Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The game is now easier in all ways ; XP levelling, RME weapon building, travelling, soloing (with Trusts), earning money, clearing missions, etc. etc. And so it only makes sense for Crafting skill-ups to have been made easier too.

We believe that the game was made easier to attract returning players, who may have quit because the game was too difficult / time consuming in the old days. And to attract new players, who may be used to the easier type of mainstream games.

My view on all this now is that I am so very happy that I can still log in to FFXI, I can still spend time in Vana'diel, the only world I truly love. If making the game easier has attracted new or returning players and their subs, and if this has helped to keep Vana'diel online, then I think this is a good thing.

If people want to level quickly, either jobs or crafts, and they are paying subs to take part in these things, then this helps to keep FFXI alive, and it means I can spend time in Vana'diel. Ultimately I win, because being able to spend my time in Vana'diel is more important to me than how fast other people are making their progress in the game.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 08-06-2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Brevity.

Player
    It should be noted that there isn't any significant effect from the crafting campaign on skillups for 1-60. As long as you are doing a correct recipe, you will get a skillup ~95% of the time normally, without any campaigns due to an update a while back. "Correct recipe" = Any recipe 9lvls or less below your current base skill, even better if you are 5lvls or less below since you also get skillups on breaks during that phase. I've leveled 9x crafts to 70+ and average .12 skillups per synth for 1-60, which drops to .1 for 60-70. It's really only 71+ that the campaign has any effect on.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It should be noted that there isn't any significant effect from the crafting campaign on skillups for 1-60. As long as you are doing a correct recipe, you will get a skillup ~95% of the time normally, without any campaigns due to an update a while back. "Correct recipe" = Any recipe 9lvls or less below your current base skill, even better if you are 5lvls or less below since you also get skillups on breaks during that phase. I've leveled 9x crafts to 70+ and average .12 skillups per synth for 1-60, which drops to .1 for 60-70. It's really only 71+ that the campaign has any effect on.
    As someone who has done a LOT of crafting, I would have to agree with this.

1-60 is guaranteed skillup (almost) with Kitron Macarons as long as Your Level < Recipe Level. Once you get TO the recipe level, you can easily go 3-5 levels above the Recipe before it really starts slowing down, and this holds true clear to at least 65.

For example, I leveled my main's Goldsmithing from 60-70 recently. I did Platinum Ingots which are Lv61 clear up until Lv67. 60-61 was a .1 every synth. 62-64 I would get a full level out of every 12 synths. 64-67 it slowed down, requiring 15-20 synths per level. I think 66->67 was like 24-28 synths, something like that.

I stopped at 67 and went to Platinum Rings, where I got a .1 every synth clear to 70, lol.

Now, once you get above 70, it slows down drastically where you will want Ionis, Kitron Macarons and the whole works, and most importantly..... *drumroll* PATIENCE.

Being impatient will kill you even with these double skill campaigns. And in fact, the double skill campaigns don't make THAT big of an impact. I did my leatherworker 100-110 on Aetosaur Gloves (102 IIRC), and half of this was during one such campaign. Now I'm doing my Woodworker on Guatambu Lumber (which is also 102 IIRC) and I'm getting roughly the same skillups, same synths-per-level almost. There's a mild difference, but hardly anything to get angry about. It is still going to take you ~40 synths per level, if not upwards of 50 either way when you get up into the 100s.

But your biggest toolkit is not some fancy campaign (which does help, but not as much as you'd think), is again, patience. My guatambu logs were free (I'm using ones that are harvested from my Mog Garden, lol). My Aetosaur Gloves required some time farming, but it wasn't that bad. A couple hours here, a couple hours there to farm the Squamous Hides, and it helps I was leveling at the time in Kamihr Drifts on the Raaz there for the Raaz Hides.

And I happily sell the loads of adaman ore I get out of my garden which I no longer need to people who are impatient. I've made millions doing this, and during the Escutcheon Rush, I sold ridiculous amounts of Darksteel Ingots, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 08-05-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Player
    Can we please get Excalipoor offered thru the login campaign again soon? I am missing it on the majority of my characters and I want it for all of them. o_o
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

So, I'm not sure exactly what this Omen Double Light-Up Campaign means. Anyone else that could give a slight bit of insight?

(Also, I don't get this Let's Go, Vana'diel Day thing either... I haven't notice a change on those days?)
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    So, I'm not sure exactly what this Omen Double Light-Up Campaign means. Anyone else that could give a slight bit of insight?

(Also, I don't get this Let's Go, Vana'diel Day thing either... I haven't notice a change on those days?)
    You get double changes to get the treasure room (only on boss runs) I believe.
    (1)

Player

The Omen Lights thing is a new campaign, so we don't have any solid info other than what's in the announcement.

Let's Go! day thing is going to be a small "fun" type event and we have to figure out what is going on.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

It's vague and/or slightly mistranslated so we got some educated guesses so we shall find out in a few days... maybe
    (0)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11