Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Very nice perspective Afania.

I don't agree 100% with it but totally get what you mean. I imagine if you wanted to be more support-oriented, you would play geomancer or bard. Also, I've never really played cor and certainly never for personal dps.
    What happened is that atm community frequently use prebuff COR then just buff and drop. My last melee woc (when I was on tank) we even used 3 prebuff COR for 6 rolls.

If SE gives COR 3 rolls it'd just encourage community to continue with COR prebuff and drop, it's just that now we get 3 rolls per COR instead of 2 rolls so we can settle with 2 COR mules for 6 rolls lol.

IMO it doesn't solve any of the issue, nor make the job more desirable. To make the job more desirable the best way is to make the job stronger DPS so at least it has a reason to stay in the pt after buff.

In high lv melee pt this job is pretty bad when it comes to accuracy. Not just because of B ranked skill, but also due to the lack of top tier melee weapons. Melee DPS is also pretty bad compare with melee REMA DDs. Better acc also means better TP gain in high end content to setup skill chain with real DDs etc.

This job is never designed to be a full support job like GEO and BRD anyways. It's REMA are all DD weapons, and it's armors are mostly light DD armor. By comparison GEO and BRD has support REMA and mage gears.

Regardless, even without reisen melee weapon I feel the job is still just right in terms balance. Leaden SC fits in damn well in BLM setup, and COR savage blade build is still pretty strong as melee in terms of DPS. COR's support ability + it's DPS atm still outperforms using another job for the same slot most of the time from my experience, unless the pt is setup to do MB with elements that's not dark.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    What happened is that atm community frequently use prebuff COR then just buff and drop. My last melee woc (when I was on tank) we even used 3 prebuff COR for 6 rolls.
    It's pretty bad when people invite you to come play a video game to not actually play a video game.

How is this fun for people?
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    It's pretty bad when people invite you to come play a video game to not actually play a video game.

Those prebuff cors are pretty much always 2boxes. Most people (that matter) 2box.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yes, you clearly do not matter if you don't dual box.
    ..what?
    (3)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yes, you clearly do not matter if you don't dual box.
    ..what?
    Agreed a silly thing to say. That said, Yes, no one is going to ask someone to come to buff and nothing else, they duo-box the COR.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

They do that with mules/secondary accounts, not with real players of course

The amount of people who multibox in this game is quite insane, I dunno why it is that way, I've been playing other MMOs and I've never seen it to this extent :x
    Not all people do it just for the benefits, someone really seems to be enjoying it.
    (I don't multibox btw)
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

I really appreciate the helpful and polite discussion here. It seems like there is a lot of support for bringing bard up closer to GEO.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I really appreciate the helpful and polite discussion here. It seems like there is a lot of support for bringing bard up closer to GEO.
    Think people like geos current strength in a vacuum but hate how it completely overshadows other jobs primarily defined by their buff/debuffs such as brd or rdm. Cor gets lucky due to it's somewhat unique ones but the rolls that do share similar roles also get overshadowed.
    (1)
    Last edited by Urmom; 11-05-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Think people like geos current strength in a vacuum but hate how it completely overshadows other jobs primarily defined by their buff/debuffs such as brd or rdm. Cor gets lucky with due it's somewhat unique ones but the rolls that due share similar roles also get overshadowed.
    This is pretty inishgtful. I don't like or hate where GEO is at though. I think it was designed in a way that decimates where bard is at but that the buffs are necessary for first clears / first several clears and always welcome even if you grossly outgear something. If you're fighting Zi'tah t2 and grossly outgear it, you'll probably still take a GEO because it just makes things faster.

I'm fine with high end content requiring a buffer. I'm fine with it somethings requiring that buffer be GEO (some fights require a specific type of tank), the problem is that you rarely want the buffer to be bard, let alone is it required (besides sleeps).

I think GEO's main luxury over COR, where they overlap, is readiness (5 seconds into a fight, and the geo should be setup) and 100% reliability. Not just for a lack of bust mechanic but you always know Fury is going to give you X%.

Not complaining about bust, it's part of the job.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    They do that with mules/secondary accounts, not with real players of course

The amount of people who multibox in this game is quite insane, I dunno why it is that way, I've been playing other MMOs and I've never seen it to this extent :x
    Not all people do it just for the benefits, someone really seems to be enjoying it.
    (I don't multibox btw)
    I heard EQ player also DB a lot.

This game favors dualboxers, in terms of grind efficiency and content difficulty.

If you dualbox you make 2x amount of gil in htbc and ambuscade, if you 3 box you make 3x.

In endgame content NM HP scale with more people. So say if you make woc pt and invite real COR x2, BRD and to buff your pt and keep them in ally NM will ended up having 600k extra HP assuming adding 1 person = 200k+ HP. 600k extra HP is really a lot, and it increased kill time by a lot, thus increasing the chance of woc fucking the pt with bene/mijin etc.

On the other hand if you just roll with COR and BRD mules you get all these buffs without having to suffer from HP increase.

So far most of the melee woc pt that I know of, that managed to get 2-3 min kills are all using prebuff BRD and CORs. A lot of the strong PT using real COR and BRD ended up having 3+ min kills despite having top tier DDx4 in pt, probably due to HP increase while keeping them in pt.

Also not having to wait for people when doing lowman event is also a big advantage.

A lot of the endgame first clears on smaller servers are basically just 3ish multi boxers using scripts playing together because it's much faster to organize a pt and experiment efficient strats with less people. When you can log on with 2 other close friends and fill up 90% of ally to try hard stuff such as T4, you can make progress a lot faster than bigger endgame LS that needs to gear up 10 people and coordinate with 10 people for hard events.
    (1)

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast