Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rdm Debuffs are so useless, why?

Paralyze II and Slow II getting resists on bosses the whole time, why are These spells so useless These days? any reason? do u plan to do something or do u think These buffs are so OP that they may not be used on bosses? u can remove them from game then pls and give rdms something else? oh yeah, i'll spam one spell x10, maybe ill get some immunobreaks and it'll eventually land, of Course, because that is so useful....
    (2)

Player
    I sadly agree with you... We have to do other stuff to do after we cast debuffs, we cannot stay going on forever on casting the same spell in hope it will inmunobreak, then land for just a few seconds, rinse and repeat
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 10-07-2016 at 01:12 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I think the bigger issue is how little they effect gameplay even when they actually land. Like just in sheer power level geo debuffs are miles ahead of everything else. And yet they are the ones that can't be resisted and the weaker ones constantly do and have tons of mobs with flat out immunity or immune without immunobreak
    (2)

I dont mind Geo having strong spells but I do mind rdm being totally left out, rdm has A+ enfeebling skill, so U CANT DO THIS.... What else can a rdm do in endgame? frazze, distract and refresh+haste, maybe some meele.... u could argue that is good enough but i hate like u nerfed the Primary spells into oblivion, immunobreak System sucks, it it bad because the resist rate is way too high, even with high mag acc
    (2)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceinwyn View Post
    I dont mind Geo having strong spells
    There is something very wrong with a job having some of the best debuffs AND them being guaranteed to land, as well as having the best buffs that can't be dispelled, oh and don't forget it's AoE.
    (2)

yeah it's really not balanced between RDM and GEO at the moment. RDM should be able to have debuffs that work.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceinwyn View Post
    I dont mind Geo having strong spells but I do mind rdm being totally left out, rdm has A+ enfeebling skill, so U CANT DO THIS.... What else can a rdm do in endgame? frazze, distract and refresh+haste, maybe some meele.... u could argue that is good enough but i hate like u nerfed the Primary spells into oblivion, immunobreak System sucks, it it bad because the resist rate is way too high, even with high mag acc
    My point wasn't so much the strength of geo spells in absolute terms as in comparative terms. Even if you switched around to where rdms were unresistable and geo was resisted normally they would still be overall better debuffers. Some of the debuffs need massive upgrade or at least some sort of equalizing. Not to mention how things that buff geo debuffs (gear jas) work at full potency on all the spells all the time while but gear that increases enfeebling effect doesn't work on all spells and saboteur doesn't work on all debuffs and is highly gimped against nms. Fewer jas that enhance debuffs fewer pieces of gear that enhance the potency and by much smaller amounts etc

As far as resist and immunobreak system... the immunobreak system is more of a symptom than the actual problem. It's a very poor work around/fix to an inherently broken debuff resist system. It's there way of making mobs that are immune but not completely immune. Ie things that no amount of macc or es or anything will allow you to land but if you spam the spell enough maybe you will get an immunobreak to give a small chance to maybe get a half resist. And that doesn't even get into the stupid outdated debuff nerf that ups resistance sharply with repeated casts which makes spamming for immunobreak actually make it harder to land in the end. Or the fact you can't get more than 10 immunobreaks on a mob and it can take 2 before you can land a spell. Or partial resists where even if you did manage to land it it might wear off in just a few seconds

If they made it more mechanically like geo spells as in no ability to resist and you can have good scaling of potency with skill it might end up being competitive and give a real reason to have your rdm doing the enfeebling magic instead of any job /rdm
    (1)
    Last edited by Urmom; 10-08-2016 at 02:04 AM.

I do think it is silly that geo-debuffs are irresistible when noone else's are, but lets be frank: the debuffs GEO are generally using are stronger than what anyone else even has. (Frailty is much stronger than Dia III, with upkeep being much easier, Vex and Malaise are in classes all their own) I've never seen anyone ask a geo for slow or paralyze. It's nice when "Hey, Meteor got paralyzed" but it's nicer when the raid knows they're going to take minimal damage from it because of Vex.

I don't know if they can make using these debuffs desirable again, but I do know that the spells (Paralyze, Slow, Blind, Addle) already have the mechanics in place within their calculation to make having a well-geared RDM preferential to someone's refresh mule.

Maybe RDM needs a trait that makes their spells unresistable. 5 years ago, it would be ludicrous to say that, but GEO got it.
    (2)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Maybe RDM needs a trait that makes their spells unresistable. 5 years ago, it would be ludicrous to say that, but GEO got it.
    Unresistable might be a bit much to ask. But maybe having a trait where Enfeebling Magic bypasses immunity so all RDM has to overcome really is M. Evasion. That way, there is no need to completely scrap the Immunobreak mechanic, since non-RDM's will still have to contend with it.
    (0)

What I said needs to happen is this for a while now.

RDM needs a JA like BRD's pianissimo (Short recast time) to cast self targeting spells on others, and there needs to be a change to the En-II spells to act like the COR's elemental shots to strengthen enfeebling effect of the same type. As well as the change to the EN-II that lowers the resistance to enfeeblements that of are strong VS the current elements; much like the NIN's Elemental wheel, OR a spell like Dia and Bio that can't be resisted that GREATLY lowers the resistance to debuffs, but effectiveness decreases over time. PLD's and DRK's En-II spells can also be changed to work with Dia and Bio which would be great for those jobs that use those spells.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast