Character
    Raain
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

End Game Wish-list

a) Once I beat Rhapsodies, an 'Orb of Remembrance' becomes accessible somewhere in each zone. This allows me to dial back my level to re-live awesome gameplay, at that level, in that zone. For example, as Beastmaster, the Leech Camp in Bhaflau was tons of fun at level 69. I should be able to dial my level back and relive some awesome fun, and work on JP too. And, if I wear level appropriate gear, their stats are buffed! This allows me to go anywhere in Vana'diel, adjust my level, have fun and earn JP! And if I am level sync at that level, the whole party joins the fun! Gob camp in the jungle, woohoo! Maybe JP gain might be augmented in such a pty, I don't know. And maybe... random cool drops? b) [sigh...] Charmables in Sea...
    (1)
    Last edited by RaainofAsura; 10-06-2016 at 12:46 PM. Reason: meant JP not CP... MT Queen!

Character
    Raain
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Two more ideas...

Sorry, its Raain again. If I did this wrong, I'm a noob! Two more suggestions:
    a. In conjunction with the above, it would be cool if I could find a fun place, then level, say Brd (my next job) to 99 without leaving that place. You can sorta do that with FOV but you still need to move around. If I found a fun camp at (for example) lvl 35, then having a way where I could lock my level and exp until 99, that would be way cool! And also getting stat boosts for level specific gear... Again, maybe the Orb of Remembrance I suggested might be the way...
    b. Gear appearance specific Aug quests! I like how the Pluviale looks, but it is pretty mage centric, and not level 99/109/119. Would be very cool to add questlines sort of like Magians, but talking to people maybe, plus killing stuff... But, using the Pluviale as an example, I could aug the thing to 99, use for any job, and then add, for example, CHR+20 -- oh yeah! Well, the point is Auging R/E NM drops first up to any job / hi lvl, then being able to add any stat (Hmmm... Adding Dbl Atk to the Pluviale for my Dnc!)
    PS. I'll be playin FFXI until after I retire, and the game is maybe out on co-op server farm... Will take that long to get my Terpsichore!
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I would appreciate the ability to freely lock your level.

Not that it would get much use, but level sync was a terrible system.

Gear scaling is terrible too. I remember vaguely, that a kirin's osode at one level under cap would give like 10% of it's +'s... that's ridiculous. From +10 to +1 because 74 vs 75. And relics lost all "relicness" even at 75 if you had 80/85/119 etc. I wish that would've been done better.

But yeah, gear complaints aside, freely locking level for whatever reason, should be a thing. So bump etc.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Erm... fairly certain you can place the gear in a set, and use /lockstyleset to lockstyle even gear you can't use on your current job (So long as it's not locking a different weapon type's appearance over your real one)
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    Erm... fairly certain you can place the gear in a set, and use /lockstyleset to lockstyle even gear you can't use on your current job (So long as it's not locking a different weapon type's appearance over your real one)
    This, as long as you have a job leveled to the level of the gear that can equip it, /lockstyleset will work for the gear regardless the job you use it on.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-17-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Player
    Fix the "gear scaling" for Level Sync / level capped content please. It is flat-out broken. Seems like nothing but DEF is carried down from ilvl gear.. I thought the purpose of the scaling was to eliminate the requirement of lvl cap gearsets?
    (0)

Character
    Raain
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Qiqirn Garbage Collector, could have told me what a Cat's Eye was before I pitched it

I was in a hurry clearing out inventory on mules. Threw away a bunch of non-descript stuff including a (sigh) Cat's Eye... The item description was no help; that's about 250 mil of gil on Asura atm, and I am working on a mythic for Dnc >.< Please add Qiqirn Garbage Collectors to the major cities. Trade an item to him, and he will tell you what all it is used for, and then offer to give you gil for it, or dispose of it for you if it can't be NPC'd.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    No one randomly has a cat's eye. so, i mean yeah.

No one could possibly be that stupid. Wiki is your friend, we don't need an npc that does what you should do already and only takes 5 seconds.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So you what? Won the Mog Bonanza, Picked a Cat's eye and didn't know what it was for? Seems unlikely.
    (0)