Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

More livestreams from the Community Reps please!

Their "Primed for Adventure" was great today, always glad to see enthusiastic streams of FFXI.

Here's a Twitch archive: https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxi/v/101944408
    (10)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Knakkerz
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    Yes, I'd definitely been keen to see more FFXI live streams!
    (4)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yes please! This was nice to see!
    (4)

I agree, it's nice to see these sorts of things from the community reps, so I'm all in favor of seeing more.
    (4)

Character
    Roehgaez
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4
    Yes please. Only caught the last half of it but was a fun watch with a nice chat.
    (4)

Character
    Qiqirnmercenary
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I'd love to see more live streams, they are very fun to watch and instructional for the new/returning players too! You have my vote
    (3)

Character
    Nariiko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I personally was really excited to see how this show would go down- As a long time FFXI player coming back to the game a week before this show and currently a pretty active FFXIV player I wasn't disappointed!

Things that were done right:
    • Main Focus- Catching up to 99 content (ilvl119)
      Coming back to the guide I read through multiple walkthrough's and guides that focused on getting back into the game but the vouchers that can be obtained through completing Record of Eminence tasks that are turned in for iLvl119 gear was overlooked in most of them, I was excited the stream showed this off otherwise I would have never known this existed! Showing a pretty easy walk-though that was done in just about 4 hours is a great source of data for returning players.
    • Overview of new/current Midcore/End Content
      For a first show of Primed for Adventure I think it was a smart choice- as this game has changed quite a bit since I was spending my time in Vana'diel and those who were curious to check out the game in the Return to Vana'diel campaign it was quite fitting for a theme. Perhaps doing a similar show every time a return to Vana'diel Campaign comes around would be great for returning players.
    • Chat interaction on 2nd half of the show
      I want to emphasize on this, because as a player returning from an FFXI era where outreach to the NA community was almost non-existent outside of special events(pre forums) this was a change that I think the player base can really appreciate and hope any future streams has chat interactions or questions answered as they are being asked (at least if they can be)!
    • PLAYER-BASE INTERACTION on 2nd half of show
      This was surprising- but really cool that the community team streaming invited players to come along and play with them in some of the content. I didn't have the content unlocked they were doing personally so I wasn't able to join but it was really cool to see the team streaming being open to the player base and actually have some live interaction. I believe this is key for a MMO that has nearly been going for 15 years, literally MMOs are carried heavily upon player interaction, I was so glad to see this happen. This was quite a special interaction for those players who did get to join in and play on stream and I doubt will be forgotten quickly.

Things that could have been done better:
    • Better break down of pre-prerequisite for some content shown off
      As a player who came back from Abyssea Era but was 99 I didn't have alot of Adoulin content unlocked. It was mentioned at the beginning of the stream the character they were attempting to gear up had Abyssea +2/3 gear, but when going through some of the content needed for Records of Eminence they were able to go into it immediately. Much of this content for me was locked behind fame quests tied to Adoulin (I knew this from reading quite a few guides) but for many returning players who may have tuned in and not experienced Adoulin it wasn't mentioned that a player had to be at a specific point in the story to have accessed some of this content (not to mention the time sink in fame gated behind this.)

What I'd love to see in the future:
    • Continuation of where this stream left off
      Showing off some of the next step of higher end game, or the next steps and what content one would challenge after a player has received a base iLvl119 set.
    • Overview of new Content Updates & Seasonal Events added in the future
      The Jingle Baaas Anniversary Event was cute to watch and it would be cool to see future events done on stream. With the monthly rotations of Vol1&2 for Ambuscade to new content updates provided I'd love to see the NA community team go over these updates as they come via stream.

There were a ton of other things I liked about the show but I tried to sum it up as best I could, Splash Screens were super creative and I loved the small stuff new stuff thrown in throughout the show such as glamour, mounts, and mini events, homepoint teleports, and just overall going around to new areas within the world of Vana'diel that were shown off!

Please do more of these NA community streams! Nostalgia {Impossible to Gauge!}
    (4)
    Want a Crumplet? Haste? Maybe some tea...?

Thanks for all the comments about the live stream!

Both Sicycre and myself had a blast doing it, and we would definitely like to hold more streams in the future.
    We'll be thinking about future stream content while taking all the feedback we've received into consideration.
    Until the next one, happy adventuring, and we'll see you all in Vana'diel!
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

We need a communication channel for people that don't play the game to see this and give feedback. Posting here requires an active account, and doesn't allow people considering the game to ask questions or give feedback.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

There are several places online to ask questions about FFXI and get very informed answers (FFXIAH, BG), and friendly answers on Reddit (lol)

As far as feedback, I personally don't care what someone who isn't playing the game thinks would make the game better. The best parts about XI are the roots its held on to (diversity between jobs, awesome job design, etc).

I do however wish the devs would respond to our feedback more
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast