Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
So you told us SE told us that threnody values aren't equivalent to magic evasion debuffs
I don't think SE said that? I wish, but they didn't afaik.

you said things about magic acc skill to magic acc values which is on weapons
No?
I said that, unlike what most player thought, Elemental resist isn't the same as magic evasion but applying to a single element.
That's what most players believed for the longest time, that 10 thunder resist = 10 meva but for thunder only.
That's not true, as showed by the Threnodies values which are very far from the Languor numbers.
The "conversion" thing was about that, it was just an example.
1 Fire resist does not correspond to 1 Meva for fire based stuff, period.

then claim SE tells us faulty things
SE did tell us some wrong values with that data, but after players reported them, they got fixed.
The part about SE giving us "wrong threnodies data" was my mistake, which I already corrected many posts ago, quoting the original source.
SE never gave us threnodies numbers at all, they were found out by players through the in-game /equip menu, which displays elemental resist + and -

And now that they do say they will buff bard, you're unhappy with it
I'm sure we're all happy with it, it's just that while it's a very welcome change, it wont' "fix" the current issues bard is experiencing and, once again, they are fixing it through equipment, which is exactely the opposite of what every bard was asking for.
While BRD will surely be more desirable from now on, it hardly changes a lot in the grand scheme of support job balance.