Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, idris doubling the potency of some geomancy that are already slightly too strong is completely insane.

I played Geo. It's the most boring job I've ever played in FFXI.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Yeah, idris doubling the potency of some geomancy that are already slightly too strong is completely insane.

Fair enough but I think it is more productive to talk about how to fix bard not about how GEO is broken.

If you have ideas on how you think a NQ bard could be competitive with a NQ geo, please share them
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post

Then your playing it wrong. GEO is like a miniature RDM, there is a ton they can do other then just cast bubbles. We often unload haste duty to the GEO's to free up the healers along with Para / Slow / Dia II / Distract / Frazzle type stuff. They even make respectable backup healers and can go /WHM to remove status ailments if the fight is centered around those and thus freeing the WHM up for Cure / Curaga spam.

As for BRD, It's already been mentioned that the reason they are kinda of weak right now is that SE never updated the skill formula on BRD songs and therefor their cap is extremely low. Raising their skill cap to 900 along with raising the power scale on their highest tier buffs would go a very long way to improving them. Then make Threnody's potent and able to actually land and we've got a pretty solid support job. They will never be super important in magic centered fights but their utility in melee / ranged fights is already well established.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    "You're playing it wrong!"
    That's extremely rude and assuming.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Idris gets +10 to geomancy... make Ghorn give +10 to songs. Oddly that probably wouldn't even be enough
    (0)

Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Idris gets +10 to geomancy... make Ghorn give +10 to songs. Oddly that probably wouldn't even be enough
    +10 to songs would be more powerful than Idris, relatively speaking. The problem is that BRD songs don't scale like Geomancy does, and that Geomancy debuffs, last time I checked, were not resistable.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by PristineChicken View Post
    +10 to songs would be more powerful than Idris, relatively speaking. The problem is that BRD songs don't scale like Geomancy does, and that Geomancy debuffs, last time I checked, were not resistable.
    The sad part is that even if ghorn had songs+10, we'd still be the underdogs w/ weaker buffs that can be dispelled, and debuffs that can be resisted.
    Minuet V = atk+62, each song+1 gives add'l atk+4 (above +1, which oddly only gives atk+1.) So MinV w/ songs+10 would give atk+99. That is less than half what a Dunna GEO's Fury would give the average 119+ geared melee... People like to argue that you can stack songs, but the end result is that BRD is going to be inherently weaker than GEO when it comes to buffing, at this time. That same GEO could also toss out a Frailty and double up the atk difference. :/

The only solution is to give BRD an overhaul. Convert direct combat buffs to a percentage basis, raise the combined cap to 900, and scale it so that, in comparable gear, 2x songs = 1x bubble.
    (5)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PristineChicken View Post
    Do the math. Sure some songs would be neet particularly the unique ones. But most wouldn't hold a candle or don't matter much. The only real songs I could see that wouldn't still be inferior or inconsequential (ie no one is going to care if your marcato victory march is going to be 39% haste) is honor march which it wouldn't even apply to and Sentinel's Scherzo combined with earthern armor would become even more OP.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The sad part is that even if ghorn had songs+10, we'd still be the underdogs w/ weaker buffs that can be dispelled, and debuffs that can be resisted.
    Minuet V = atk+62, each song+1 gives add'l atk+4 (above +1, which oddly only gives atk+1.) So MinV w/ songs+10 would give atk+99. That is less than half what a Dunna GEO's Fury would give the average 119+ geared melee... People like to argue that you can stack songs, but the end result is that BRD is going to be inherently weaker than GEO when it comes to buffing, at this time. That same GEO could also toss out a Frailty and double up the atk difference. :/

The only solution is to give BRD an overhaul. Convert direct combat buffs to a percentage basis, raise the combined cap to 900, and scale it so that, in comparable gear, 2x songs = 1x bubble.
    This, all of this.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Don't forget that Songs +10 would be 72 more seconds of duration for Ghorn 99 buffs. That'd be pretty awesome... for pre-buffing and dropping.
    (3)

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast