Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    There's not one fish that sells for 50k because it's a food. The only 2 I can think of that sell for a good price are pops for HELMS. Liks/Gugs/Matsya/lolungfish.

ONE, whole "good foods" use fish. Sublime.
    There are a lot more than 2 that sell for a good price. Duskcrawlers sell for 200k each on my server, and I caught just under a stack in an hour. That's just one of many I know of.
    Gugs - 40k each
    Lik - 30k each
    Matsya - 100k
    Duskcrawler - 200k
    Black Sole (Stack) - 60k

I could go on, but you get the idea...
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    There are a lot more than 2 that sell for a good price. Duskcrawlers sell for 200k each on my server, and I caught just under a stack in an hour. That's just one of many I know of.
    Gugs - 40k each
    Lik - 30k each
    Matsya - 100k
    Duskcrawler - 200k
    Black Sole (Stack) - 60k

I could go on, but you get the idea...
    Could you really go on? Because you say a lot more listed 1 more Vae.... and one of those was allude to in the sublime sushi thing.

Should also note that a lot of those don't sell very often and it's server dependent prices.

For example what you listed over here on Shiva

Gugs- 20k each but sell at an average of 1 per day.
    Lik - Also 20k each but sell more like a whole 8 per day.
    Matsya- Actually better over here at 150k each and supposedly 14 per day though some of that seems to just be a spike because of a bunch of recent sells
    Duskcrawler- 100k ~9 per day.
    Black Sole- 20k a stack only 2 stacks sold a day

Should note that with the except of Matsya on my server everyone of these fish have currently have enough up on the ah that if these buy rates continue and no new ones get put up it will take a good week or 2 for them to be bought out. So good luck being a significant portion of those few sells per day without causing a downward spike in prices. Exceptions of course finding buyers or crafting your own sublime
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 11-05-2016 at 05:30 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Could you really go on? Because you say a lot more listed 1 more Vae.... and one of those was allude to in the sublime sushi thing.

Should also note that a lot of those don't sell very often and it's server dependent prices.

For example what you listed over here on Shiva

Gugs- 20k each but sell at an average of 1 per day.
    Lik - Also 20k each but sell more like a whole 8 per day.
    Matsya- Actually better over here at 150k each and supposedly 14 per day though some of that seems to just be a spike because of a bunch of recent sells
    Duskcrawler- 100k ~9 per day.
    Black Sole- 20k a stack only 2 stacks sold a day

Should note that with the except of Matsya on my server everyone of these fish have currently have enough up on the ah that if these buy rates continue and no new ones get put up it will take a good week or 2 for them to be bought out. So good luck being a significant portion of those few sells per day without causing a downward spike in prices. Exceptions of course finding buyers or crafting your own sublime
    Yes I could list more, but I'm not going to as I'll leave the rest for others to figure out. It's about the market and what is moving or not.

Gugs and Liks drop the KI for the Ebisu rod, they sell fast, always have done for me. A lot of players opt to nominate a high level fishing player and bulk buy from them, rather than through the AH too.
    Where did you get your information from? In-game or on ffxiah.com? (which in many respects is broken - it misses a lot of information/sales from the AH).
    The numbers you quoted are pretty good if you ask me, 9 sales per day is better than a lot of stuff.
    Matsya drop KI for crafting cape, and again people will also nominate a player, rather than go through the AH.

You are a level 110+ Fisherman?
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You listed everything that I already listed for you. *shrug*.

Define "Mostly"?

Most good food in the game contains fish, and some fish sell for 40-50k each on my server.
    There's not one fish that sells for 50k because it's a food. The only 2 I can think of that sell for a good price are pops for HELMS. Liks/Gugs/Matsya/lolungfish.

ONE, whole "good foods" use fish. Sublime.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 11-05-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You listed everything that I already listed for you. *shrug*.
    Ahh it's Vae again, the 'know it all' with the constant sarcastic comments towards SE.... (I'm surprised they haven't banned you from the forums yet)...

Let me just ask, what level fishing are you? Are you even in a position to comment?
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 11-05-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ahh it's Vae again, the 'know it all' with the constant sarcastic comments towards SE.... (I'm surprised they haven't banned you from the forums yet)...

Let me just ask, what level fishing are you? Are you even in a position to comment?
    110 fishing (+ stall + all gear + torque + rope + shawl) on "multiple" accounts.

But it's not about me, it's about fishing. Fishing as a "craft" doesn't exist. Fishing as a money maker for HELMS is better than nothing. Fishing has never been anything other than what you do while afk. And sparks farming completely destroys that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 11-05-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Yes I could list more, but I'm not going to as I'll leave the rest for others to figure out. It's about the market and what is moving or not.

Gugs and Liks drop the KI for the Ebisu rod, they sell fast, always have done for me. A lot of players opt to nominate a high level fishing player and bulk buy from them, rather than through the AH too.
    Where did you get your information from? In-game or on ffxiah.com? (which in many respects is broken - it misses a lot of information/sales from the AH).
    The numbers you quoted are pretty good if you ask me, 9 sales per day is better than a lot of stuff.
    Matsya drop KI for crafting cape, and again people will also nominate a player, rather than go through the AH.

You are a level 110+ Fisherman?
    So basically no you can't. If you could you wouldn't have just repeated the same ones already stated. This is the internet you can't make a claim and then say oh trust I can't tell you the "proof" but it's definitely there /wink

ig/ffxiah. Hard to find all bazaars ig and can't track it at all and ig has more limited ah history. I mean it's not nothing sure... and yes if you can get direct buyers it gets somewhat better. But you are still dealing with limited interest that fluxuates. Have I done really well finding a buyer trying to make an ebisus? Sure have. Have my liks and gugs rotted because no one was making them sure have especially after overall interest in fishing itself went down/more ebisus were out there to catch those fish. But I can also just go out and get farm some sparks for an hour to compare to that days worth of selling and whatever time spent actually fishing. Then use the merits to spam a few HTBF for even more gil. All while getting cp. Heck spamming ambuscade is often even better gil... or salvage. Certainly more attention driven but not horrible.

Currently 3x 110+ fishing accounts ebisu on all with +1 on main. Had another account with 110 and ebisu. A couple of the mules on my main account are also 100-110. Been doing it for serious since fishing trumpets to craft into rings to npc was a thing lol. A combination of nerfs to fishing, increases to other ways of making money and a rather large uptick in how much gil I want to spend drove me out
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 11-06-2016 at 06:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2