Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Final Fantasy XI for Nintendo SWITCH

EDIT: Updated new version with compact Keyboard

Hello,

As i did in past with "New 3DS" version here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...w-Nintendo-3DS

I thought about the same thing for Nintendo SWITCH and I did it on my Photoshop, it could be so cool and boost ffxi community don't you think?
    https://cdn.ffxipro.com/images/ss/fu...b8c1b9c4d1.jpg

Amiibo could pop exclusive Trusts
    (9)
    Last edited by Hercule; 05-01-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think it could be a good idea, but it might be more effort than they want to put into it sadly. what they really need for this game is a complete remake of the framework that removes playonline but they have made it fairly clear they don't intend to do that. still a Switch(and possibly PS4/XB One versions would be nice) version of XI that plays cross platform with the PC would be nice even if we have to pay for a new license to use it.
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maybe if the new mobile version is free and does well it could go cross platform with Xbox live arcade and nintendo/playstation eshop
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Maybe if the new mobile version is free and does well it could go cross platform with Xbox live arcade and nintendo/playstation eshop
    I kind of think that might have been a good way to bring it to the most recent gen consoles. The E-Shops would get more people out there and I feel that the XBone, Switch, and PS4 should be able to handle this game with hardly any problems. I'd be happy to see more people online in general.

(And I would totally buy some of those Amiibos)
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 11-14-2016 at 02:34 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

I wish but I think they have given up on promoting XI
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Despite how absurd this idea actually is, it would actually be pretty darn cool to have FFXI in a portable device.

(Not that anyone wants to hear about this, but I've heard rumors that FFXIV on the switch is in the realm of possibility as well)

I would totally buy Final Fantasy amiibo BTW. (Cloud will eventually have an Amiibo due to his inclusion in Smash Bros)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Hello,

As i did in past with "New 3DS" version here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...w-Nintendo-3DS

I thought about the same thing for Nintendo SWITCH and I did it on my Photoshop, it could be so cool and boost ffxi community don't you think?
    Large size: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/49...itchFFXI10.jpg

Amiibo could pop exclusive Trusts
    It's not likely to happen.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff11...interview.html

Is there talk of a PS3 version of Final Fantasy XI in the works?
    If we were to start developing a PS3 version now, it would likely take about 5 years to complete. By then PS4 would be out and there would be talk of a PS5 before we could release it. It would be too much work, so we have no plans to create such a version. The PS3 can play the PS2 version, though.

They estimated 5 years, back in 2007 when they had full development staff on the game, to port it to a new platform. It's such an old game, a new release isn't likely to attract enough new players. Nintendo also does not seem to be receptive to cross platform play with competitors, and trying to get new players going in a game with people with a 15 year head start is tough.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    It's not likely to happen.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff11...interview.html

Is there talk of a PS3 version of Final Fantasy XI in the works?
    If we were to start developing a PS3 version now, it would likely take about 5 years to complete. By then PS4 would be out and there would be talk of a PS5 before we could release it. It would be too much work, so we have no plans to create such a version. The PS3 can play the PS2 version, though.

They estimated 5 years, back in 2007 when they had full development staff on the game, to port it to a new platform. It's such an old game, a new release isn't likely to attract enough new players. Nintendo also does not seem to be receptive to cross platform play with competitors, and trying to get new players going in a game with people with a 15 year head start is tough.
    There are ( unsubstantiated) rumors that they're in talks to put FFXIV on the Switch, though (it would certainly be way more playable than PS Vita ended up being). That 5 year estimate seems a bit off the wall though. How long was FFXI in development before the first players got their hands on it?

It's kind of a Duke Nukem Forever effect. That game took so long to come out because they kept switching engine tech. They'd develop the game, and then new tech would come out and they'd be like oh we have to switch to this and then the next thing would come along and rinse/repeat. Eventually you have to commit to something or you are in development or planning phase perpetually.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    I think it could be a good idea, but it might be more effort than they want to put into it sadly. what they really need for this game is a complete remake of the framework that removes playonline but they have made it fairly clear they don't intend to do that. still a Switch(and possibly PS4/XB One versions would be nice) version of XI that plays cross platform with the PC would be nice even if we have to pay for a new license to use it.
    Only way we'll get FFXI-2 is if they do it as an Expansion / World to FFXIV. Basically handle it like the World Seed Concept in the Sword Art Online Anime, in the Fact that you could jump between games and each game has their own worlds / systems etc, but you can take your character between games. Somebody needs help in XIV? take your Character to Eorzea and do content there. My Friend needs help in XI-2 and sends me a /tell from that game that he needs my PLD to tank for him, so I log off my character in Eorzea and log into Vana'diel. Gear / Levels wouldn't cross over, but the games would keep track of your character's progress in each game. This could allow SE to branch out into a Cyberpunk setting etc while keeping players involved, because everyone would have options, depending on how they want to play.
    (0)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Updated picture with a new version, incluing a compact Keyboard for the Switch

(0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast