Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: BLU Balance

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    BLU had 10% magic haste at 75. It has 30% + MG now.
    (3)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortta View Post
    Um you do realize that trusts can caste Haste II right in your scenario of duoing/soloing content? *roll eyes*

I guess when we're all GEO for every single fight in the game it doesn't matter
    I guess when we're all mage strats for 90% of end game for years it doesn't matter

I'm not gonna throw all the jobs under the bus atm, but there are quite a few that do very well nowdays and not just BLU.
    So it sounds like this is a no-brainer. Blu has trusts like every other job, so removing haste from MG won't even be a nerf. Blu can call a Trust for haste like all the other jobs.
    (4)
    Last edited by kylani; 10-27-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Character
    Vashkoda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Of course blu can call trusts like every other job. The whole point of trusts is that they can make up for abilities and spells your own job lacks. People playing solo with trusts shouldn't even care about blu, especially since hey, you're solo, it's not like you have to compete against a blu for your trusts to invite you to a party.

Because I do have the suspicion that all this hate against blu really is about other melee jobs feeling inferior. They can try to justify themselves with "but...BALANCE!", but the game has never been balanced, and there have always been jobs that outperformed others. They can argue that MG is too strong, but it's not like no other jobs can cast haste II. They can complain that the PUG leader might pick a blu over their own melee job, but you can always just start a shout yourself. Most people who do runs with statics or shells actually do have a chance to play on their other melees if they have actually taken the time to learn them, gear them, and play them well, because the rest of the group have learned to trust them to do their job, The problem with PUGs is that they have no idea who you are or what you're capable of, so they err on the side of caution and ask for strangers to come jobs that have a simple role (do you have X spell?). And I'm not saying blu in regular play is simple, as it does take skill and time and gear, but for a fight that lasts 3 minutes (because I think all this complaining we're seeing pop up right now is really just from this month's ambuscade) the blu really doesn't have much of a role beyond "buff, ES, subduction, hit mob". So I'm sorry if your server's PUG leaders don't want your WAR, DRK, SAM, whatever, but why don't you try actually starting your own shouts? Or why don't you make some friends so you don't have to resort to shouting? If that seems impossible on your server, maybe change servers? I have friends who shout for PUGs all the time on Bismarck, and we have a good enough mix of jobs geared that we couldn't care less what dd they choose come on as long as they can actually hit the mob. And I'm sure you won't hear that dd job complain that one of us came on blu and used MG to make his own life easier.
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's obvious there is a fundamental disconnect, or straight up bullshitting going on here.

In the world of everything works fine and everyone is average or better, blu is nothing special. Blu is a meh DD.

In the world where the majority live, where people have uncapped acc. don't use food. join shouts with 0 macros. have subpar gear, blu is DEVASTATINGLY overpowered. That's the difference.

When you live in shout world, rdms dont haste you, geos dont have 900 skill, "dd" dont cap acc. There is more than one version of FFXI. This is where the arguments come from.

It takes more effort (not that ffxi takes more than the smallest amount of effort) to be a good not-blu dd. Blu is blindfold zero effort no macro easy to be amazing. (there are obviously terribadblu's though).
    (3)
    Last edited by Vae; 10-27-2016 at 03:06 AM.

Vae's post is probably the most unbiased post in the thread.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Protip: Vae is always right, always honest, never biased. I've been on both sides, played ENTIRELY too long.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 10-27-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    It's obvious there is a fundamental disconnect, or straight up bullshitting going on here.

In the world of everything works fine and everyone is average or better, blu is nothing special. Blu is a meh DD.

In the world where the majority live, where people have uncapped acc. don't use food. join shouts with 0 macros. have subpar gear, blu is DEVASTATINGLY overpowered. That's the difference.

When you live in shout world, rdms dont haste you, geos dont have 900 skill, "dd" dont cap acc. There is more than one version of FFXI. This is where the arguments come from.

It takes more effort (not that ffxi takes more than the smallest amount of effort) to be a good not-blu dd. Blu is blindfold zero effort no macro easy to be amazing. (there are obviously terribadblu's though).
    It's funny that BLU went from one of highest skill ceiling class to one of the lowest. If I was a BLU main right now I'd be agreeing with and starting huge movements to nerf my class so that it isn't so easy and bandwagoned.

Back in the day you had to use ALL your tools as a Blu, and use them efficiently and effectively, to be worth your slot. Now you just mash the CDC button and keep up a few buffs.

BLU mains seem to not care about that for some reason. The current state of BLU is an abomination and I have no idea why BLU mains are fighting to keep it in it's current state.
    (4)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 10-27-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    See, there are different kinds of people.

The blu "mains" don't want it nerfed so they can stay OP, obviously. They spent 500m on lawlmaceglow and zona, and don't want them to look stupid. REAL blu's want the scrubs off their job. Objective people just want to be able to play the dd they like and not feel like shit.
    (2)

Show me a video where the BLU you just described is demonstrating "devastating" power.

This helps put the entire issue into context and changes the discussion altogether.

I get criticized by my friend for doing this, probably because I'm usually quite blunt about it, but I'd suggest teaching those RDMs to keep Haste up, the GEOs to JP/gear up for 900+ skill and ensuring DDs can hit their targets before asking the development team to divert precious time into nerfing a job that, to quote you, "is nothing special" in a world where everyone is average or better.

Priorities and all that.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    LOL. so extra credits on youtube, just completely posted exactly the disconnect with ffxi. (using overwatch).

TLDW: Premade groups (ls's) vs pickups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEpeGSFQ1tM
    (0)

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast