Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

world transfer during free time?

okay now I'm trying to figure this part out, they are offering world transfer service for half price during free time. now I dont know about most of you but I thought this would mean I could transfer my characters during the free time for this half price.
    I do not understand why SE does this kind midleading thing.

the least they could have done was marked the page to say "Options will not be able to transfer during free time"
    please note this isn't really to complaint. I'm trying to understand. SE would get lots of money allowing us to transfer for half pride during free time. so it makes little sense for them not to do it
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 11-11-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It states in the terms:

* Accounts which have not migrated to a SQUARE ENIX Account by 23:59 GMT on 8 November, 2016 are ineligible for this campaign.
    * Accounts which have been banned or suspended for violating the Terms of Service are ineligible for this campaign.
    * Those wishing to continue to play after the campaign has concluded will need to reactivate their FINAL FANTASY XI character options.
    * Warning: reactivating an eligible account and resuming payments before or after the start of the campaign will void campaign eligibility for all characters on the account.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It states in the terms:

* Accounts which have not migrated to a SQUARE ENIX Account by 23:59 GMT on 8 November, 2016 are ineligible for this campaign.
    * Accounts which have been banned or suspended for violating the Terms of Service are ineligible for this campaign.
    * Those wishing to continue to play after the campaign has concluded will need to reactivate their FINAL FANTASY XI character options.
    * Warning: reactivating an eligible account and resuming payments before or after the start of the campaign will void campaign eligibility for all characters on the account.
    ? I'm not sure this refers to the world transfer campaign, though. It think last line is about the Free Login campaign?

Technically I guess he could reactivate around the 20th and world transfer is character for half the price?
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It states in the terms:

that does not refer to the world transfer, that refers to the free time. on the sale page that refers to the world transfer it does not say you can't transfer during free time. I only found out after I attempted to do the transfer.

to make this a bit more clear. I can afford either FFXI or FFXIV for a sub but not both at the same time, I did not know about the free login campaign before I resubbed XIV or I would have waited. I was planning to resub XI next month but if I'm stuck with an $18 USD transfer so I have people I can play with I'm not going to resub
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 11-12-2016 at 04:42 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Have you contacted customer services?

It doesn't seem to make any sense that you cant take advantage of the discount scheme regarding the server transfer, even if it is free return login at the moment.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Have you contacted customer services?

It doesn't seem to make any sense that you cant take advantage of the discount scheme regarding the server transfer, even if it is free return login at the moment.
    I'm going to try contacting them but I don't expect to get any result from it
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    nothing from them yet, so wont get any response before monday :/
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    nothing from them yet, so wont get any response before monday :/
    Campaign lasts until the 21th, doesn't it?

Either way, I'm sure it's intentional. Characters on free login appears as inactive on the SE account and you need an active chara to transfer.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Last I heard, you didn't need an active sub to use the world transfer. I seem to remember a friend doing this while unsubbed a while back and when you server transfer, you also buy a month of sub.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Last I heard, you didn't need an active sub to use the world transfer. I seem to remember a friend doing this while unsubbed a while back and when you server transfer, you also buy a month of sub.
    You do need an active subscription to transfer, but you only need one character to be active, so if you're like me and have multiple characters across multiple servers activating just one will allow you to move them all during a free login campaign.
    (0)