Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Fishing is a craft!

Why is it so difficult to level fishing? We are lucky to get the right fish to bite 50% and then about 10% of the time you catch the fish do we get a skillup.

WHY???
    Either give us some better options on fish to catch or increase the skill up rate. I can level any craft in 5% of the time I have to invest in fishing.

Are there still that many fishing bots that you have to make fishing so extremely difficult to level?
    (0)

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It used to be 8 hours for 0.1 exp roughly. So, I have a hard time complaining. I have mixed feelings. Everything is very very much easier than it was.

There are memories I wouldn't have if the game was as easy as it is now, back then. You don't get to have sense memory about places that you zoom through now (where hearing the background noise of someplace invokes a flood of sensations and emotions that you were feeling at the time). Part of fishing is the length of time spent staying in one place.

Also, there is a running joke in ffxi about fishing being something that people spend a large amount of time on for little reward.
    (0)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't remember fishing being any slower than it is now. But my point is that ALL other crafts are 100 times easier to level.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Please stop trying to make everything so easy.

Yes, there are a lot of botters still, infact the game is littered with people using all kinds of cheat tools and 3rd party apps.

You can increase the rates of skill ups with the current rings available in-game which I believe also stack (if my memory serves me correctly).
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Please stop trying to make everything so easy.

Yes, there are a lot of botters still, infact the game is littered with people using all kinds of cheat tools and 3rd party apps.

You can increase the rates of skill ups with the current rings available in-game which I believe also stack (if my memory serves me correctly).
    Why should they not want something, that, as it stands now, is useless to be easy? Maybe when it was good for gil the time it took was justified, but now it's mostly worthless so why not?
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 11-02-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Why should they not want something, that, as it stands now, is useless to be easy? Maybe when it was good for gil the time it took was justified, but now it's mostly worthless so why not?
    Worthless? It still is good for gil. If you do your research, you would know this.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by esmrambo View Post
    I don't remember fishing being any slower than it is now. But my point is that ALL other crafts are 100 times easier to level.
    Having leveled like 6 110 fishers and about 6-7 crafts to 110 that's a huge exaggeration. Before the recent update that greatly increased under 70 crafting skill increases the 2 were pretty close in time spent now obviously lower favors crafting but nowhere near 100 times. And higher is still harder and materials can be hard to come by/expensive and you often have lvl subcrafts so overall it's not that different. Remember though crafting will always always be potential faster to compensate for the fact you have to pay to craft.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Worthless? It still is good for gil. If you do your research, you would know this.
    Could always read what I posted properly first.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Could always read what I posted properly first.
    Define "Mostly"?

Most good food in the game contains fish, and some fish sell for 40-50k each on my server.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There's not one fish that sells for 50k because it's a food. The only 2 I can think of that sell for a good price are pops for HELMS. Liks/Gugs/Matsya/lolungfish.

ONE, whole "good foods" use fish. Sublime.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast