Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Whelp Aeonic gunna become super mandatory then given how much better honor march scales with +song. Assuming we get +1 on each armor slot that would put HM to around 110 acc, 440 att, ~27% haste. Wonder if that would be enough to full time it with marcato for even more goodness
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    I think first and foremost bard needs songs that effect pets, akin to corsair rolls.

This would probably be one of the biggest buffs to the job and make it playable again, as a LOT of the meta on quetz is certainly pet burning fights. Being able to have songs that have "pet: accuracy+" or "Pet: Attack+" or whatever would be plenty to get the job back on the party list.
    Another thing is giving mage songs. ballad is nice... but cor and geo can refresh AND give macc and mab and even increase the amount of magic dmg the mob takes. The days where brd could always find a home just buffing melee DDs is kind of gone and needs to be able to give meaningful buff the rest of the jobs in the game
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    "Your job is good and usable once you beat the hardest enemies in the game and finish the entire game".

No, that isn't how balance is supposed to work.
    (5)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Whelp Aeonic gunna become super mandatory then given how much better honor march scales with +song. Assuming we get +1 on each armor slot that would put HM to around 110 acc, 440 att, ~27% haste. Wonder if that would be enough to full time it with marcato for even more goodness
    You're in luck, All songs + will be +1 and on the hands slot only. Probably.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They talked using the "plural", which suggests multiple pieces.
    Maybe crafted stuff, with NQ and HQ version, very expensive. Oh joy... /sigh

Song+ in the hands or Head slot would be nice, but in the Body, Legs and Feet slot it would conflict with other items when it comes to duration.
    Let us not forget each "song+1" increases duration by 10%.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    "Your job is good and usable once you beat the hardest enemies in the game and finish the entire game".

No, that isn't how balance is supposed to work.
    Yeah, this. I mean come on. BRD shouldn't need the best endgame gear in the game to outshine a dunna GEO
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    They talked using the "plural", which suggests multiple pieces.
    Maybe crafted stuff, with NQ and HQ version, very expensive. Oh joy... /sigh

Song+ in the hands or Head slot would be nice, but in the Body, Legs and Feet slot it would conflict with other items when it comes to duration.
    Let us not forget each "song+1" increases duration by 10%.
    That conflict = conscious choice required. Always a good thing. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    SE told us some incorrect information recently when they tried to address the skill>acc and skill>att and magic skill>acc conversion rates.
    There were multiple errors in the original data they provided us too, most of which got corrected.

I didn't say it's necessarily a matter of them unawaringly giving us wrong values for Threnodies, I don't think that's the case.
    It's more a matter of elemental resistance - stat working differently from magic evasion- and that's quite clear to anyone who bothered testing Threnodies vs Languor and Frazzle.
    Most of us assumed that -50 Thunder to be the same as -50 magic eva, but working only on thunder related stuff.
    Quite clearly this is not the case.

So either there's something more at work there and we can't convert ele res to meva at a 1:1 rate (which is the most accepted hypothesys) OR the rate is actually really 1:1, but SE simply gave us wrong data for Thenodies.
    I consider the second hypothesys less likely, but who knows?
    What's for certain is that it's not 1:1 and Threnodies are much weaker than Languor and Frazzle despite affecting a single element.

Source: Sechs and all the people who participated in the three discussions concerning the issue on BG, FFXIAH and the official forums. I'm pretty sure you're skilled enough to use Google and find this stuff on your own if you really deem it particularly important.
    If you ever tested what we're talking about yourself I'm sure you wouldn't need to, so the question is: have you?
    So you told us SE told us that threnody values aren't equivalent to magic evasion debuffs, then when asked for the source you said things about magic acc skill to magic acc values which is on weapons mostly and has nothing to do with threnody itself, then claim SE tells us faulty things all the time and that they corrected it later, then you say it's certain out of thing air cuz you messed around with it and put forth 'you had a conversation with your friend about it'.

There's so many things wrong with all of that. You're claiming SE told us, but they didn't when you were asked to show your source. Then you both lean on the fact earlier saying SE told us, while at the same time saying that SE's information is unreliable in your new post. You were asked to give proof or source, and first it was SE told us, and now it's a conversation you had with a friend. Then you're shifting the burden of proof to me, when you're the one making the claim. And somehow you still got upvotes for it, amazing... yet your post actually says nothing.

And now that they do say they will buff bard, you're unhappy with it even though it's a boost to every song's potency and/or duration. Bard gets increasingly stronger as you gear it, for sure, but a topend bard "being equivalent to" a dunna geo as some here have said if you gear it up totally is strictly false. I'd agree BRD doing less for mages and nothing for pet jobs is a problem, however people seem to just accept bringing 2-4 geos now to cap all the stats they wish to and don't think of the number of things BRD can do as one person for the same party, in part b/c the other things they can do are less valued and this buff will make all those things more valuable. I think one reason is a lot of BRD's too don't actually do more than the buffs to the damage dealers, even though it can benefit supports and tanks at the same time. I think unwillingness to give threnody II any merit is also a big problem. And those aren't balance problems they are player problems.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hey welcome back to the thread. Can you please share the situations where you saw huge differences in magic accuracy with Threnody II?
    (2)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'd baselessly speculate that magic evasion also increases elemental resist but elemental resist doesn't increase magic evasion.
    (0)

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast