Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Feedback on Existing Bonus Campaigns

Hello, everyone!

Each month we’ve been cycling through a variety of different campaigns that focus on different content and aspects of the fun present in Vana’diel. I’d like to use this space to collect feedback on your favorite campaigns thus far, as well as which you’d like to see make a return soon.

Additionally, feel free to provide feedback for aspects you’d like to see improved for campaigns that have taken place in the past as well!

Based on the comments here, we’ll be working with the development team to determine which campaigns are implemented in the near future!
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The campaigns are lovely. But stop stacking them so that one stays active at all times. CP bonus doesn't happen often enough, other than that, good stuff.

Make trust ALWAYS available, no more campaigns for them.

Change #dials to be -useful- *chances* aren't good enough. double 1% isn't something anyone should be getting excited about.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 10-22-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Change #dials to be -useful- *chances* aren't good enough. double 1% isn't something anyone should be getting excited about.
    Dials are useful, you WILL get good stuff from them with persistence. But they can't just change it to "get a free 119 item every day" or there wouldn't be a lot left to do in the game before long.

- my feedback -

I love the unity dial campaign
    I love the increased gear from gobbie box campaign
    I love the nyzul isle get random stuff from ??? gear campaign
    I love the increased loot from Hard Mode battlefields campaign
    I love the stronger trust campaign
    Double exp and CP are awesome
    Meebles campaign is okay but it needs to be somewhat better

I don't care about most of the other campaigns... if one of the ones I mentioned was running at all times I'd probably be subbed more.

My biggest complaint is the gap between campaigns, I really don't see any reason why the campaigns only cover 2/3 of the month...
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    CP bonus is sorely needed, realistically it needs to be dropped from the campaign and just made a full-time thing then you can use the campaigns for the others, though try not to do too many at once, maybe something like:

1:
    Vagary Campaign
    Dark-Matter Campaign

2:
    Bonus Bayld Campaign
    Wildskeeper Campaign

3:
    Gaes Fete Campaign
    Abjuration Chest

4:
    Voidwatch Campaign
    Nyzul Isle Uncharted Mystery Item

5:
    Campaign Festa
    Additional Seal Campaign

6:
    Unity Wanted Campaign
    Double Unity / Sparks Campaign

Maybe make them follow a yearly pattern so you know what's coming.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 10-22-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Character
    Tychefm
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Every Campaign without a Capacity Point Campaign leaves ALL of my friends and linkshell members severely disappointed. It would be great to have this one included every time. Leaving us months without one is just painful.
    (5)

Character
    Paridise
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This is too far stretched. Player do something for a week after update and after that it's over. 10 days a month is too short on cp. yearly would be play lose, more quitting.
    (4)
    Paridise
    BYE BYE Carbuncle Hello New World
    99 ALL JOBS
    2100 BLM SCH BLU SMN RDM COR

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    CP bonus should be the most frequent and is absolutely the most important campaign. In my opinion, the most important campaigns are:

-Vagary - No amount of crafting materials would be too much when the HQs are so good.
    -Unity Wanted - Double coffers are very welcome when the RNG gods are against you.
    -Gaes Fete (Reisenjima) - A lot of the NMs are pretty challenging so a small chance to get lucky is very welcome.

I think these should occur frequently. Campaigns for the following should happen once in awhile but are less needed I think:

-Voidwatch - Automatic capped lights are the only thing that make this event worth doing.
    -Incursion - Likewise, this event is only worth doing with 100% grand coffers.

Thanks for taking feedback Camate.
    (5)

I personally dislike campaigns - they make an already easy game much easier - and would prefer they disappear altogether. Many of the campaigns act as temporary "fixes" to areas of the game that are unpopular and require updates to make them more appealing on a permanent basis (Voidwatch, Wildskeeper Reives, Vagary), but if I had to choose a favorite among them it would probably be the XP/CP campaign as it benefits absolutely everyone and probably gets the most people to spend time playing the game, socializing with each other.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    I personally dislike campaigns - they make an already easy game much easier - and would prefer they disappear altogether. Many of the campaigns act as temporary "fixes" to areas of the game that are unpopular and require updates to make them more appealing on a permanent basis (Voidwatch, Wildskeeper Reives, Vagary), but if I had to choose a favorite among them it would probably be the XP/CP campaign as it benefits absolutely everyone and probably gets the most people to spend time playing the game, socializing with each other.
    I disagreed with you as I began to read, so I'll highlight the important (and imo, correct) point in your post for anyone else.

I like that Frog Ambuscade VD gives nearly a full JP with np CP bonuses. Been wanting that for a while. I'm with detlef and Diavolo on more-common/permanent CP campaign, but that's primarily because most content gives lackluster JP.
    (3)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 10-22-2016 at 06:14 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    The purpose of the campaigns is to highlight specific contents in the game due to the fact that there aren't enough players to regularly populate all of it. So rather than trying to spread everyone too thin or keep them on the one thing that's basically always good (ambuscade), you have campaigns that promote specific content so that people who actually need to clear that content can find people to do it with.

If you have a better idea on how to do that other than boosting loot/rewards on a temporary basis, we're all ears.

and yeah. CP campaign (EXP doesn't have to accompany it) needs to be at least every other time. Vagary campaign needs to show up more and be more attractive. I just want to finish an empyrean upgrade but I can't get the final two areas cleared because nobody does it and you need a decent number of people.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-23-2016 at 01:40 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast