the waiting parts, condense it, and re-release it on Youtube after edits, and display the commands/stuff on screen with captions so we know what's actually going on or something.

With amount of troll/negative message that could happen in /yell or /tell during the stream, it's quite reasonable to cover the chat log window lol. Although I suppose they could just stream with 1 character with chat filter on and put on busy status or something, then keep the filter off on another character to receive tells for player help/interaction.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    With amount of troll/negative message that could happen in /yell or /tell during the stream, it's quite reasonable to cover the chat log window lol. Although I suppose they could just stream with 1 character with chat filter on and put on busy status or something, then keep the filter off on another character to receive tells for player help/interaction.
    Not to mention the standard PUG/WTB/WTS/etc spam. XD I think it might be nice if they didn't block the chat buffer at least so that we could see what they are typing at least. That would make it more useful to users since we could at least see any commands/syntax that they talk about. Another option would be to turn on all chat filters for the segments where they are demonstrating how commands function.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I understand WHY they covered up the chat log, my point was is that they needed someone (perhaps in chat) to type out the commands and/or what relevant information is supposed to be appearing in the chat log that's covered up, OR, have someone typing up captions and placing them on the screen shortly after they are mentioned, so that we have an idea what they're talking about.

Obviously, to prevent trolling and NSFW stuff going on because we all know how people act, they had to cover the chat window and I wouldn't be surprised if it was also done for privacy reasons (not everybody is agreeing to having their communications plastered on Youtube for millions of people to see publically, even though they are playing an MMORPG and are using /yells, lol).

It's just they needed a work-around, and the two doing the stream didn't even seem aware that the chat log was covered up, because they were talking like we should be able to see it. I feel there was some mis-communication going on here, and if they did future streams, hopefully this would be cleared up.

I loved the idea of the stream, though. Awesome idea. What I said earlier about the chat log was more of a suggestion of how to make the next one better.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2