Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    Flaming crush should just be more accurate, though there might be other changes to it no one has picked up on. Volt Strike and Pred Claw, even the Deathmaws don't really have enough HP. For the multihit ones you want to test on something with tons of HP like an Apex mob. Before the update I couldn't 1 shot insects at Reisenjima #3 every time with physical bps, but now I more than do so. The only aspect of any of this that could be a worse in some way and I'm not sure that it is, is for multihit BPs that the damage carries through on all hits, we might not get the bonus accuracy applied to all hits just the first. So you may be lacking about 100 accuracy on subsequent hits compared to what you were used to, where as before it didn't matter much because 80% of the damage was loaded into the first hit, now every hit matters equally. Shiromochi happens to have 108 accuracy though, so if you're missing I'd try using that. I do not believe there is a single BP that at 0 tp is worse than it was before, so the TP should be seen as bonus imo. The one aspect I will miss is doing physical bps to get TP and Wards/Magic BPs to spend them. It did have the effect of a tp set for the avatar being more desirable now, and this month's ambuscade gear is good for that. It may take some getting used to, but I think the end result of a 15% or more damage boost to even some of our strongest physical bps is worth it and a welcome and appreciated change.

Mountain Buster is one you might try out if you aren't enjoying the carries through hits BPs, it also has damage instead of crit chance or accuracy that it gets from TP now, so for one hit physical bp's it's actually one of the best options now.
    Maybe a new Food geared towards SMN might also help. One that has ACC, ATT, MACC, and MAB (I'm guessing that PUP and BST could both benefit from something like that as well.) I'm gonna keep testing some and see what I can do. Maybe a JA to give Avatars a type of regain, or going back to food, maybe one that has Regain for pets(?) Just tossing out random stuff at this point.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This update is a huge boon to high-end geared summoners.
    In situations where acc and pdif are capped, while triggering nirvana's aftermath 3 for da/ta, Volt strike can easily reach into the 60-80k+ range on T3/helm NMs in reisinjima.

My damage when i lowman maju with volt strike received a substantial boost.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm far from high end lol but all the core BPs for me are holding around the same to increasing modestly- though there seems to be a lot more variation in the physical pacts than before.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Maybe a new Food geared towards SMN might also help. One that has ACC, ATT, MACC, and MAB (I'm guessing that PUP and BST could both benefit from something like that as well.) I'm gonna keep testing some and see what I can do. Maybe a JA to give Avatars a type of regain, or going back to food, maybe one that has Regain for pets(?) Just tossing out random stuff at this point.
    Might mean using Enticer's Pants now on the ones where dmg varies with tp and letting avatar melee a little bit first. Or make like a lot of pups get a cor
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 11-16-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Flaming crush wasnt changed much, if at all. I have not tested it as thoroughly, but a quick yorcia lowman should show any shenanigans. The pacts that have clearly won out damage wise, largely due to da/ta/aftermath proc are pred claws, volt strike and rush.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    Flaming crush wasnt changed much, if at all. I have not tested it as thoroughly, but a quick yorcia lowman should show any shenanigans. The pacts that have clearly won out damage wise, largely due to da/ta/aftermath proc are pred claws, volt strike and rush.
    Should check the update notes they give a vague idea of what they did. FC only gained "Accuracy varies with TP" so maybe cool on super evasive stuff? Should also add Eclipse Bite, Double Punch, and Chaotic Strike also gained in the same way with replicating ftps.

Think testing is still being done (and people not really bothering with lower lvl ones) but a lot of the dmg varies with tp ones gained a bit too at higher tps ie Double Punch, Rock Buster, Mountain Buster, Tail Whip, Axe Kick, Blindside, Crescent Fang, and Eclipse Bite.

The various crit hit rate ones also gained a lot when not capping pdif but otherwise meh... but most those were multihit ones that gained replicating ftp anyways so s'okay
    (0)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Should check the update notes they give a vague idea of what they did. FC only gained "Accuracy varies with TP" so maybe cool on super evasive stuff? Should also add Eclipse Bite, Double Punch, and Chaotic Strike also gained in the same way with replicating ftps.

Think testing is still being done (and people not really bothering with lower lvl ones) but a lot of the dmg varies with tp ones gained a bit too at higher tps ie Double Punch, Rock Buster, Mountain Buster, Tail Whip, Axe Kick, Blindside, Crescent Fang, and Eclipse Bite.

The various crit hit rate ones also gained a lot when not capping pdif but otherwise meh... but most those were multihit ones that gained replicating ftp anyways so s'okay
    SE said during the digest that the only change to FC was the accuracy increase due to TP. So largely it's unchanged unless you're in an acc starved situation.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    SE said during the digest that the only change to FC was the accuracy increase due to TP. So largely it's unchanged unless you're in an acc starved situation.
    All multi-hit BP gained an adjustment that should increase overall damage output.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-20-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    All multi-hit BP gained an adjustment that should increase overall damage output.
    as posted on the JP side of this forum and translated by BG.

I’ve been testing Flaming Crush since the patch and I feel like it’s actually weaker than before. What’s up?
    Flaming Crush’s only adjustment has been to TP’s influence on accuracy. It should be noted that Flaming Crush has a unique method behind its damage calculation. After the physical damage has been calculated, it goes through a fire-elemental adjustment. This adjustment may be resisted, so that may lead to variable damage.

How does this adjustment affect the damage in comparison to how it was before?
    At 0 TP, they will have the same performance as they did before the patch. The TP adjustments are pure bonuses.

Players can only crit with critical Weapon Skills, but how do Avatar skills work?
    Before this patch, they would occur.
    Criticals occur on attacking Blood Pacts regardless of the type of TP correction.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Sort of... but some of those were just acc or critical hit rate. If you already capping hit rate the extra wont do much and if you were already capping pdif crit hit rates wont do much either
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast