Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    It really isn't. That means adjusting many escha mobs, many unm.

A few tweaks to songs, a new song or too and bard could be competitive. Make it desirable to keep the bard in group.

Either route requires effort.
    No single esha NM requires an idris to be killed. I have talked to people who have been farming them for months now. They say that you do not need an idris geo for them.

Only master trials are hard - and that's one tiny form of content they can rebalance.

This is embrava/pd all over again.

Idris needs to be nerfed to the ground. Like a 75% nerf.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-26-2016 at 02:33 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Nothing in the game requires a geo at all. Master trials might but who cares about that garbage.

However; ffxi does require 6 competent humans, which is impossible, so therefor if you cant get 5 competent humans, you *require* a GEO. And that GEO *needs* an Idris.

Idris(geo) makes up for weak players. The entire endgame is based around use of geo now.

If anything geo needs a buff. content 150 would be untouchable without geo to the 99%. (its still untouchable with a geo to the 95%)
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    ...content 150 would be untouchable without geo to the 99%. (its still untouchable with a geo to the 95%)
    150 clvl would be untouchable for 100% w/o geo currently. Meaning that I'm honestly not sure if it is even theoretically possible to cap accuracy w/ every player-provided buff currently... Is it possible to get 1890 effective accuracy right now? Because that is how much a lv150 non-NM would require in order to hit cap. >_>;;; NMs frequently have large evasion bonuses on top of the baseline as well, and I simply don't see us hitting 2000ish acc ever if any nerfs happened atm.

There is no need to nerf anyone at this point. We should all be crying out for buffs for all (non-GEO/BLU) jobs instead of trying to tear other jobs down, especially when it makes the game that-much-harder in general whenever a support class gets whacked w/ the nerf bat.

For now, I'd say that BRD could be genuinely competitive if all our combat stat related songs were converted to a percentage basis, all songs had updated caps determined by 900 combined skill, and results were comparable to other support jobs at similar equipment levels.

I would personally rejoice if alllllllllllllllll of our myriad status-resist songs could be trimmed down to a single "resist all" with an easily noticeable resist rate.
    Song list in general could use some trimming tbh.. A 99BLM can still run into situations where using T1 nukes makes sense. A 99BRD will never run into a situation where using Paeon1 makes sense. ._.
    A pruning pass could also free up some precious spell space for new stuff as well.

I am all for turning Requiem into a helix-like debuff. As long as it can't surpass ~2k-3k/tick, so we can avoid SCH tears being shed while they passionately beg for nerfs. >.>
    (1)

Character
    Zetaking
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    truth the master trails nms evasion isn't even remotely that horrible (120~125Ilevel ish) heck there def isnt even that high(excluding that qudava >.<) its just there massive hp pools and there dmg output is like a 135's on fear and o/u fight anyhow, haven't done the odin alix one so cant talk there. personally im ok with the multiple resist songs and theronys tho i do think they should be extremely potent for being a single effect tho, at least 50% stronger that the mass versions geo has(aka languor and attunment). tho trimming stuff like paeon into say 2 spells that scale with skill that i could see as a good thing.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    However; ffxi does require 6 competent humans, which is impossible, so therefor if you cant get 5 competent humans, you *require* a GEO.

Kinda irrelevant to the topic but when I read statement like this I can't help but ask you one question, have you beat all of the escha NM without a GEO before?

Because if you haven't then that put you in the category that you described.
    (2)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If I team up with 4 incompetent humans, their incompetence doesn't rub off on me. So, yeah.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    If I team up with 4 incompetent humans, their incompetence doesn't rub off on me. So, yeah.
    Does that mean if you 6 box 6 char you can beat everything without a GEO?
    (2)

Regardless about how anyone feels about GEO being OP... the issue is that even a dunna GEO offers more utility than most BRDs. Like my JSE bard is not going to be competitive for a slot against a JSE GEO with similar gear levels, it's just not. Nerfing GEO wouldn't make BRD better. It would still be the job that has weaker buffs (except Aeonic) that can be dispelled and weaker debuffs that can be resisted. This is the core issue.

So regardless of what happens with GEO, BRD needs a boost. Making skill matter, making buffs scale is the route I think is most likely to improve the situation. A couple new songs that benefit mages would also help.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    +Geomancy should probably be nerfed to 1/10th of it's current value, honestly.
    (0)

Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Nerfing Geomancy+ like you describe would make Idris and Dunna pointless as that is their main purpose/design. As it stands with capped skill and gear Base gives +50 Accuracy, Dunna gives +75 Accuracy and Idris gives +100 Accuracy, respectively.

Basically if it is nerfed to 1/10th, someone would go through a lot of effort to gain ~+5 Accuracy from base for making a Mythic (~+55 Accuracy for Idris, ~+51 Accuracy for Dunna). Which makes no sense and in no way will fix BRD.

I'm not sure if you have ever played GEO, but it is a fun job. I have played it pretty much since it came out and replaced my original main as WHM.
    (1)

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast