Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Poooty
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    As far as CP goes personally, I'd be happier if they increased/removed the CP/kill cap of 65335. -_-;;
    If the cap is 65535, then I think SE increasing the cap beyond this value is going to be more effort than it's worth. I don't want to talk too much about programming in these forums, but that said, I will leave a clue as to why I think this is true: the highest value that can be represented in a 16-bit integer is 65535.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooty View Post
    If the cap is 65535, then I think SE increasing the cap beyond this value is going to be more effort than it's worth. I don't want to talk too much about programming in these forums, but that said, I will leave a clue as to why I think this is true: the highest value that can be represented in a 16-bit integer is 65535.
    That's probably a relic from the PS2 days. They didn't want to assign too much memory to this value that they had no intention of ever getting anywhere near, so they just left it at 65535.

But now that there are no more consoles... they COULD change the variable type which would increase the cap, but I'm not entirely sure what all that would entail.

But seriously... why does someone need more than 65535 XP? You can't get two Merits from the same kill because once you get Merit #1, it will always stop 1 limit point shy of the next Merit, which means the most you could ever actually receive from one fight is 19,999 despite what your chat log says.

And if we're talking CAP, then the same thing is true there, only its 59,999.

Even if you got 100k CAP in one fight, if JP works like XP Levels and Merit Points do, you're only going to get credit for 59,999 at most.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooty View Post
    I know about the 16-bit value and have always assumed that was the cause. I'd say this is worth the effort however because there are now mobs that can give more than half of that off a single kill.. When the system was implemented, there weren't any 130+ mobs running around to CP on. There are now, and they system should be updated to allow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    That's probably a relic from the PS2 days. They didn't want to assign too much memory to this value that they had no intention of ever getting anywhere near, so they just left it at 65535.

But now that there are no more consoles... they COULD change the variable type which would increase the cap, but I'm not entirely sure what all that would entail.

But seriously... why does someone need more than 65535 XP? You can't get two Merits from the same kill because once you get Merit #1, it will always stop 1 limit point shy of the next Merit, which means the most you could ever actually receive from one fight is 19,999 despite what your chat log says.

Even if you got 100k CAP in one fight, if JP works like XP Levels and Merit Points do, you're only going to get credit for 59,999 at most.
    Not talking about EXP, only CP. And while EXP/merits do technically cap out per kill (and prevent gaining 2x merits per kill,) CP/JobPoints do not. If the display says 65335 CP, then you actually gain the full 65335 CP, or ~2.5JP. I've verified this myself in-game, so I know this for a fact. The issue I take with this is that there are existing mobs that give 30k+CP/kill w/o any chain bonus, and it caps out on those really quickly. The cap also greatly decreases the benefit of CP campaigns, rings, etc. If you are already capping out during a chain, pop a ring, kill the next mob (which would be 65335 w/o ring) then you get the 65335 and your ring buff goes poof. It gets consumed even if you are getting literally zero benefit.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 02-18-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So we all know for sure the month of May is double Capacity points campaign because of the "Return Home To Vana'diel" thing.
    I'm really hoping that when double Capacity points starts, it lasts until the end of the month like the other campaigns and not for only 7-10 days.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    So we all know for sure the month of May is double Capacity points campaign because of the "Return Home To Vana'diel" thing.
    I'm really hoping that when double Capacity points starts, it lasts until the end of the month like the other campaigns and not for only 7-10 days.
    Not a chance, it'll be for the Return Home only. Seems they asked so they could avoid the popular one.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 04-10-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Not a chance, it'll be for the Return Home only. Seems they asked so they could avoid the popular one.
    More like they should have included a disclaimer for "other than EXP/CP campaigns." XD It's impossible for them to not know that EXP/CP are going to be popular/in-demand, so it's more likely that they were looking for which of the other campaigns we want.

Mog Garden, Wanted Dial {Yes, please.} ^^
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Super late here but I doubt it's a ps2 thing since xp/limit points go higher

And I've definitely gotten more than 1 merit per kill. When xp campaign is on I go from 0 to capped merits in by chain 40 or so. If I could dump merits and keep chain would be even faster. And doing somethings that give bursts like that on lower chains (MMM is pretty good for that) have definitely watched myself get multiple merits. I've only personally seen the limit for actual lvls
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 04-12-2017 at 02:33 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Double Synthesis Skill Increase Campaign - Stop doing this. It devalues peoples commitment/time from leveling crafts before and it just feels awful to have to feel encouraged to power level crafts through a week or two of a campaign.

Dark Matter Arcane Glyptics Campaign - STOP doing this. It punishes new/returning players and just power creeps veterans gear further above new/returning players. It's bad for the game 100%. STOP IT.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Double Synthesis Skill Increase Campaign - Stop doing this. It devalues peoples commitment/time from leveling crafts before and it just feels awful to have to feel encouraged to power level crafts through a week or two of a campaign.

Dark Matter Arcane Glyptics Campaign - STOP doing this. It punishes new/returning players and just power creeps veterans gear further above new/returning players. It's bad for the game 100%. STOP IT.
    So.... you are against giving new players a leg up on crafting, but yet you are against keeping the veterans in power.... double standard, much?
    (3)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So.... you are against giving new players a leg up on crafting, but yet you are against keeping the veterans in power.... double standard, much?
    ^ I agree. Players old and new should be able to have a chance for these campaigns. This gives returning players a chance to catch up some while taking advantage of these campaigns that come around once in a while. Shiyo, I don't get why you're complaining about it. If you're a returning player, you should be happy for this kind of stuff. You may not get another chance again for another 1-3 months
    depending on the type of campaigns they focus on for each month
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 08-05-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast