Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Can RDM be put on eminent staff please?

Can you please put RDM on eminent staff(sparks gear) please? I feel this is a bug or a huge oversight. For some reason monk(???) is on it but not RDM, while every other caster is on this staff. That means that a new player and fresh RDM will not have access to any decent nuking weapon whats-so-ever for a while which SUCKS!

Can you please adjust this so that new players/RDM's can enjoy the mage side of RDM in starter gear too? Thanks a lot!
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Erm... There is several EASY RoE mission you can do to get a staff for RDM if you want to play RDM that way.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You have to do WKR to get the item, which is kinda annoying because you have to play RDM without a nuker staff until you do that. That's the entire point.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    tbf I don't think SE want RDM using staves, that said I suppose it doesn't hurt to put them on it anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 11-08-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't think it's a huge deal. As Jakuk said, RDM is put on an easy to get ROE staff (Skirmish staff), which is pretty good. Tbh, if you aren't able to get that weapon without a staff (you can get a sword or club in the meantime or a weaker staff), you should work on other stuff before worrying about a...really bad staff. RDM has bigger things to worry about than a 117 staff it doesn't even need.

We're put on the best universal staff in the game so I'm counting my blessings!
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    I don't think it's a huge deal. As Jakuk said, RDM is put on an easy to get ROE staff (Skirmish staff), which is pretty good. Tbh, if you aren't able to get that weapon without a staff (you can get a sword or club in the meantime or a weaker staff), you should work on other stuff before worrying about a...really bad staff. RDM has bigger things to worry about than a 117 staff it doesn't even need.

Maybe, but I think the request is mostly from the standpoint of a returning player. I originally quit just after SoA was added (essentially, before the were iLevels), and when I came back, there weren't really any options to immediately catapult up to everyone else's level. I was actually in luck since some old friends were happy to let me leech off some of their successes, including one who practically gifted for me an Emissary...or two. But even then, the progression of gear took a while (reforged AF/relic->Yorcia Alluvion armor->Escha Zi'tah->some Escha Ru'Aun). Throw in some High tier battlefields with useful, but rare, items, and it was challenging but lonely few weeks.

I'm all caught up now (or as of taking a break this past September), but without much handholding it can be a struggle to come back from what is essentially level 99- you'll be soloing for a while. With more mage gear, I think a returning RDM can make a more modest contribution to content- melee has always been a tough sell, and even tougher when your gear isn't up-to-date.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Thanks Ketaru, that's exactly my point.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post

which staff is that?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html