Thread: SMN Gear?

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

SMN Gear?

I am trying to get my SMN up there and not sure what pieces I should get. What are some builds that everyone one is using now days ?
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Let's see getting either AF / Relic / Empyrean to i119 is a start.

Grabbing an Arsay Sachet which raises your Avatar to 119 (Don't buy at the AH it's overpriced, there's a merchant in Juno who sells it cheaper) If you have 100 job points and can equip Su2 items go with the Sanctus Sachet (Available on the AH) which gives you reduced Blood Pact Delay and some other bonuses, if you have gil to burn go for the +1 version

Cape wise Conveyance cape with the best buffs you can manage on it (RNG in effect on this one) or appropriately buffing the Ambuscade cape will benefit you.

Rings anything that gives you mp and the Summoner ring for doing all the Avatar fights

I'm not super decked out though, anyone who has better knowledge on the high level gear than I do could give a better answer than me, but this is a good starting point
    (0)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Your first goal sets will be:
    Bloodpact Rage
    Bloodpact damage gear, AF or Empy 119 body. Apogee or merlinic pieces, Ambuscade Cape, Varar Ring, etc. Stuff with MAB for pet and BP Damage on it. Helios is often a poorer choice, skip it.

Bloodpact timer
    You want to cap BP timer and BP timer II. This will largely be Relic 119. You will also need job points to get two tiers of -5II, and side stuff like sancus sachet, conveyance cape, and espiritus.

Cap -perp then stack on refresh. dream piece for this is nirvana, but you have options for -5 perp in weapon if you do digging.
    branch out to -perp/favor from this set

+skill
    All the summoning magic all the time. Good for midcast on ward buffs. other option is full empy set for the set bonus.
    (0)

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So I almost have all the NQ Apogee set with swaps outs on Merlinic my BP DPS for Flaming crush is anywhere from 18-45k. . . . Is that normal is there anyway to get more uniform numbers ?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    So I almost have all the NQ Apogee set with swaps outs on Merlinic my BP DPS for Flaming crush is anywhere from 18-45k. . . . Is that normal is there anyway to get more uniform numbers ?
    You're gonna get the random numbers for a lot of reasons: Resist, Multi-Hit Missing, and server lag. With higher ACC and MACC that you'll get with JP gifts and such you'll find that you'll miss less. But I find most of the time latency is one of the main things that causes the downward spike.

A few other things you could look at getting as well for your Flaming Crush set, if you haven't already, are the Fervor Ring and the Esper Earring. But I can't say too much because I'm still lacking in some of the gear parts.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Varar rings are better.

You are most likely having acc and resist issues. Eat the acc/macc daifuku and push for a cor or geo on mid to high level content.

With apogee gear our biggest weakness is we are relatively acc/macc starved, you need to make that up.
    (0)