Character
    Fermande
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Important question about Gorpa-Masorpa (Ambuscade NPC)

Why do we still have to trade each upgrade item one-by-one? For someone building three capes, that's 160 individual trades required! I have a hard time believing that it's impossible to make it so we can trade the Abdhaljs Thread/etc in bulk. Just let me trade 20 thread in a single trade and get 20 STR or DEX or whatever.

It's really inconvenient and time-consuming to have to trade these items individually.
    (8)

SE has said it's because it makes making regrettable mistakes harder.

I'd prefer regrettable mistakes, I hate 50 trades for a cape, 60 with max dye.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Can't you trade an item at any point and switch the augments for that item, or do you get locked into your augment when you've traded the max of an item?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Can't you trade an item at any point and switch the augments for that item, or do you get locked into your augment when you've traded the max of an item?
    Trading the item (Thread, Dust, Sap, Dye) to upgrade it does change the augment but resets process to 1 on that augment.
    Trading an Abdhaljs Needle, however, will allow you to change an augment path and keep process.

Either way, they could have just stuck to the previous style they had, 1 item to decide the path, then you can trade the remaining 19 in one go. Sadly tedium is what they went for with Ambuscade instead.
    (0)

Character
    Fermande
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post

I'd prefer regrettable mistakes, I hate 50 trades for a cape, 60 with max dye.
    Honestly, for me... trading even just one thing and taking the wrong stat ruins the whole thing because it means I can't max all the augments I want if I start over. I've already done that, and I still just ended up maxing out the wrong augment and fixing it with an Abdhaljs Needle. I'd much rather they just make more needles available to fix those kinds of mistakes, and let us trade in bulk.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fermande; 10-28-2016 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    TBH stuff like that makes paying to play this game seem like a regrettable mistake lol
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermande View Post
    Honestly, for me... trading even just one thing and taking the wrong stat ruins the whole thing because it means I can't max all the augments I want if I start over. I've already done that, and I still just ended up maxing out the wrong augment and fixing it with an Abdhaljs Needle. I'd much rather they just make more needles available to fix those kinds of mistakes, and let us trade in bulk.
    Agreed.

If this is actually how SE defended the decision to make them single trades - then it was a poor excuse. Because - as you pointed out - if the player messes up a single augment they are likely going to want to start over with a needle anyway. In fact, I would argue the opposite - and that making the player have to repeat so many trades makes it more likely the player is going to mess up. Not less likely.
    (0)