Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Player Isola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    443
    Character
    Cylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelyus View Post
    The Glowing effect in 1st person view really is something to be removed.
    We don't need a command for it, we need this to be removed completely.
    What is the use of it anyway?
    Imagine how annoying it must be for a ranger or corsair to have its vision blurry all the time when aiming... just ridiculous!
    While I absolutely agree with you. just don't play in first person. Duh.
    (0)

  2. #22
    Player Suteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    102
    Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Since glows are part of the files for the weapons, they'd probably have to program in a whole new subsystem of there was a command to toggle the glows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelyus View Post
    The Glowing effect in 1st person view really is something to be removed.
    We don't need a command for it, we need this to be removed completely.
    What is the use of it anyway?
    Imagine how annoying it must be for a ranger or corsair to have its vision blurry all the time when aiming... just ridiculous!
    This times a million. The rest of my character disappears, why not the glow?
    (0)

  3. #23
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    448
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    This would still be great!

    A friend who actually prefers to play in first-person view mode (yeah, really!) recently got a glowy weapon, and the glow is not fun times in that mode.

    Even more recently, I made one for myself, and it made me realise I use first-person view quite a bit more than I thought. Often it's while cruising in a dungeon on autorun or so, and other times I might be taking screenshots of monsters and places for a wikki, where it seriously gets in the way.

    It seems to work similarly to some costumes, like the one from Datechochin, where it's like you're seeing yourself from behind in first-person view. It would be nice if it would at least be hidden from said view.

    Even with that fixed, a command to disable them globally, or just for one's own character would still be welcome too, similar to '/jobmasterdisp'.

    I've been meaning to write up a request for this on the Japanese side of the forums, but haven't got to it yet (takes a bunch of work as I'm not that good with the language still).

    Figured I'd at least post here for now, in the hopes of it getting forwarded (if it never did before), since there have been some English-side replies in recent times. ^^

    Thanks!
    If you would be prepared to use mods this would be easy to do.
    (0)

  4. #24
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,671
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    while first person view is nice for role play and taking screenshots and stuff, I can't imagine why anyone would play the game in this view fulltime because it limits your ability to see your surroundings. Trying to make a fantasy game realistic is like trying to make a cartoon out of a modern evening sitcom.
    (0)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  5. #25
    Community Rep Okieeomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    7
    Salutations everyone!

    Unfortunately, due to the nature of the effects on the Afterglow weapons, we aren't able to toggle the display of the effect to be turned on and off.
    (3)

  6. #26
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,490
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Okieeomi View Post
    Salutations everyone!

    Unfortunately, due to the nature of the effects on the Afterglow weapons, we aren't able to toggle the display of the effect to be turned on and off.
    Thanks for the reply!

    That is indeed unfortunate, though not unexpected.

    Leaves me wondering if it could at least be hidden in the first-person view, along with item effects such as that of the 'Datechochin'.
    (0)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  7. #27
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    448
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

    That is indeed unfortunate, though not unexpected.

    Leaves me wondering if it could at least be hidden in the first-person view, along with item effects such as that of the 'Datechochin'.
    The data files for glow REMA have the glow texture built into them, there is no way to tell the engine not to display the glow in first person or 3rd. The game just displays whatever the data files has inside it.

    They could tell the game to use the non-glow data files instead if you click an option but it's really annoying and a mass of redirects so they aren't going to do it.

    If it bothers you a lot you can state a specific rema and the race I can tell you how to do a single quick file swap to remove glow.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,490
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The data files for glow REMA have the glow texture built into them, there is no way to tell the engine not to display the glow in first person or 3rd. The game just displays whatever the data files has inside it.
    In computer programming, there's always a way. It's only a matter of time, patience, and/or money. :]

    If it bothers you a lot you can state a specific rema and the race I can tell you how to do a single quick file swap to remove glow.
    Not only is modifying the game client/files a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement, it's far from an actual fix for the issue, and not something I would do (or recommend anyone else to do).

    Regardless, thanks for offering to help, though you probably shouldn't be offering /that kind/ of help here. ^^;
    (0)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  9. #29
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,671
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    In computer programming, there's always a way. It's only a matter of time, patience, and/or money. :]
    Some things are much more difficult than you would expect, particularly when it comes to FFXI, because the game was entirely developed on ps2 dev kits, and the systems that drive this stuff were built many years ago by people who probably don't work at SE anymore. Thus it is highly likely that it wouldn't be a trivial thing to implement, and there are a lot of more higher priority items for them to implement or update than removing the graphic from a rare weapon from the view of the three people who play in first person at all times. Not to minimize anything about people that do play this way, but it really is a very uncommon thing. I don't personally know anyone who does this except for taking screenshots or looking around in confined areas.
    (0)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  10. #30
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,490
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Some things are much more difficult than you would expect, particularly when it comes to FFXI, because the game was entirely developed on ps2 dev kits, and the systems that drive this stuff were built many years ago by people who probably don't work at SE anymore. Thus it is highly likely that it wouldn't be a trivial thing to implement, and there are a lot of more higher priority items for them to implement or update than removing the graphic from a rare weapon from the view of the three people who play in first person at all times. Not to minimize anything about people that do play this way, but it really is a very uncommon thing. I don't personally know anyone who does this except for taking screenshots or looking around in confined areas.
    Yes, I can sort of expect that, believe it or not, and I do agree. I am aware of these things, and I also wouldn't want them to use too much time on it either, when and if that time could be spent on something that will help more than those three (I only know one who does it a lot, and myself who does it mainly for the screenshots and, sometimes, for no particular reason... but definitely not full-time or even most of the time).

    It's a low priority thing, but it is a thing... for some users. ^^
    (0)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3