Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: BLU Balance

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Some of the best players I met only use equipsets, what you're talking about is mostly fear mongering and correlating things as if they cause one another. I am all for more varied content to hop around to, more things to do. SAM has been top dog more than once, but varied content wasn't the solution to any job dominating the scene ever, a strong job is strong in pretty much all content that's how it works, especially a job so versatile as BLU. Players complaining to make things easier is a constant theme in any games history or even democracy, I just don't want FFXI dumbed down because without challenge there's no reward. The have nots will want from the haves. Sometimes there is systematic reasons why a group is disenfranchised, job balance is actually part of that equation, sometimes it is justified. Other times, people just want things handed to them and made easier or to get stuff others already have for much less effort which happens anyway when content is phased out. In this instance, BLU is hurting job diversity and balance because it has too much power in one place. For a given DD class, the most I'd expect a balanced game to have is 2x the number of one job than another. As shown by the census earlier, it is over a 22x difference clearly there is a lack of incentive to play other DD and as shown it stems from power.
    (2)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    What census shows over x22? I'm really curious.

I literally only see bluemages every time I run by someone or see someone else in game. Every. Single. Time.
    (1)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Sorry to be more clear, the difference between the least and most used DD job, earlier in the thread I searched jobs on my server and how many were playing them at level 99. The last one showed BLU was 23.25x more played than DRG and was over 20% of the job population in total. While that shouldn't be taken as law and may vary from time to time and by server to a degree I wouldn't be surprised if that was close to the average since both times I did the report the numbers were very similar and whenever I look BLU is always at least 10-20% of the population when if all jobs were evenly distributed which probably shouldn't ever happen, it'd be 4.5%.
    (2)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, right now blue mage is an epidemic taking over the game. Doing /sea or simply running around and playing the game you'll see literally 20x the amount of blue mages than any other job you run across. It's actually really disturbing.

SE needed to do something about blue mage months ago, it's obviously it's been left alone too long.

I think if they just brought blue mages AOE down to the same plane of existence as every other jobs I'd be pretty happy. It's really not ok that a job can be top tier DD in groups, then go and be the best solo job and the best AOE job in the game.

Why wouldn't you play and be on blu literally 99.99% of the time like the entire player base is? It's good at basically EVERYTHING. You could be a solo casual player and you'd find blue mage very accessible/easy and the best choice for most things you do. You could be a end game player and you'd find blue mage the best choice for most situations you'd play a DD in. The job is just too good at too many things. That cannot exist in a MMO. It is hurting this game SO bad to have a job so broken and strong at so many things.

Please SE, I beg you, do something to fix blue mage. It is NOT ok to have a single job like this in a MMO. 100%. not. ok.
    (4)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 11-02-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well it hasn't even happened yet and everyone is already blowing MNK on ah.com so expect all those wagons to at least be off BLU for a couple days.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    It comes up frequently on other community forums and am rather surprised it hasn't been posted on the official forums.

In my LS and gameplay I frequently see people abandoning jobs they loved and played for many years to play BLU instead. The reasons for this are multiple, but in my view this isn't much different than when SAM were played so much and 1 hand jobs were given a boost, then too many THF were played and THF was nerfed and then too many people played BST and beast was nerfed. The balance needs restored again or the majority of players in the game might end up playing BLU as one of their active jobs, and that isn't very balanced at all especially considering most people can have time to gear and maintain 3 jobs to endgame levels at most. If this isn't enough proof, look at the number of almaces being made at a sickening rate.

I see its problems as these four points:
    1) It has huge aoe nukes, even better than dedicated nuking jobs like BLM. One reason BST was nerfed was it could farm experience points and job points so well, solo. Well, BLU can do this and much more.
    2) It has huge soloing potential. I feel one reason BST was nerfed was it could do solo VD battlefields. They can clear those with lots of temps, 1 hours, and high degrees of skill and still take over 10 minutes. BLU is soloing some VD fights in much less time.
    3) It can self haste cap, and needs less buffs. The director in the reddit AMA said they didn't want any job to be able to self haste cap as a DD as it is a group game, yet BLU can.
    4) It is extremely survivable while also doing great DPS, there is very little tradeoff.

I think this could be solved in a multitude of ways, but am sure SE is able to think of many ways themselves this could be solved. Here are some suggestions I do not expect to be implemented but hope the ideas can help:
    A) Nerf their AoE damage. A BLU shouldn't aoe for more than a BLM, let alone have status effects that go on with it that completely disables the entire crowd giving almost no risk even if you don't one shot them.
    B) Make them choose more between damage and survivability rather than having both at the same time. This could be accomplished with changes to things like barrier tusk, occultation, cocoon and other defensive spells or by increasing the point costs on extremely good defensive or offensive spells to make them have to choose their role more carefully rather than just be very good at everything. It also means BLU can just go all out and not worry about getting hate from the tank. In fact many setups won't even use a tank they just let BLU do it, and not even change their loaded spells to be more defensive at the cost of damage.
    C) Remove haste from MG, the biggest reason to require GEO or BRD in a party is hastecap for DD. As was stated in the AMA, this is a group game. This will also limit their solo potential some as they will be more limited in trusts as every other DD is.
    D) Compare their damage output to their versatility and utility, if a change in damage is needed then do it. Though it should be noted that the main draw of BLU isn't that it is the strongest DPS, it's that it is so good of DPS while the rest of this is true and that for the most part due to survival it is rather foolproof and easy to accomplish.

I apologize in advance for posting a topic that will likely require moderation due to flaring passions and people throwing insults around especially by BLU players who enjoy the benefits of the job and do not wish for a nerf, at the same time I feel this is a big issue in the game currently and feel it needs to be posted, the game itself suffers if there is a huge job imbalance and there most definitely is at all levels of play. I think there is a lack of challenging content in the game vs the overall content of the game, and feel it is a lot more work to buff a ton of jobs rather than nerf the one causing the problem. Nerfs do make some of the player base upset, but so does a game where balance problems are left unchecked. I'm sure some BST, THF and SAM quit as a result of changes, but at the same time I doubt it was many and for that same reason only. A new bandwagon job may eventually emerge, but that doesn't mean balance shouldn't be actively maintained. This issue is brought up time and time again on community websites because it is a very obvious issue to players and cause for concern.
    Sorry, but I have to move against the idea of nerfing BLU. Although I am not a career BLU, it does take a tremendous amount of time to gather and learn spells, compiling the right gear, and weapons. Also, I seen other jobs like RDM, BST, and DNC solo way better than BLU.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    Sorry, but I have to move against the idea of nerfing BLU. Although I am not a career BLU, it does take a tremendous amount of time to gather and learn spells, compiling the right gear, and weapons. Also, I seen other jobs like RDM, BST, and DNC solo way better than BLU.
    Ok, no, it doesn't. I can start a new account today, get every piece of blu gear, write all the macros, and get all the spells you need in less than a week. The only reason it would take more than one day is because you physically cannot enter reisenjima for a week or so.

Blu doesnt take any more or less effort than any other job (except whm). They don't get special treatment because you think its hard to learn spells.
    (4)
    Last edited by Vae; 11-02-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    I'm not seeing how RDM, or even DNC solo way better than BLU, personally. You're competing against a job that can cap magic haste solo, with massive physical/magic def, ability to /RUN without losing DW, ability to aoe adds efficiently, or aoe sleep adds, and native blink shadow without needing to /NIN, and ability to aoe stoneskin and buffer trust HPs.

RDM and DNC can only do a few of these things while BLU can do all.
    (5)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-02-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Why does any job have to be nerfed? All jobs should be re-evaluated, including the JP Gifts to bring them closer to the desirability of BLU.
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    No one can argue that the gifts for most jobs are complete junk compared to blu. (sch and blm being outliers).

Square does not understand simple concepts of balance, the answer is always nerf. And it is REALLY overdue. The sooner they get it over with the sooner we can focus on the next issue of superimbalance.
    (0)

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast