Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    to be fair, immunobreak System is okay on some Mobs when u have to cast para or slow like 2-3 times to get it on, but if enemies have immunities or resists, so u have to cast it lik 10 times, there goes something wrong!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceinwyn View Post
    to be fair, immunobreak System is okay on some Mobs when u have to cast para or slow like 2-3 times to get it on, but if enemies have immunities or resists, so u have to cast it lik 10 times, there goes something wrong!
    I get what you're saying but if it only needs to be cast 2-3 times, the Immunobreak system is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Unresistable might be a bit much to ask. But maybe having a trait where Enfeebling Magic bypasses immunity so all RDM has to overcome really is M. Evasion. That way, there is no need to completely scrap the Immunobreak mechanic, since non-RDM's will still have to contend with it.
    Have to ask yourself the same thing I did... why is it a bit much? I'd say rework the ranges so that an undergeared RDM's paralyze proc's very very little and the slow/blind is almost indistinguishable from no enfeeble at all (same for Tier IIs).

I understand how GEO's skill works, how magic accuracy has no effect, and why it almost can't be dependent on magic accuracy, but I also know that the mere fact that it works that way is kind of an offense to RDM.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Geo's design is an offense to brd/rdm in general and makes no sense.
    (0)

Hello, everyone.

I'd like to share the upcoming adjustment to enfeebling spells planned for the next version update.
    Enfeebling magic spells Frazzle and Distract will get an adjustment where the duration of the effects from these spells will be extended to 5 minutes, and the base values will also be increased for Frazzle III and Distract III.
    With this adjustment, even if the spell was resisted by half, the effect will last longer than the current if it lands without any resistance. (The effect of enfeebling spell won't decrease even if the spell was resisted by half or quarter.)

At the same time, we're going to decrease enemy magic evasion.
    In addition, we'll be sure to not make darkness resistances too high for enemies introduced in future. (That said, it doesn't mean there won't be enemies with high darkness resistance as their characteristics.)

This will also be applied to the upcoming Ambuscade battle content schedule for February, so please be sure to give it a try.
    (3)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Now my question for fellow RDMs doing current end game stuff:

Was the problem just high magic evasion on enemies or was it immunities to most RDM spells?

Because back when I stopped playing end game every mob we fought was immune to most spells I could cast, not even counting high resistance to the spells that could actually land.
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Now my question for fellow RDMs doing current end game stuff:

Was the problem just high magic evasion on enemies or was it immunities to most RDM spells?

Because back when I stopped playing end game every mob we fought was immune to most spells I could cast, not even counting high resistance to the spells that could actually land.
    On this front mostly super high meva. Maybe a couple of soft immunities here and there but it's not the days where they were actively trying to take rdm down a peg by making everything completely resist everything. That said there are several other issues. Just sticking with actually getting the debuffs on the mob even if you manage to spam your way into enfeebling some a lot of them kind of don't care much. Like take omen... every megaboss has a move that removes all debuffs huzzah. Heck one Fu on top of having that move also removes debuffs when it does it's hp triggered buff absorb. Or say thinker even if you got every rdm debuff super saboteured and quickdrawed onto it with SV elegy you'd only decrease it's danger lvl by like .5% maybe.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello, everyone.

I'd like to share the upcoming adjustment to enfeebling spells planned for the next version update.
    Enfeebling magic spells Frazzle and Distract will get an adjustment where the duration of the effects from these spells will be extended to 5 minutes, and the base values will also be increased for Frazzle III and Distract III.
    With this adjustment, even if the spell was resisted by half, the effect will last longer than the current if it lands without any resistance. (The effect of enfeebling spell won't decrease even if the spell was resisted by half or quarter.)

In addition, we'll be sure to not make darkness resistances too high for enemies introduced in future. (That said, it doesn't mean there won't be enemies with high darkness resistance as their characteristics.)

This will also be applied to the upcoming Ambuscade battle content schedule for February, so please be sure to give it a try.

If you going to make RDM good than i suggest you look at Geo Idris on why it's so popular. True facts Geo frailty 50+ defense down % and with bolster maybe 100% defense down? I have nothing against Geo and i truly love this job because it such a strong support. I don't even have a Idris Club but i support Geo.

If you were to greatly increase Frazzle III or Distract III this won't make Rdm popular at all but i welcome the it :/. People want to see big dmg coming from their weapon skills. To be fair it's best to increase the power of Dia III to 30% defense down or higher.

Their are others thing you can do for example:

Frazzle III = magic evasion down, magic defense down,
    Distract III = evasion down and defense down

Akihiko Matsui and Sicycre make it really good so Rdm can be an option in shout when they can't find a Geo. =)
    (0)

Character
    Theodren
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Enfeebling magic spells Frazzle and Distract will get an adjustment where the duration of the effects from these spells will be extended to 5 minutes
    Duration isn't very useful when endgame bosses do constant full erase on themselves. Is there any plan to look into this aspect of enfeebling?

That said, I genuinely appreciate the work going on here and I can't wait to see how the potency adjustments pan out.
    (2)

Player
    Hello, everyone.

Frazzle and distract don't solve the problem of rdm arsenal being useless.
    This still leaves, para, blind, slow, dia and bio are still nearly worthless. Increase of the potency and duration of frazzle really don't do anything for rdm. If anything it actually screws over rdm more. First off the adjustment kills the need for rdm mythic m. acc with aftermath and death blossom added effect. Griov staff and omen grip are far higher potency than anything rdm mythic can ever match.
    That is a problem, mythic should be the king. Not a random drop with random augments.
    Lowering the magic evasion is needed, but it leaves all the people that made mythic on rdm kinda screwed on all their effort. The fix to this would be to either change the convert ratio of murg or add a new stat on rdm mythic for enfeebling magic effect +10%

Fix the potency of para, slow, blind, dia and bio. Frazzle and distract don't do anything to get a rdm in party as is, and now you are lowering mob stats even more which means rdm is needed even less.

para, slow, blind all need to be on a set % of effectiveness based of enfeeble skill

I.E. lowest possible para % would be 5% effective, the higher the enfeeble skill the higher it gets to a cap of 30% effective at 610 skill

dia and bio 3 both need to be 25% when 5/5 merits,
    bio 3 should be BOTH attack down and magic attack down, DoT needs to be raised badly
    dia 3 should be BOTH defense down and magic defense down, DoT needs to be raised badly

poison resist rate really needs to be fixed and poison potency needs to be increased badly

I have been saying this for a very long time now, I wonder how many more times I have to post it before SE realizes they have rdm wrong. Just like everyone told SE for many months Geo needs to be nerfed and they didn't see that either until recently.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thorva; 02-05-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Distract and frazzle are spells that require to stay on mobs for a long time as a over all party enhancement like bard songs and geo spells. you can't have it randomly wearing off because of resists going from 3 minutes to instead 30 seconds. rdm's main arsenal is Enfeeble magic, it has always been and only lost its value due to magic evasion being a "Went thru the roof because of higher endgame content deal", you can't spend all day trying to land a immunobreak spell only to have it still resist and waste the immunobreak due to it becoming less frequent and eventually nil after continued use.
    Rdm does have enhancing spells but people invite brds,cors,geo because they do exactly same thing but better.
    enfeebles will resist, however it shouldn't resist 90% of the time on some current endgame content, it should be more like 20-30% of the time for endgame with fairly decent gear with pimped people being more 5-10% resist,

Be aware that this adjustment is for brd and other minor enfeebling jobs like ninja etc as well, it will allow for better use of spells and make more use out of jobs that have become enhancing only jobs, honestly, cor needs it in a massive way due to quickdraw resists with a 50-60sec recast on its charges which it has a max of 2.

as for rdm mythic sword Murgleis. adding Enfeeble magic +20% sounds more appropriate. i will create a thread for that next or bump someone elses if it already exsists after this post, support it if you feel its needed
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast