Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

FFXI mobile still a thing?

We haven't had any news on this in 6 months, it was supposed to be out this year, well there's not much of the year left. I don't mind if it's delayed, I just want an update on how it's doing.
    (3)

Would be nice to hear something official about it soon considering there's only a little more than two months left before the end of the year. Media blackout doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but something tells me they may want to keep details under wraps until the day it's released.
    (0)

Player
    Check this Reddit post.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes I've seen the Reddit post and the last thing added was 8 months ago. Which is why I'm asking if we can have some news since the 2016 release date is looking unlikely at this point.
    (0)

Player
    After I saw how FF15 goes (including circulating rumours about their development journey) and with SE too busy with KH3 and to top it off, FF7 remake (which is totally unnecessary from my part), I'm starting to have doubts myself. There's also FF14 which is one of franchise they currently putting their stakes on. Just hoping there would be update news real soon. Wild guessing, most resources would've sucked to those top priorities I mention earlier becoz there's much more risk on those franchise, especially since one of them tied with another big company.

No offense, FF11 still great game. In fact, IMO better than how FF14 goes currently. But I'm afraid demographic speaks for themselves. ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    After I saw how FF15 goes (including circulating rumours about their development journey) and with SE too busy with KH3 and to top it off, FF7 remake (which is totally unnecessary from my part), I'm starting to have doubts myself. There's also FF14 which is one of franchise they currently putting their stakes on. Just hoping there would be update news real soon. Wild guessing, most resources would've sucked to those top priorities I mention earlier becoz there's much more risk on those franchise, especially since one of them tied with another big company.

No offense, FF11 still great game. In fact, IMO better than how FF14 goes currently. But I'm afraid demographic speaks for themselves. ^^;
    The word on FFXI Mobile was that it was basically licensed and a different development company is actually doing all the work... Which means that nothing should be affected by SE resources.
    My guess? They are having technical problems with the multiplayer aspects (particularly skillchains), AND converting the UI for small touchscreens, (how the heck were they planning to deal with macro palettes? Targeting? Healing? >_<;; ), AND confused on how to effectively monetize it without destroying what little "real" FFXI feel might have been successfully recreated already. It's gonna be extremely unfun, for me at least, if it feels like I'm forced into RMT (even though the seller is the company itself.)
    (2)

Character
    Knightstrike
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 60
    as far as the mobile ver. it's not going to be the same as 11, I mean heck you wont be able to do a lvl 1 run from one of the starting cities to jeuno, and right after mait. I'll be doing just that, just for fun (without using mounts), I might go from Sandy to Jeuno then tele to Bastok then run to Jeuno then tele to Windy and run to Jeuno, just to see how long it takes on foot (I'll post on how long it takes me with how many deaths and restarts), that's how much I Love this game, I think it should stay on PC or at lest keep the PC going even if the mobile ver. comes out, I won't be playing on the mobile I Love the PC Vana'diel, thats my opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The word on FFXI Mobile was that it was basically licensed and a different development company is actually doing all the work... Which means that nothing should be affected by SE resources.
    My guess? They are having technical problems with the multiplayer aspects (particularly skillchains), AND converting the UI for small touchscreens, (how the heck were they planning to deal with macro palettes? Targeting? Healing? >_<;; ), AND confused on how to effectively monetize it without destroying what little "real" FFXI feel might have been successfully recreated already. It's gonna be extremely unfun, for me at least, if it feels like I'm forced into RMT (even though the seller is the company itself.)
    Outsourcing doesn't mean it doesn't affect main company since in the end, they do have to decide if this works or not. Not to mention alot of testing and mid-communication that I don't wanna bore you with. Company I work now does deal with outsourcing too, and it's still heckuva lots of works between internal and external. This is just my pov since I am living through those situations several times myself and it's not easy either. ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Outsourcing doesn't mean it doesn't affect main company since in the end, they do have to decide if this works or not. Not to mention alot of testing and mid-communication that I don't wanna bore you with. Company I work now does deal with outsourcing too, and it's still heckuva lots of works between internal and external. This is just my pov since I am living through those situations several times myself and it's not easy either. ^^;
    "Licensed" and "outsourced" are two different things. Outsourcing is having another party do your work for you and in your name. Licensing is giving permission for another party to use your property to do what they want to do with it, and they have to work within terms that you agree to let them do. Either way, this dev team probably wouldn't have any real control/influence on the mobile project.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They're not going to use all the mechanics and UI elements on mobile is the obvious answer. Macros aren't in use for Grandmasters, and they don't have to do the complication of skillchains and magic burst.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast