Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Abyssea - Add more NM Key Item Triggers to large Gold chests

Just wanted to throw it out there and ask if it's possible for the Dev Team to add more Abyssea NM Key Items into large Gold chests in Abyssea.

Key Items linked to specific NMs such as

Apademak popped by "Torn Khimaira Wing", dropped by Dhrome Khimaira in Abyssea uleguerand
    Orthrus popped with "Steaming cerberus tongue", dropped by Amarok in Abyssea Altepa
    Alfard popped with "Venomous hydra fang", dropped by Ningishzida Abyssea Grauberg

Minax Bugard drops "Bloodstained bugard fang" which is one of the KIs used to spawn Sobek in Abyssea Misareaux

helpful for those farming for empyrean weapons AND reforging Empyrean Armor.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 12-16-2016 at 10:33 AM.

That would have been a nice change to make years ago. Given the dev team's 'better late than never' approach to so many of the Quality of Life changes made to FFXI I wouldn't completely rule it out. Some Abyssea items became prime money makers for RMT once the campaigns began, Sisyphus Fragments in particular - I almost always see an AFK character abusing third party tools in Abyssea Uleguerand to farm them up on Asura (check out the recent sales histories on the more populated servers), so it would have the added benefit of removing yet another easy gil source from them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Diavolo; 11-14-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Adding all the NM KI's would probably be overkill, but definitely adding all the KI that pertain to Empyrean Weapons would be very welcome.
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    While I think that'd be an improvement, it wouldn't help in the long run, you'd still see the same KI's you don't want in boxes.

What WOULD be a massive improvement would be restructuring abyssea NM ki's completely. Tahrongi is asinine. 1 Ki = 1 Pop.

Uleg/Altep/Graub are already good tbh. It's the other 6 zones that need better/less KI's.
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckamus View Post
    Adding all the NM KI's would probably be overkill, but definitely adding all the KI that pertain to Empyrean Weapons would be very welcome.
    Yes that's the main idea. There's lots of NMs that drop upgrade items to Empyrean Weapons/Armor whose Key items pops can be farmed from large gold chests, but as for the NMs Ningishzida, Minax Bugard, Amarok, and Dhrome Khamaira, the KIs they drop to pop the NMs that drop the emp weapon/reforged armor upgrade items, are not currently obtainable from large gold chests.

It would be a great improvement to add mainly those four KIs I've listed up top to large gold chests

I understand if they didn't years ago, but at this point , it needs to be considered.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 11-14-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    That would have been a nice change to make years ago. Given the dev team's 'better late than never' approach to so many of the Quality of Life changes made to FFXI I wouldn't completely rule it out. Some Abyssea items became prime money makers for RMT once the campaigns began, Sisyphus Fragments in particular - I almost always see an AFK character abusing third party tools in Abyssea Uleguerand to farm them up on Asura (check out the recent sales histories on the more populated servers), so it would have the added benefit of removing yet another easy gil source from them.
    Why do you always assume someone is RMT? I was doing my Horns for Almace and got real tired of fighting for Sisy NM so I got most of my fragments out of chests. After I finished horns I still needed gil to finish Almace and decided since the fragments sold fast and were worth good gil on Asura I would farm them. And I did, I farmed over 100 and if someone was camping Sisy I never interfered with them because I got my frags out of chests and I am not RMT! Sometimes there are 2 pop items in the chests and I always would see if anyone was close and bazaar one for 1 gil, I gave lots of God Cores and Frags away. I still go back if I'm bored and farm some now. Oh, one other thing, the Aby campaign this month actually makes my SIsy Frag farming harder because of the Max Azure lights. And as far as those third party tools to use to make the farming easier I guess? please let me know what they are because I don't have a clue.
    (3)
    Last edited by Yenrab; 11-16-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yenrab View Post
    Why do you always assume someone is RMT?
    I don't. There are plenty of "legit"/non-RMT players that abuse third party tools, too. Sisyphus is a prime target because of how popular BLU/Almace has become and how Abyssea usually has very few people moving through it. 300K per fragment can mean 15-20M gil per day to someone who isn't afraid of losing their account and they have to do practically nothing for it.

And as far as those third party tools to use to make the farming easier I guess? please let me know what they are because I don't have a clue.
    It's not unlike the XP/CP scripts I've often seen used right outside Western Adoulin on the mandragoras, the character is basically automated, walking/running in a predetermined path and along the way it will turn to face the nearest monster, draw its weapon and run towards it. Sometimes it will use a JA or spell to claim the monster and have preset spells to use every fight in order to skill up, too, the defining factor being that it's always the same spells, in the same rotation, separated by the same delay. You can claim a monster yourself, disengage so it's white and run with it by the automated account, it will always chase you as you would expect a mindless bot to do. Every time I've stopped by Abyssea Uleguerand for whatever reason I've always seen a character doing exactly that. It's always some /anon account that ignores /say and /tells. You've probably ran across one before and didn't think anything of it, most people don't. Close friends of mine didn't realize those characters were walking along predetermined paths until I told them to watch for it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    I don't. There are plenty of "legit"/non-RMT players that abuse third party tools, too. Sisyphus is a prime target because of how popular BLU/Almace has become and how Abyssea usually has very few people moving through it. 300K per fragment can mean 15-20M gil per day to someone who isn't afraid of losing their account and they have to do practically nothing for it.

It's not unlike the XP/CP scripts I've often seen used right outside Western Adoulin on the mandragoras, the character is basically automated, walking/running in a predetermined path and along the way it will turn to face the nearest monster, draw its weapon and run towards it. Sometimes it will use a JA or spell to claim the monster and have preset spells to use every fight in order to skill up, too, the defining factor being that it's always the same spells, in the same rotation, separated by the same delay. You can claim a monster yourself, disengage so it's white and run with it by the automated account, it will always chase you as you would expect a mindless bot to do. Every time I've stopped by Abyssea Uleguerand for whatever reason I've always seen a character doing exactly that. It's always some /anon account that ignores /say and /tells. You've probably ran across one before and didn't think anything of it, most people don't. Close friends of mine didn't realize those characters were walking along predetermined paths until I told them to watch for it.
    Well I worked my butt off for 3-4 mil a day and the most I made was 5 mil one day. I can't see 15-20 mil a day, thats just too many fragments to sell and Asura and Odin are the only servers where farming them is worthwhile. And I don't know how you can use those 3rd party tools or scripts whatever on an Item that you can only hold 1 of. I must be stupid.
    (0)

I'd support this.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Well I worked my butt off for 3-4 mil a day and the most I made was 5 mil one day. I can't see 15-20 mil a day, thats just too many fragments to sell and Asura and Odin are the only servers where farming them is worthwhile. And I don't know how you can use those 3rd party tools or scripts whatever on an Item that you can only hold 1 of. I must be stupid.
    Yeah, as I mentioned last night in game, I was speaking about the AFK bots/scripts. I have no qualms about singling them out when they're blatant, like Braile who's been doing it for days now on the mandragoras in Ceizak. Chances are he'll still be at it when you read this.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast