Thread: BLU Balance

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I would say BLU is a bit more difficult than most melee to gear.

You need varying levels of TP sets (low/mid/high acc), dt sets, multiple ws sets. All this applies to every melee. You need Fast Casts sets (technically applies to every melee except probably sam, mostly NIN, RDM, DRK, BST, Other jobs for /nin, but nin isn't that useful anymore). Need a skill set (applies to DRK, RUN, RDM, NIN). You need an MACC set (DRK, RDM, NIN--butlol). BLU needs a healing potency set.
    You guys are exaggerating the gear set difference between BLU and other jobs. Anyone who gear their job seriously would have all of the sets you listed for their job, whether it's BLU or not.

For example on COR I have all of the sets that you listed and more: varying acc levels of TP sets for both melee and ranged(low/mid/high acc). I have 4 different dt- sets(physical/magical/hybrid melee/status resist), I have 6 different ws set for COR 6 primary ws(savage/leaden/wf/last stand/req/evis), I have FC set for /NIN and /mage, enhancing magic skill set for phalanx, stoneskin set, healing potency for cure III/Cure IV for /mage, I also have macc set for light and dark shot.

Oh and let's not get into JA sets, QD dmg and QD stp sets, different variation of roll sets(pdt- hybrid, or mp+ hybrid so you don't lose as much mp /mage when doing rolls), ranged crit-hit builds, waltz set for /DNC, refresh sets etc etc etc.

Anyways, my point is that anyone that plays their job seriously, regardless of which job would have massive amount of sets, it's not BLU only. We just see massive waves of BLU players on the forum carrying that many sets because some of the most vocal players in NA community are career BLUs, so they advocate 400 million sets on their favorite job. But in reality you don't need THAT many gear sets(regardless of the job) to do events. Like COR only need leaden/qd/roll set to do endgame, BLU certainly don't need conserve MP for everything people bring BLU for....you can build one if you love BLU, but you're not going to see massive performance difference between a BLU with conserve MP build and a BLU without.

Despite I have that many sets on COR, I'm not going to pretend my COR massively outperforms bandwagon DP3 COR with just roll/leaden/qd set in endgame, nor tell people "you need every sets that I listed or else you suck" like some people here.
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I meant to touch on that too. RDM has barspells and more practical spell costs (which isn't a huge concern in Escha).

Many people on both sides are reaching pretty far.

RDM would be a better kite-soloer but pretty sure that's laughably niche these days and SCH is arguably better though it lacks higher tiers of Frazzle and Gravity.

Yes, subduction, but blu spell costs and ranges make that idea laughable--before anyone says it.
    Admittedly I haven't actually look into ideal meva/mdef build of BLU/RUN with every JT/spell set v.s RDM/NIN casting barspells when it comes to magic dmg taken reduction. But even if RDM/NIN comes out as better job in terms of taking magic dmg with barspells, I highly doubt the difference is that huge to be able to claim RDM is way better solo job than BLU. Considering RDM can't aoe stoneskin for trusts and maintain DW like BLU could, I'm still not seeing RDM having a huge advantage over BLU, personally.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    You guys are exaggerating the gear set difference between BLU and other jobs. Anyone who gear their job seriously would have all of the sets you listed for their job, whether it's BLU or not.

For example on COR I have all of the sets that you listed and more: varying acc levels of TP sets for both melee and ranged(low/mid/high acc). I have 4 different dt- sets(physical/magical/hybrid melee/status resist), I have 6 different ws set for COR 6 primary ws(savage/leaden/wf/last stand/req/evis), I have FC set for /NIN and /mage, enhancing magic skill set for phalanx, stoneskin set, healing potency for cure III/Cure IV for /mage, I also have macc set for light and dark shot.

Oh and let's not get into JA sets, QD dmg and QD stp sets, different variation of roll sets(pdt- hybrid, or mp+ hybrid so you don't lose as much mp /mage when doing rolls), ranged crit-hit builds, waltz set for /DNC, refresh sets etc etc etc.

Anyways, my point is that anyone that plays their job seriously, regardless of which job would have massive amount of sets, it's not BLU only. We just see massive waves of BLU players on the forum carrying that many sets because some of the most vocal players in NA community are career BLUs, so they advocate 400 million sets on their favorite job. But in reality you don't need THAT many gear sets(regardless of the job) to do events. Like COR only need leaden/qd/roll set to do endgame, BLU certainly don't need conserve MP for everything people bring BLU for....you can build one if you love BLU, but you're not going to see massive performance difference between a BLU with conserve MP build and a BLU without.

Despite I have that many sets on COR, I'm not going to pretend my COR massively outperforms bandwagon DP3 COR with just roll/leaden/qd set in endgame, nor tell people "you need every sets that I listed or else you suck" like some people here.
    When I said a bit, I literally only meant a bit, which is why I covered other jobs that need similar sets.

Edit: on the other topic of rdm soloing, that was merely all I could think of. I don't see rdm melee soloing anything a blu can't.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 11-03-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Being the best solo job, being the best AOE job(by an astronomical amount) and being the best DD in most situations is pretty not ok.

The player base understands this, it's why you constantly run into BLU's all over the place and if it's the most played job.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Being the best solo job, being the best AOE job(by an astronomical amount) and being the best DD in most situations is pretty not ok.

The player base understands this, it's why you constantly run into BLU's all over the place and if it's the most played job.
    For the sake of discussion, why do you think a player would consciously choose to make a game such as FFXI more difficult than it needs to be by refusing to play BLU?
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    For the sake of discussion, why do you think a player would consciously choose to make a game such as FFXI more difficult than it needs to be by refusing to play BLU?
    Simply for the sake of discussion. Playing the same job all the time for every event because it's so clearly better than the rest of the choices is extremely boring. FFXI was founded on the ability to use any job without making a new account.

Just think if you couldn't change gear anymore, that's basically what BLU is doing.
    (4)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Why do we need more than one DD, tank, or healer job?
    (4)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Stamos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Difference from what you're saying and what I am saying is, the gear I am stating is for the main job. You're bringing up sets for different sub jobs. I am exclusively talking about BLU main only.

As for RDM being better solo, I was under the impression we were talking without trusts. With trusts BLU will be better than RDM.

The whole AOE nuking thing is something BLU has going for it, but I believe it is designed that way because almost all of BLUs nukes are Aoe and they can only be MB'd once every two minutes. Once again, it is not the best solo job. Certain People keep just throwing random things out there without any facts(Not Afania).
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Why wouldn't I use a strategy guide?

Why wouldn't I use cheats?

Why would I ever play on a difficulty above "easy"

Humans gravitate towards the easiest way to do things, but it doesn't mean you HAVE to.

It also shows that a job is completely broken when it's the first logical/best choice in SOOO many situations.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-03-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Humans gravitate towards the easiest way to do things, but it doesn't mean you HAVE to.
    Yes, they do, but you haven't. Why not play a job you described as being godly?
    (0)

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast